Search this Thread

Old 05-08-2004, 05:39 AM
FSAEracer03
TRB0 GUY
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default VA/MD/DC Summer Meet and Fun Run

Hey guys,

On May 29th, we will be having our first area meet for the summer and will have a fun run routed out through some great roads found by Tony (Blue S2) in MD. The location for the meet is up to you guys (I'll take tally of peoples votes). Would you prefer that VA members meet in VA, then drive up to the roads in MD, or would you prefer that everyone find their way up to a meeting place on/near the roads themselves, then meet and enjoy some backroad fun on the way to a place to eat, relax and fill up a parking lot?

Start voting for the details now, and reserving the day for a good ol' Rennlist meet. I've talked to about 20 of you locals about summer NoVA/MD/DC meets, and this will be the first. Let's see if we can't kick off the summer with a great turnout and a lot of classic Porsche fun.
Old 05-08-2004, 07:46 AM
John H. in DC Area
Addict
Rennlist
Lifetime Member

I'll try to make it. Thanks for organizing. This meet has grown considerably since the first one I organized last year. The car's keep getting better and more diverse.
Old 05-08-2004, 09:09 AM
KB993
Intermediate

I would love to attend the drive. Where in MD would the drive begin? Are there any other members coming from the Frederick, MD area?
Old 05-08-2004, 10:16 AM
Mark in Baltimore
Rennlist Member

Received 496 Likes on 320 Posts

I would love to attend but need to think long and hard about the possibility of cording my tires now that I'm running 2+ degrees of negative camber, as well as heat cycling my precious MPSC's. Damn, I need to get another set of wheels and street tires just so I can do these things!

Thanks for organizing, Kevin.
Old 05-08-2004, 10:35 AM
Rezal
Burning Brakes

Any chance we can reschedule for the next weekend? I'll got a business trip that'll take me to Asia that week.

I know it's a selfish request but I figured it wouldn't hurt to ask, esp. this early on
Old 05-08-2004, 10:44 AM
Carrera Mike
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally posted by Mark in Baltimore
.....now that I'm running 2+ degrees of negative camber, as well as heat cycling my precious MPSC's. Damn, I need to get another set of wheels and street tires just so I can do these things!
sorry OT, Mark, now that your car is set up for the track, did you remove your A/C compressor. or at least disconnect the belt to gain that extra horse?
Old 05-08-2004, 11:00 AM
forklift
Rennlist Member

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

Hey Rezal,

It is not up to me, but there is a PCA Potmac event at Summit on 5/22-23. I am fairly certain this would hurt turnout if it got moved up.
Old 05-08-2004, 11:16 AM
Rezal
Burning Brakes

I was actually thinking of the following weekend in June.
Old 05-08-2004, 11:25 AM
forklift
Rennlist Member

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

Sorry, I read it wrong....
Old 05-08-2004, 11:32 AM
peterf
Advanced

I am busy the weekend of the 29th too. The following weekend works for me too...
Old 05-08-2004, 11:48 AM
porscheralph
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 39 Likes on 14 Posts

I'll be there no matter which date - hope for good weather!
Old 05-08-2004, 12:32 PM
Mark in Baltimore
Rennlist Member

Received 496 Likes on 320 Posts

Mike,

No, I have to leave the AC compressor in since I'm in a stock class, but the belt may go later. I'll leave it in for now.
Old 05-08-2004, 03:05 PM
BobbyB
Addict
Rennlist Member

Great timing, I will be home that weekend. I will be there. This will be the 1st run that I will be able to attend this year.

KB993 - I'm coming from the Frederick, MD area

The following weekend is not good for me as I will be in Blowing Rock at Blue Ridge Boxster Summit
Old 05-08-2004, 06:42 PM
solsrch
Pro

Hey, count me in for either weekend. As far as I can tell, I don't have any thing scheduled then. My alignment will done by then and this should provide the perfect opportunity to enjoy the new suspension.
Old 05-09-2004, 12:47 AM
FSAEracer03
TRB0 GUY
Rennlist Member

"I would love to attend but need to think long and hard about the possibility of cording my tires now that I'm running 2+ degrees of negative camber, as well as heat cycling my precious MPSC's. Damn, I need to get another set of wheels and street tires just so I can do these things!

Thanks for organizing, Kevin."

Mark... you urge me to go to Summit, yet you are scared to cord the tires?? 2 degrees isn't so bad... just don't take the straight route the the meet, and I promise the route will be full of twisties for all ps... I might be going to the Point this summer sometime depending on expenses and job possibilities.

"I would love to attend the drive. Where in MD would the drive begin? Are there any other members coming from the Frederick, MD area?"

Hmm, well what I think I'm going to do is post your request on the other cross posts and redirect all thread traffic over to this particular cross post to make it the "official" thread on the matter (simply because this one had the most replies)

I know of one person who would not be able to make that date, Tony... and I'd feel kind of bad changing it because he and are are the ones mapping out the route the weekend before the meet... he had the idea for these particular roads.

Not sure of the actual start point, but it's in Fredrick. We'll know the exact route on the 22nd.

Quick Reply: VA/MD/DC Summer Meet and Fun Run