Sponsored by:

Calling All PCCB Victims

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-2004, 08:25 PM
guykoken
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Calling All PCCB Victims

I'M MAD AS HELL AND I'M GOING TO DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT!

Did you buy a PCCB equipped Porsche in reliance on the Factory's/ PCNA's longevity claims and with the intention of tracking your vehicle? If so, you have a cause of action against Porsche A.G. and PCNA for their deceit. The damages to which you should be entitled comprise your cost of the PCCB's, the cost of switching to the standard cast iron disc system, reasonable compensation for lost track time, and, possibly, punative damages, to punish Porsche A.G. and PCNA for their lies.
If you are one of Porsche's PCCB casualties, post your name here or send me a private E-mail. I want to organize my fellow victims to pursue our claims together, through a single attorney whom we will retain together.
Our causes of action are not grounded in contract, but rather in tort.You don't have to have purchased your PCCB-equipped Porsche in the U.S.A., or to have purchased it new, to pursue you claim successfully. Rather, you just have to have relied to your detriment on Porsche's bull****.
Please let me hear from you.
Richard A. Bain.
Old 08-24-2004, 10:07 PM
AeroGT3RedWing
Racer

I salute you.
Old 08-24-2004, 10:25 PM
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm in.
Old 08-24-2004, 10:35 PM
JESSE COMBS
7th Gear

Me too!
Old 08-24-2004, 10:48 PM
guykoken
Instructor

AeroGT3RedWing:
Than's for the salute. Are you a fellow PCCB victim?

Richard A. Bain
Old 08-24-2004, 11:14 PM
cbennettus
Instructor

Default Grrrrrrr....

Count me in. I've already started pricing new brakes. Hard to imagine paying for an $8K option only to find it's not usable on a track. Not to mention the symphony I hear every time I come to a stop.
Old 08-25-2004, 02:10 AM
fbfisher
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

I am sure you have seen it but just in case, one of the last two issues of Excellence in the tech notes section states that PCCB should not be used on the track and that several customers have had multiple sets replaced by Porsche.

Fred.
Old 08-25-2004, 07:42 AM
Konstantin
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

hello
we had teh same discussion in Geramny. I have now a oficial statement form Porsche press tech guy. The PCCB works good and as advertised if you use in on the street. If you race the car then it is a different story.
a Gt3 cup rotor last thousands of km on the street but only a couple of hours on racing. A PCCB do the same. maybe a couple hours longer but thats it.

if someone can read German I can scan the Porsche statment and post it here.

Konstantin
Old 08-25-2004, 09:23 AM
guykoken
Instructor

Konstantin:
Yes, please post it.
Richard A. Bain
Old 08-25-2004, 12:03 PM
Konstantin
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

It will take some days. I will post the address here. I will try to translate it with alta vista so that many can see what it says.

Konsatntin
Old 08-25-2004, 04:22 PM
AeroGT3RedWing
Racer

Nope. I've never had PCCB.
Don't think i ever will.
Good luck to those of you who do though
Old 08-25-2004, 05:00 PM
Mr. RS
Instructor

Talking PCCB. The Truth!

Gentlemen,

I post the following quote from Journomans award winning article 'Ceramic revolution' from a recent copy of "Hot Flywheel" I think it may be of interest...................................

I was having Al fresco lunch with Porsche R & D Director Helmutt Schlapper. Mid summer, the delicate scent of wild flowers blending perfectly with the subtle aromas of our open bottle of Riesling. A buxom blonde haired beauty gliding towards our table holding two massive plates of sauer kraut. 'Her Journoman, zey are big gazunkers no?'...... 'Actually Helmutt, I was looking at those plates', 'imagine disks that size and that weight! AND the ceramic construction would have fantastic heat dissipating qualities!!' 'Vy Jounoman, you are a geeneuus!, I vil gooo back too de factowy stvaight avay'!!

I put some moves on that waitress, what a night.

.A week later at the test track, I drive the first PCCB equipped car. 'Initial impressions..........ABS triggered as I turn in with big understeer for sure, soon the moment passes, she settles as I hook up to the power, squatting like a ***** on an MP's trumpet' ...........the straight, 150, 180, 200 scenery blurs, the braking zone, still on the power, flat, 200 meters, 150, 100, 75, still flat - the technicians open mouthed,...............at 25 meters I put on the stoppers..... She stops dead. As my mind pulls itself from the 5th dimension, I am aware of tapping on the door. It's Helmutt. I get out and we both stare at the discs, the yellow callipers gleaming triumphantly in the evening sunlight. I turn to him, 'Helmutt, I pushed those babies lap after lap to the limit,' I lean forward and touch a disc with my forefinger, It's cold already. I am aware of birds calling as the sun sets, they know that history has just been made. Tears of joy are falling from Helmutt's face, I too shed a tear 'and do you know what is even more amazing........you can still see the willow pattern'

Journoman
Old 08-26-2004, 12:02 AM
Bob Rouleau

Still plays with cars.
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 255 Likes on 119 Posts

Richard

Bravo. I feel very loet down by Porsche's handling of the PCCB issue. Clearly they made a mistake and for whatever reason their claims were unjustified. Colm tracked the changes in the wording on their website and posted the "before and after" versions to this forum. Bruce Anderson's column in Excellence observed that some owners had multiple sets replaced ... that was not the attitude up here in Canada though. We got the "no warranty if you track". Why the hell would anyone buy a GT2 other than to enjoy it on a track?

Good luck in your venture.

Rgds
Old 08-26-2004, 12:41 AM
AW
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hi Richard,

Please count me in. I have replaced my PCCB rotors and pads at my cost. I would have stayed away from it but with the GT2 I had no choice. One of my rotor got damaged after a single 50mn session at Laguna Seca.
Email me if I can do anything. aweber@gmail.com

AW
Old 08-26-2004, 05:37 AM
Konstantin
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

I can only say. if you RACE then buy the ORIGINAL cup rotors. I mean the original cup not the gt2 steel. Both look the same and both fit but the cup one is stronger. this was always teh case. in the first 944 Turboi cup or the big reds in the 964 cup cars which was as big as the one on the street cars but better build etc etc.
the real race parts are more expensive but they are better and last longer. you can change the steel rotors five times for the price of one PCCB.
put the cup pads also on the track and you have a perfect set up which Porsche us ein le Mans or in the Supercup. why bother with other non testetd stuff.
steer is street and racing is racing.. They have nothing common!

Konstantin

Quick Reply: Calling All PCCB Victims