993 Forum 1995-1998

do you like your gray interior?

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-2003, 11:42 PM
Don C
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default do you like your gray interior?

I'm looking at a 95 with gray interior. If you have gray interior, I 'd like to know if you still like it after you have had your car a while, or do you wish you had gotten black or some other color?

Thanks,
Don C
Old 11-16-2003, 12:12 AM
Rohan Nath
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

agree with kim....

having said that i have a grey interior with deviant color carpeting (black in my case). i love the combination!
Old 11-16-2003, 12:14 AM
OldGuy
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 41 Likes on 6 Posts

I wanted a grey int. But I wanted the 993 more, the ext
color was negotiable too. I ended up getting cashmere
and I love it. The expereince is what I was after not really
what color. I knew I could not do black that was my main
concern. If gray does not bother you and its the car you want
go fer it.IMHO.
Old 11-16-2003, 01:10 AM
nota_troll
Rennlist Member

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

Grey interior reminds me of the Star Wars milk Uncle Owen and Aunt Beru (sp) were drinking on Tatooine.

I have that on my Audi and it's not pretty
Old 11-16-2003, 01:36 AM
Jeff 993TT
Drifting

I really like my 2 tone grey/blue interior. I wasn't actively looking for this combo, I just stumbled upon it when I bought my car.

Like the others have said, go with the color combo that you really want. You shouldn't have to feel like you've comprimised when buying a car like this.

Old 11-16-2003, 01:48 AM
jford
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 672 Likes on 474 Posts

Don,
Just purchased a 96 C2, black with the gray/blue combonation like Jeff's. Its funny, I looked at the car during my search and initially rejected it because of the interior color, even posted a thread here about changing the interior color if i bought (liked the car otherwise and thought it a good deal). After looking at a couple of other cars I went back and looked again at this one (4 hour drive by the way). And realised I really liked it. Big hit with everyone who has seen it too. Thought I would want black interior but it felt a bit chlostraphobic to me. Good luck.
Jamie
Old 11-16-2003, 02:13 AM
John Velasco
Burning Brakes

I think the grey interiors work well with the lighter body colors. But I will admit I was looking for a white car with a black interior, but I will also say I’m very happy with my grey interior.

jv
Old 11-16-2003, 08:27 AM
fluid15
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 49 Likes on 33 Posts

I though a triple black Cab was the only combination I would consider. But, as I continued my search the car I ended up buying was everything I was looking for - low miles, all records, etc. - except it had Classic Gray interior. I never thought that sounded attractive but I admit I truly am happy with it and would not trade it for black. It provides a nice contrast with the outside surface and gives the interior a better detail of design. I had a black interior on my 3.2 Cab and liked it, but prefer the Classic Gray. My wife likes it too so that helps!
Old 11-16-2003, 11:40 AM
grouchy
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 23 Likes on 17 Posts

When I started looking at the 993, I really wanted the green exterior with the cashmere interior. Since I couldn't find one of those, I started looking for something that wasn't white, black, yellow or red.

I found a slate grey exterior and light gray interior with the rootwood panels. Have been very happy with the colors.
Old 11-16-2003, 01:19 PM
chris walrod
Guru
Lifetime Rennlist

Rennlist Small
Business Sponsor

Received 98 Likes on 50 Posts

Gray interior was my first choice, but never found a car that was the 'one' with that color interior. What I like even more is the blue/gray combo.

I eventually ended up with a speed yellow car and black is the color of choice, IMHO, for that exterior color.

Iris blue and a blue/gray interior is my favorite combo!
Old 11-16-2003, 02:01 PM
Ray Calvo
Passed On
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Never had a car with a gray interior before, but think it goes great with the Adventurine Green exterior. Color holding up fine.

Like others, I say make up your own mind. I liked it the first day I saw it. If you're unsure about the color, I say avoid it. If you're wondering about upkeep items (does it fade? does it show dirt like a white interior?) I would say after 8 years and 79K miles mine looks fine.
Old 11-16-2003, 02:14 PM
Bins
Addict
Rennlist Member

Mines midnite blue with 2 tone gray interior. Light grey seats and dark grey everything else. I think it looks great.
Old 11-16-2003, 03:14 PM
TheOtherEric
Rennlist Member

Received 35 Likes on 23 Posts

I wanted basically any color EXCEPT black and bought a car with "rubico gray" leather interior. Very happy, tho I might like cashmere a bit more...
Attached Images  
Old 11-16-2003, 03:58 PM
ON TIME
Pro

looks very nice.
Old 11-16-2003, 05:19 PM
mike cap
Rennlist Member

Received 338 Likes on 237 Posts

I have a Classic Gray interior. Not my first choice, but does look good with the Arena Red.

I've "dolled" it up by replacing the gray sw with the AJ USA three spoke wheel, MY '02 black shifter, aluminum and leather handbrake and AJUSA aluminum pedals.

Quick Reply: do you like your gray interior?