Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Battery Cable Package Done! Final Prices Calculated!

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-2004, 12:01 AM
JerryW
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sorry Dan - been out of town. Payment of the balance for both kits will go out in the morning
Old 08-20-2004, 12:11 AM
adrial
Nordschleife Master

Is it possible to get just the negative cables? Perhaps if someone bails, and then someone else wants just the positives?
Old 08-20-2004, 01:03 AM
IceShark
Nordschleife Master

Jerry, I was just looking up your E-Mail address. Since you are getting two sets I also wanted to set aside a bigger and stiffer box for you. Ok, I can put a check mark on your name.

Adrial, You can get the negatives and battery clamp anytime you want. They are not a big supply problem as they don't require inline fuses. I'll have an extra 9 built this weekend, two are probably taken but there is one for you if you want it. Just let me know and send me your zip code again so I can figure out shipping.
Old 08-20-2004, 11:42 PM
RJB
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Dan,

Just sent you a PM to be sure I have it calculated correctly.
Old 08-21-2004, 12:36 AM
adrial
Nordschleife Master

Sounds good to me.

Can I get the negatives + the positive that runs to the starter (the one that seems to start all the electrical related engine fires)?

Let me know how much $$ and if shipping is the same and I'll send it out via paypal.
Old 08-21-2004, 08:11 AM
IceShark
Nordschleife Master

Sure, adrial. But I'm going to have to buy a one-off military/marine positive battery clamp for your main positive and up-charge you for that. They usually cost $1.88 plus the shipping in boxes of 25. When I buy a single it is $5.13 and I have to drive over to pick it up. I really haven't come up with a standard price for seperating the battery to starter cable from the starter to alternator cable. Let's say $70 with the upcharge for the clamp. If more people are interested in this I can do another run of just them. And get the prices down ckoser to $60.

Shipping will be the same, within a buck, since we are over 4 lbs. I have all the supplies to make your starter cable, just give me a few days to get to it. I just got done making up 30 packages and have to clear them off the deck.

So, we have negatives at $49 + starter positive at $70 and shipping and packing box at $15. Total is $134. Send the PayPal and I will get this off to you later next week.

Sort of an off topic rant but some guys have complained about shipping costs being more than FedEx actually charges at the company they work for. I don't ship 100 boxes a month so don't get a discount from FedEx or anyone else. I've got to buy boxes, tape and packing peanuts. Pack the box up, maybe sort through e-mails or PMs to figure out the correct address, if it is a biz or residence, telephone number, etc. and print up the label. Then cart it off to FedEX. This takes a lot of time which isn't built into the cable prices. Give me a break, guys.
Old 08-25-2004, 03:32 AM
IceShark
Nordschleife Master

Well, here is the situation for those that haven't kept up.

Ken Dobbins, I'll have to send you a snail mail to tell you to pay up the full amount. You owe $214. I can't find your e-mail so this is what I need to do. Rennlisters, I have no problem with Ken following through with things. I just can't find his e-mail message.

All the guys that said they wanted battery cables but didn't send in the $50 deposit, your asses are kicked off the list. End of story and no appeal.

The gals followed up just fine.

Brian Broderik, You may be in luck but we need to see how final payments shake out.

This all has to be done in the next two weeks. I'm going off to Micronesia diving, then probably off to Alaska elk hunting, there is no way we are doing any Porsche stuff with me until November.
Old 08-25-2004, 10:17 AM
Wormhole
Three Wheelin'

Any pics? I cracked my positive terminal. Do you have just the terminal that attaches to the battery?
Old 08-25-2004, 11:02 AM
IceShark
Nordschleife Master

John, There are pics up on the net but I'm not hosting them. Don't know what good they would do you as the build is all sold out.

If you go to NAPA you can get the military/marine positive terminal I use. It is NAPA part #728223. My local NAPA charges around 5 bucks for one. While I get them for $1.88 from Molex in boxes of 25, with shipping you may as well get one from NAPA rather than me.

You are going to have one problem. The main connection bolt is 3/8" in diameter. All the spaghetti of little positives have eye terminals that are 6mm or 1/4" . So you need to buy a replacement bolt that is 1/4" or use a stepdown coupling from 3/8 to 1/4. I get around this problem as I have the supplemental fuse off the battery terminal and I put a 1/4" eye terminal on it.

If you cracked the positive terminal you are going to have to do something about the battery to starter cable. I suppose I could build you a new one with the fireproof fiberglass sleeve. Around $65 plus the shipping. Then I guess I could pick up one of the battery clamps for you as I know what it is and I'll just buy a single from NAPA.
Old 08-25-2004, 11:09 AM
adrial
Nordschleife Master

Money is sent to wraydan@msn.com via paypal, sorry for the delay.
Old 08-25-2004, 11:30 AM
CPTdooberhead
Drifting

Money sent via paypal Dan, thanks!
-Randy
Old 08-25-2004, 11:55 AM
Dal Heger
Addict
Rennlist Member

Got my cables yesterday! Great job Dan! thanks! I thought that I was also getting the cable to the fuse/relay box with the set, I guess I misunderstood. No worries, GREAT looking cables, and MUCH better than what's on the car now.

Thanks again!

Dal.
Old 08-25-2004, 12:20 PM
Dmitry S.
Rennlist Member

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

If you could inform me about the next run of cables you make, that would be great.
Old 08-25-2004, 12:29 PM
IceShark
Nordschleife Master

Dal, Wait a minute. You should have gotten the supplemental positive to the fuse/relay box. You paid for it and I show i packed it. There should be two cables connected to the positive battery clamp. The big #1 AWG one is to the starter. The smaller #4 AWG one with the 150 amp fuse right off the clamp is the cable that runs to the fuse/relay box.

Let me know about this right away as the supplemental cable and fuse is a real shortage spot. I was going to let another guy into the build because some earlier guys never sent in deposits. If you didn't get that, I've got trouble.

You can't miss the cable and fuse.
Old 08-25-2004, 12:50 PM
IceShark
Nordschleife Master

Dmitry,

Here is the problem: I need to order 200 inline fuses next time around. Those are about $12 each wholesale. Not jobber prices, OEM wholesale. Enough for 100 packages. I'm not going to say how the fuses were obtained up till now, but it can't keep going on. Someone is going to catch on and shut things down. Well, the product manager at LittelFuse knows me and the freebies are shut down. Thank you Littelfuse for a few hundred fuses to make our cars safer.

But we have retailers that are interested in the product so a new BIG build may happen. When I get back in November we shall see how things look.

Quick Reply: Battery Cable Package Done! Final Prices Calculated!