Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Selling my 944

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-2004, 03:36 PM
Nabeel
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Selling my 944

I hate to do it, but my 944 is up for sale. It is an '85.5 model, Kalahari Beige with a brown leather/leatherette interior. 74K miles with service records dating back to June 1985. If anyone is interested, let me know. The price is $4800, or I'll knock off a little bit for a Rennlist Member . I'm open to offers also. I would love to keep this car, but with the expense of college, plus law school within the next couple of years, I think I could better use the money elsewhere. I would love to see this car sold to a fellow enthusiast. Oh, and the car will be at 944Fest if anyone there wants to see.
Attached Images  
Old 06-30-2004, 03:37 PM
Nabeel
Pro

The car has matching 15-inch Fuchs
Attached Images  
Old 06-30-2004, 03:37 PM
Nabeel
Pro

Attached Images  
Old 06-30-2004, 03:38 PM
Nabeel
Pro

Attached Images  
Old 06-30-2004, 03:39 PM
Nabeel
Pro

interior
Attached Images  
Old 06-30-2004, 03:43 PM
Nabeel
Pro

Oh, and my '96 Audi A6 Quattro is also for sale. Black/Black, 85K miles. $7400, again, with a discount to a Rennlister.
Attached Images  
Old 06-30-2004, 10:10 PM
Tony K
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Wow, that's a gorgeous 944!
Old 06-30-2004, 10:19 PM
MM951
Race Director

Received 49 Likes on 39 Posts

Wow! Good taste in cars my friend
Old 07-01-2004, 12:03 AM
epbrown01
Burning Brakes

What's with the blue/gold tassle? You graduated from Henry Clay HS?

Emanuel (Defender alumnus)
Old 07-01-2004, 12:13 AM
pete944
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

It's a shame that you have to sell it and a bigger shame that I don't have the money to buy it.
That's a really good looking '44. If the maintenance is current you shouldn't have a problem getting your price.
Old 07-02-2004, 04:13 AM
Nabeel
Pro

Originally posted by epbrown01
What's with the blue/gold tassle? You graduated from Henry Clay HS?

Emanuel (Defender alumnus)
Yup! Class of 2002. Nice to see another Lexingtonian .
Old 07-02-2004, 04:23 AM
Nabeel
Pro

Also, I thought perhaps I'll give a little more info on my car...this is pretty much a cut-and-paste of a pm (with some editing) I sent in reply to a Rennlist member who PM'd me about wanting more information:

I've had the car since October 2001, and I am the fourth owner. The car was purchased new by a lady in Colorado, who owned it until 1998, and in the process accumulated about 48K miles. It was then sold to a gentleman in Cincinatti who was an enthusiast and PCA member, and finally sold to a couple in northern KY, from whom I got it.

Mechanically, the car is in good condition. The timing belt and water pump was replaced in September 2002, when the car had 70K miles. Thus, the belts are almost 2 years old and have about 4K miles on them. All interior controls/electronics work with the exception of an aftermarket 12-disc Alpine CD changer which is currently jammed. That changer is hooked up to the stock Blaupunkt Monterey stereo, which does not light up at night and loses its memory everytime the car is turned off. This can be cured by buying a new head unit, and the jammed cd changer can either be fixed or removed completely. I'm not much of an audiophile, nor do I listen to music very much when driving the car, so I have not replaced these items. The A/C is in the midst of getting serviced right now. Last week I took it to the shop and they pumped dye into the system so they could determine easier where a leak was coming from. I will be taking the car back soon, probably after 944Fest, for them to see where the dye leaked and fix the system. The rear hatch seal needs to be replaced also. No water leaks into the cabin, but a small puddle accumulates in the passsenger side fender well when there is heavy rain. Other than these items, the interior of the car is mint. The hinge for the center armrest is broken, but that is a pretty inexpensive piece to replace (~$20). The dash also has a few cracks, but nothing major. The seats are in good shape, with no tears and very minimal wear on the driver side side bolster from getting in/out of the car.

I don't have engine shots at the moment, but I can take some for you later, or you are more than welcome to fully check out the car if you attend 944Fest. Another thing that you should know is that the paint on the car is all original save for the driver side front and rear fenders. The front fender and valance were replaced after a minor fender bender in 2002, and the rear fender was repainted due to multiple scratches and small dents there which was the result of me backing into another car at low speed coming out of my garage. Since the paint is otherwise original, there are road chips and scratches present as a result of years of use. Nothing major though, and overall it looks quite good.

Anyway, that is it for the problems with the vehicle. Mechanically, it is in very good condition and it runs fantastic. I am trying to be as upfront as possible to everyone interested in the car, and thus in this post I am telling every known problem, however minor. I'd like people to know exactly what they are getting themselves into, simply because I would like to know everything about a car before I buy it. I understand that many people may consider $4800 a tad on the high side for a 944na, but at the same time keep in mind that it is very rare to find a car with all service records and manuals since the day it rolled off the dealership lot. I even have the original audio training tape that came with the Blaupunkt stereo. About the only thing missing would be the original window sticker, which I assume one of the previous owners must have kept. The price IS negotiable, and for a Rennlist member we'd be ready to knock off at least a couple hundred. You're also welcome to take the car to a PPI. Oh, one more thing I forgot is that that car is equipped with an Autothority performance chip. Compared to a 'regular' 944na, this car seems to have slightly more top-end power as a result, and the rev limiter seems to have been raised a bit. Nothing major, but the difference is still noticable if you drive this car and a non-chipped car back-to-back.

Last edited by Nabeel; 07-08-2004 at 07:33 PM.
Old 07-02-2004, 05:13 AM
Nabeel
Pro

Originally posted by 944pete
It's a shame that you have to sell it and a bigger shame that I don't have the money to buy it.
That's a really good looking '44. If the maintenance is current you shouldn't have a problem getting your price.
Coming from a guy with a car to die for....that is a huge compliment. Thank you!
Old 07-02-2004, 12:37 PM
FSAEracer03
TRB0 GUY
Rennlist Member

Nabeel... I'll see you at the 'Fest and will take a look at the car... I can't buy it, but I'll look out for a good owner for ya at my shop back here. For one, your car is gorgeous. Great condition! And there is a special place in my heart for waterpumpers from KY... that's where I got Lorelei from.
Old 07-02-2004, 03:37 PM
SamGrant951
Race Director

Received 32 Likes on 28 Posts

Ill have a looksee, any more pics of the Audi?

Quick Reply: Selling my 944