Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Picture of my MODS

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-2004, 12:56 PM
jamy85
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

magicdracula: I was in malibu around 2 months ago to visit my friend who was also studying in pepperdine. I didnt like the area a lot, I think boston is way better.
Old 06-21-2004, 09:49 AM
magicdracula
Instructor

Oh man, are you serious??

I loved it, I mean standing 10 minutes in front of the waves in Zuma Beach (15 mins drive from Pepperdine) is 1000000000000 better than spending months and months in Boston.

Or the BEAUTIFUL lounges over the Sunset Strip, or the sweet drive over Beverly Hills (don't tell me Newbury St.) or the beautiful luxurious Orange County and its out worldly spas. Or the 4 hours drive to Vegas, or the 2 hours uphill drive to Big Bear to ski after spending the morning on the beach down in town.

OR THE GIRLSSSSSSS OF CALI (Barbie style)

Jamy, I loved that place like no other, sadly crappy Pepperdine screwed me up in my transferred credits so I had to return back to Boston and finish. But once I'm done in here I'll cross my fingers to go back there and get my masters from there.

Maybe one time you should come there with me so I can show you the secrets of S. Cali
Old 06-21-2004, 11:09 AM
ljugete
Rennlist Member

Have you thought about upgrading to the turbo front hood? Looks alot sharper IMHO.

Nice stealth CS Sami!

Old 06-21-2004, 11:52 AM
jamy85
Burning Brakes

Originally posted by magicdracula
Oh man, are you serious??

I loved it, I mean standing 10 minutes in front of the waves in Zuma Beach (15 mins drive from Pepperdine) is 1000000000000 better than spending months and months in Boston.

Or the BEAUTIFUL lounges over the Sunset Strip, or the sweet drive over Beverly Hills (don't tell me Newbury St.) or the beautiful luxurious Orange County and its out worldly spas. Or the 4 hours drive to Vegas, or the 2 hours uphill drive to Big Bear to ski after spending the morning on the beach down in town.

OR THE GIRLSSSSSSS OF CALI (Barbie style)

Jamy, I loved that place like no other, sadly crappy Pepperdine screwed me up in my transferred credits so I had to return back to Boston and finish. But once I'm done in here I'll cross my fingers to go back there and get my masters from there.
Maybe one time you should come there with me so I can show you the secrets of S. Cali

Definitely, my friend didnt know how to get around maybe because its his first year.
Old 06-21-2004, 12:27 PM
eyeglaskid
Advanced

The Turbo front bumper swap was a pain in the *** according to the shop..And expensive $3500. Aside from the bumper you need inner and outer grills, bumper caps, head light washer caps, custom mounting brackets, front valance, and the bumper actually needs to be sent out to a bumper shop to have the park sensor holes filled. But I really prefer the look.

REgarding the Amp, I had Dave Navone (stereo guru of www.davidnavone.com) fabricate a custom output line converter that could handle the power of the bose subwoofer amp. Basically how it works is it take the input signal from the subwoofer speaker leads (at this point they are no longer MOST Bus signals), and converts them into pre-amp signal leads that are connected to the amplifier. I will post a page on the procedure since I already went through days of trial and error.
Old 06-21-2004, 02:00 PM
Difference Engine
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by eyeglaskid
The Turbo front bumper swap was a pain in the *** according to the shop..And expensive $3500. Aside from the bumper you need inner and outer grills, bumper caps, head light washer caps, custom mounting brackets, front valance, and the bumper actually needs to be sent out to a bumper shop to have the park sensor holes filled. But I really prefer the look.
I can vouch for this. We're doing this conversion at the moment for one of our Cayenne S customers. Our bodyshop hates us right now! When it's all said and done, this customer's Cayenne S will have Turbo front bumper, Turbo hood, Turbo rear bumpers, and he's already done the red calipers. With all the money put into the conversion, plus the truck's original price, he might as well have just bought a Turbo! He's within $10k CDN of a Turbo.

To each their own I guess.
Old 06-21-2004, 04:55 PM
James McGoff
Intermediate

Eyeglaskid
Car looks great but would look better with the Sport Technos pushed to each corner with the 18mm spacers, has a dramatic effect on the stance of the car from the rear
Attached Images  
Old 06-21-2004, 04:57 PM
James McGoff
Intermediate

one more
Attached Images  
Old 06-21-2004, 06:15 PM
magicdracula
Instructor

James McGoff That is the sweetest thing I've ever seen on a Cayenne, looks really good!

What's the 18mm spacers, I have the 20 rims and I would love for my car to look like yours, it look sooooo sporty

What about the air suspension, would perform as usual with this modification?

And on what Air Sus level was the picture taken? Normal or low?

Many thanks

Last edited by magicdracula; 06-21-2004 at 06:31 PM.
Old 06-22-2004, 03:55 AM
James
1st Gear

Magicdracula
The suspension is set on low for the picture
The spacers are a Techart product and bolt on to the wheel hub between the wheel and the hub front 12mm rear 18mm needed with the factory "offroad pack" of larger wider arch trims
I looked at other cheaper makes but only Techart TUV approved, they were purchased and installed by a company called Tech 9 in Liverpool UK, the torq applied to the fixings is very important
I am sure there must be a US dealer for Techart?
Old 06-22-2004, 02:56 PM
eyeglaskid
Advanced

Originally posted by Difference Engine
I can vouch for this. We're doing this conversion at the moment for one of our Cayenne S customers. Our bodyshop hates us right now! When it's all said and done, this customer's Cayenne S will have Turbo front bumper, Turbo hood, Turbo rear bumpers, and he's already done the red calipers. With all the money put into the conversion, plus the truck's original price, he might as well have just bought a Turbo! He's within $10k CDN of a Turbo.

To each their own I guess.
A fool and his money are soon parted.. My only excuse is since my car was in the body shop from being rearended it was perfect timing, and some of the cost was absorbed by the insurance company.

Quick Reply: Picture of my MODS