Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Intercity Lines, LLC

Dr colorchip, has anyone tried this?

Search this Thread

Old 11-28-2006, 11:10 AM
mark '87 930
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dr colorchip, has anyone tried this?

I saw this advertisement in the latest issue of Pano.. and wondered if anyonoe here hs attempted using this product before?

http://www.drcolorchip.com/
Old 11-28-2006, 01:20 PM
Brett San Diego
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Something very similar is Langka. www.langka.com It looks like the Dr. Colorchip is a kit including your desired touch-up paint color and the solvent for levelling out the chip repair. Langka is just the solvent. Buy touch-up from www.paintscratch.com.

I've used Langka with perfectly acceptable results. Note that nothing will ever make a chip completely indistinguishable from an unchipped painted area. But, levelling out the paint blob with Langka makes it look a lot better. I would recommend it.

Brett
Old 11-28-2006, 01:37 PM
GothingNC
Drifting

Received 49 Likes on 31 Posts

Do you just wipe the dr. color chip on like a coat of wax?

I've got a bunch of chips and it would take me a long time to fill each one individually.

I heard this worked pretty well.

http://www.touchup123.com/
Old 12-01-2006, 04:14 PM
glenncof
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I did a refinish project on a metalic '85 and posted the Whole procees here; search on my name.

I researched the Langka approach and found it was basically putting down a spot of laquer paint then leveling it with thinner, cover with clear coat if two stage. This would work well on non-metalic. In my case the thinner pulled the metalic out so it didn't work well. Tedious if lots of spots and can look like freckles if paint is not dead color accurate.

Quick Reply: Dr colorchip, has anyone tried this?