Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Euro parts group buy -- FEELER

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-2004, 01:10 AM
Zero10
Race Car

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Euro parts group buy -- FEELER - UPDATED

I am presently in the process of trying to organize a group buy on euro parts. In the past I have contacted many of the large dismantlers over in Europe, particularily Van Zweeden, and have found the prices to be far too high. However, I recently found somebody in Scotland, who is willing to hit up a few of the local yards for parts. I have not got any final numbers yet, but hopefully it will be better than Van Zweeden. Anyhoo, I have come to the realization that the only way it is practical to bring over any euro parts, is if I bring over a lot of them. Meaning, I need more than just me to make this work.
So, I am wondering, whether anybody would be interested in some euro 944 parts, particularily front and rear bumpers, along with maybe fenders, valences, etc. I am hoping that they can be brought over as complete as possible, i.e. with lights, bumperettes, etc.
If so, what would you consider a reasonable price? I will try my best to make this work.

Due to the volume of parts involved (at least 100-200 cubic feet), I don't think it's practical to limit the shipment to only 944 parts.
I do not know much about other porsche's, and the difference between USA and ROW parts on them, so I am hoping you guys can enlighten me. What other parts should I consider bringing over? Are there different euro bumpers for 928's? 911's? Anything?
What parts would you guys be interested in?

If you need to contact me directly, give me a shout at ctrowat@ucalgary.ca

If the parts shipment spills over into other models, I'll be sure to cross-post, so everybody who wants in gets a chance on this.

Last edited by Zero10; 10-17-2004 at 04:37 PM.
Old 10-05-2004, 03:52 AM
Zero10
Race Car

No interest???
Old 10-05-2004, 08:27 AM
Dave
Race Car

Maybe, let us know more as you get the details. A euro front bumper nd vented nose panel (924 cgt) would be nice and I'd consider the rear bumper too if the price is right.
Old 10-05-2004, 09:08 AM
xsboost90
Rennlist Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

bumper and nose for front!!
Old 10-05-2004, 09:12 AM
tifosiman
Race Director

Received 16 Likes on 10 Posts

My 2 cents on importing a bunch of euro parts.........

I *think* that while many Rennlisters are interested in euro parts (mainly NA front bumpers and NA/951 rear bumpers), they have been made weary of attempts to import these parts, due to a few aborted attepts by some other 'listers (names with-held). I know of two other importation attempts that I was waiting on that never came thru, thus I had to take matters into my own hands to get what I needed.

If you are able to do a lot of legwork, and get part#'s, prices, photos, quantity available, etc.......that would go a long way toward gauging interest and getting some commitments.

Good luck!
Old 10-05-2004, 12:11 PM
Zero10
Race Car

Okay, so the lack of response is probably due to previous experience.
Thanks for the heads-up on that tifo. I have a contact in scotland who is going to do some leg-work for me over the next week, looking for some prices, and hopefully pictures. As soon as information is available, I will post it here.
I was hoping for some rough numbers of how many people are interested, so I don't ask this guy to drive all over looking for parts if nobody wants them =)
Although, I have a hunch that quite a few people will be interested.

Anyways, I will be trying my very best to make this all go through, but please keep in mind, at this point there are no promises. If we get to the point where people are interested, and parts are available, I am willing to enter into a legal contract with each and every buyer stating that I will provide the parts. As I will also enter into a contract with the person providing my parts. Hopefully (providing there is enough interest) when we get to that point, everybody's worries will be alleviated.

In the mean-time, are there any other porsche parts I should be looking for? Perhaps 928 or 911 bumpers or something? I am not familliar with those models, so I don't know if there is a difference. The more people get involved, the less shipping will be for each part.

I have a friend who has an 83 euro 944, imported from Germany in 2000, I took some pictures of his car, to show what the bumpers look like, for anybody who does not yet know. He also has a valence on the back, which I am almost certain is not factory, even on euro cars. I will see if it is available, because I think it looks pretty good =)

I'll post the pictures as soon as I am able to. (I need to re-size them, and blank out the plate)
Old 10-05-2004, 12:19 PM
tifosiman
Race Director

Received 16 Likes on 10 Posts

You may want to post over on the 911 forum and ask about the differences. I know that 911 euro cars had different rear (and front?) turn signals for varying years. I know for a fact that the front and rear bumpers on the euro 911SC cars (78-83) were different (did not have the huge US-spec rubber).

951 guys might be interested in front euro bumper covers that have no side markers, and also euro-spec driving/fog combo lights.

If you are enquiring about the parts, you will want to ensure you are getting all of the little bits that make installation easy (proper bumper shocks/brackets/trim, lighting plugs, etc..........)

Hope that helps!
Old 10-05-2004, 12:23 PM
Zero10
Race Car

It sure does help tifo, good info.
I'll post over on the 911 board a little later, after I'm out of class for the day (I only have about 12 minutes left before this class starts, I love wireless =).
Thanks for the quick answer.

Anyways, as earlier mentioned, here are the pictures of my friend's car.

I as well had considered 951 fronts with no side markers, but I was not 100% sure that the euro ones did not have them.
If somebody was interested, I could probably get those, I wonder if you guys would want the euro fenders to go with it, or if you would drill the holes for the marker lights in your own?

Seeing those pictures again gave me an idea. What about E-Code H4 lenses? My friend's car puts out unreal amounts of light, when compared to my sealed-beam 7" round's. Probably has something to do with the second set of H3's in the bumper, but I know that the lenses do help. If the price is low enough, I'll see what I can do about getting some lenses over.
I'll also look into the euro-spec turbo driving lights.
Old 10-05-2004, 03:11 PM
zehnd
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I think you knew this already but I would like the Euro front and rear with all hook up parts. No valence though.

If the price is right.
Old 10-05-2004, 03:41 PM
Carl Nall
Addict
Rennlist Member

If the price turns out to be reasonable, I'm also interested in front and rear bumpers complete with all necessary bumper shocks, lights, trim and wiring.
Old 10-05-2004, 08:56 PM
Campeck
Campeck Rulez
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I wouldjust LOVE an N/A front bumper.....but I need a job
maybe if this doesnt go through untill next year I will be in
Old 10-05-2004, 09:06 PM
Adam H
Pro

I'd be interested in, of course, some fog/driving lights, but those are miniscule.
Old 10-05-2004, 11:00 PM
Eyal 951
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by Adam H
I'd be interested in, of course, some fog/driving lights, but those are miniscule.
me too! I'd like a euro rear bumper, mainly for the weight savings i hear that are had, but, I have lots to do before i start to mess with that. so put me down for interested on euro driving lights... actaully, their used or new? I'd like new.
~Eyal
Old 10-06-2004, 03:33 AM
Zero10
Race Car

Hmm, I was going to get as many used sets as possible, that is, no sets with cracks or chips. Then try to track down the rest in new sets.

Depending on how the parts-listing is coming, and how many people are interested, and how many parts we're looking at, it could be early next year by the time everything goes through. I'm hoping to push it through sooner though. At the moment, I'm just waiting on some prices, I'll let you guys know as soon as I do.
Old 10-17-2004, 04:42 PM
Zero10
Race Car

Alrighty, I have received an update from my contact in Scotland. The prices seem pretty reasonable to me. I don't have exact numbers yet, but I'll be sure to post those in the next day or two when I have them finalized.

I should note, all painted parts are being sold as 'needing paint'. I will try my best to match everybody's color requests, and we are trying for the best condition bumpers possible, but obviously, I cannot guarantee that they are ready to install on cars.

What other parts should I be looking into?

Quick Reply: Euro parts group buy -- FEELER