Sponsored by:

GT3 Crankcase breather

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2006, 04:50 AM
Racerron
Racer

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default GT3 Crankcase breather

Has anyone installed the rennsport crankcase breather and if so did it make any difference at all? I have heard all kinds of claims but wonder about their truthfullness.
Old 04-07-2006, 01:00 PM
nmex
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have . It got done at the same time as I did the LWF wheel and RS clutch. I dont think you will feel or see a difernce on the street. It does make a difernce on the track. I have done several DE with other fela GT3 and I can say I PULL away from them very nicely.
I was told by my mechanic that it will help only at the Track since it will help gases vent faster witch will generate more horse power. They calme 10hp I have not dyno the car since I did all of these. So dont know how true it is . Defenetly a must if you do the LFW and clutch . The crank case breather is just right there and easy to get to when the transmition is down and a $20usd dealer can orter part as well
Old 04-07-2006, 01:20 PM
Bob Rouleau

Still plays with cars.
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 255 Likes on 119 Posts

Ron, READ THIS thread to learn about the GT3 crankcase seal.

To answer another question posted elsewhere, not much is known about the RS. It will be limited production and apparently will be weight reduced. The rear window will be in Lexan instead of glass. I am told that this will be the hard core version for guys like us. Coming Spring 2007.

Best,
Old 04-10-2006, 09:01 PM
ArcticFox
Burning Brakes

Received 34 Likes on 26 Posts

So..........being as this is a factory part I auuse it would not have a negative impact on the warranty???? Thoughs?
Old 04-11-2006, 01:53 AM
Holger B
Race Car

Received 87 Likes on 34 Posts

Originally Posted by ArcticFox
So..........being as this is a factory part I auuse it would not have a negative impact on the warranty???? Thoughs?
I don't think that's a safe assumption.

IIRC, that breather changes the pressure in the crankcase and may require different seals. (Sorry, no free lunch.) So if your car starts gushing oil & the dealer sees that breather, well...you may find out how good your relationship with them is.

I heard of someone who was thinking of possibly doing the LWF (all Porsche parts) and the dealer brought up possible issues regarding the warranty. Never mind that it's standard on the RS.
Old 04-11-2006, 02:14 AM
ArcticFox
Burning Brakes

Received 34 Likes on 26 Posts

well, if one were to replace that breather with the stock one before taking it in............

Na, I wouldn't chance it. If they would cover it, fine. If there is doubt, forget it, it aint worth it. Same would go for the LWFW. Mine is stock (cept for pads) and I think it will stay that way. Just plain simpler that way too! I tricked (tracked) out my last two M3's. I am trying not to go down that road again.
Old 04-11-2006, 02:21 AM
mooty
GT3 player par excellence
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 5,480 Likes on 2,269 Posts

Originally Posted by ArcticFox
I tricked (tracked) out my last two M3's. I am trying not to go down that road again.
i did that to my e36m3 also, blew the motor right up. now, i prefer stock other than safety gears and r compounds. i am so far below the car's limit, i dont need any of that.

Quick Reply: GT3 Crankcase breather