Sponsored by:

997 TT Car & Driver

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2006, 09:17 PM
stuka
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by LVDell
stuka...you are quite the jerk-off. At no point did I insult you nor attack you. And who really cares what group you are in. Are you that insecure? You remind of those guys I see at the golf course that insist on playing the tips (back tees) when they are nowhere close to a scratch (zero handicap) golfer. Just want to make sure the resst of us are aware they have the "right" to play there. Please.

Moral to the story? If you are not the fastest guy on the track and are holding poeple up with all your sliding (because you just want to) do us all a favor and get your butt in a group comensurate with your laps times.
So, I said that I want to drive sideways, and you said:

"you realize that is the slower way around the track?"

And I replied:

"And please, while I am not the fastest guy on the track, I am in the fast group. So spare me about the slowest way around the corner."

So, in which sentence of my post did I say that I like driving sideways on the track? I simply said that I want to, and the Turbo won't let me. You think that they let you be in the fast group because you slide around on the track? No, first of all, if you do that, your arm will be sore from all the point by's that you'll have to do.

I brought up the fast group because you seem to imply in your post that you are the only one who can drive on the track, and that there is no validity to me wanting my car to do what normal cars do when you get on the gas with a steering wheel bound up at low speed for fun.
Old 02-02-2006, 09:21 PM
stuka
Pro

Originally Posted by Coochas
Dell...
This guy stuka posts every few weeks or so in the same peculiar inflammatory fashion. He trolls the forum making "poser" and "tippy magic tronic" comments and when called on it will start talking about his 996 turbo.
He is just a troll.
You are playing way out of your league. First you didn't like me calling the M96/7 crap wet sump car as they are because you bought one. I am sorry, but M96/7 cars have wet sump punched out Boxster engines. Shoud have done more research before getting your "porsh."

Keep in mind that this thread that you started is about the Turbo, of which I have one, of which I made a comment about its crap PSM.

Why don't you come up with something on your own.
Old 02-02-2006, 09:22 PM
LVDell
Nordschleife Master

Received 28 Likes on 23 Posts

I give that the big whatever. Enjoy trollin'
Old 02-02-2006, 09:26 PM
stuka
Pro

Originally Posted by maoun
stuka,

what exactly is "stuk" up your ***?

i've been racing for years, and when i disagreed with one of LVDell's points, we discussed them logically and reasonably, rather than whipping our dicks out to measure them.

get over yourself for a minute.
No, if he is going to tell everyone that driving sideways is slow with "you reliaze..." I am going to respond in like fashion, as in, who died and made you the king of all tracks and declare that there is no use for driving sideways?

Of course poweron over steer is slower through the corners. Hell, you don't even need to be in the fast group to know that. But perhaps some think that they are the only one who knows anything about drinving on the track, and hence the resonse.
Old 02-02-2006, 09:41 PM
aaoun
Instructor

Received 21 Likes on 10 Posts

stuka, it's hard to hear you through all the attitude.

fix it.
Old 02-02-2006, 09:44 PM
Vancouver83LTD
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by stuka
Sigh, then you are simply not capable of controlling the car.

Modern P cars, even with PSM, can really bite you hard if you get it sideways via momentum. This is tricky to control, but can be done. Happened to me at my first track event with the P car at the Vegas outside track.

This is different than the power on oversteer that is quite safe and fun at 30mph that the PSM will not allow.

Oversteer is not a big deal, not being able to control it is. Mod the driver before modding the car.
Have i driven a modern Porsche? no. I was simply stating the engine being in the wrong place can bit you if you are on public roads and you're beyond your limits / car's limits
Old 02-08-2006, 12:19 AM
Coochas
Rennlist Member

Received 420 Likes on 220 Posts
Default EVO Mag scans of 997 TT Test Drive

I found these scans from the latest EVO over on 6Speed (thanks DJ).
It's the same Speed Yellow 997TT in the same snowy tundra!
ENJOY!
Old 02-08-2006, 02:55 AM
Vancouver83LTD
Nordschleife Master

nice pictures, cooch....

wow that sounded HORRID
Old 02-11-2006, 06:26 PM
stuka
Pro

Just got a FedEx letter from PCNA.

The new Turbo looks exactly like the test car, except its got the ugly 5 spoke rim that is going to be impossible to clean.

The official specs? Pretty sad:

3.6 liter M64
480HP
460 lb-ft
505 ib-ft with the overboost option
3494 lbs with manual, 3571 with tippy magic tronic
193mph top speed
0 to 60 in 3.7

Oh, and the ugly side intake middle slit stays as well.
Old 02-12-2006, 02:46 AM
boolala
Race Car

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Awesome performance. Especially considering how conservatively Porsche's published performance numbers are it would not surprise me to see low 3 sec 0 - 60 times. No disapointment here.
Old 02-12-2006, 04:23 AM
docjackson1
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i agree boolala-i have an 03tt, and i would gladly take a new one. looks great, super car performance, reliable, all weather-i have no problem with the new one.
Old 02-19-2006, 11:57 PM
nsxmofo
3rd Gear

Originally Posted by JohnnyNarcosis
Paid for it last Wednesday. Paid for the shipping from Minnesota last Friday. Prestige is getting it here this coming Wednesday... or Thursday.

Pics from my own camera as soon as they back it down the ramp into my drive way. MSRP was $71,595.00... so far I paid $79,450.00 after my $150 dealer coupon for this 20KB photo.

Until something shows up looking vaguely like five figures worth of machinery, I sip Pepto-Vodka cocktails.

Lord, hear my prayer....
Village Chevy (in the pic) is not far from my house. nice ride.

Quick Reply: 997 TT Car & Driver