Sponsored by:

PSE Moders. Q ?

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-2006, 08:43 PM
jhbrennan
Rennlist Member

Received 81 Likes on 73 Posts

Originally Posted by robbonds
When i first installed pse hooked to sport button in my car i was disappointed. I didnt think it sounded that great. When i "unplugged" and then later installed the valve flap(correct way to do it) the sound was much deeper and louder at all rpm ranges and never cut off...it sounded the way i always thought a 911 should/would sound.

no need for test drive with insaller - this is the way it was meant to sound and i love it
By "valve flap" method I assume you mean disconnecting the vacuum?? Why is this the "correct" way when disconnecting the orange plug does the same thing only electronically?
Old 06-20-2006, 09:43 PM
robbonds
Three Wheelin'

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

theres a black hose in the engine compartment...in the back passenger side - easy to find

unplug it - your porsche dealership should have a vacuum flap to insert - its white on 1 side, black on the other...it has a a small peice of black hose on each end...insert in the open place you just created..white side up(to the left)...
presto - your exhaust is open all the time - slightly louder than normal - sounds amazing...you have no unconnected wires or any chance of a CEL

suncoast showed me how to do this..they recommended against just unplugging the orange connector

sorry if my desription isnt clear..i dont know the real term for this black and white peice - but its rubber, cant cost more than a couple dollars - they gave it to me - very easy to take in and out if you want to be able to control the exhaust again by sport button or whatever
Old 06-20-2006, 10:25 PM
jhbrennan
Rennlist Member

Received 81 Likes on 73 Posts

theres a black hose in the engine compartment...in the back passenger side - easy to find

unplug it - your porsche dealership should have a vacuum flap to insert - its white on 1 side, black on the other...it has a a small peice of black hose on each end...insert in the open place you just created..white side up(to the left)...
presto - your exhaust is open all the time - slightly louder than normal - sounds amazing...you have no unconnected wires or any chance of a CEL

suncoast showed me how to do this..they recommended against just unplugging the orange connector

sorry if my desription isnt clear..i dont know the real term for this black and white peice - but its rubber, cant cost more than a couple dollars - they gave it to me - very easy to take in and out if you want to be able to control the exhaust again by sport button or whatever
Sounds like it's the "vacuum" method you're describing. I haven't gotten any CEL's using the "electrical" method for 2,500 miles nor have I seen any reports of CEL's. I like the electrical plug alternative since it's so easy to return to stock. The vacuum plug may be a little more time consuming to return to stock. As long as it works for you that's great.
Old 06-21-2006, 08:56 AM
robbonds
Three Wheelin'

it take about 15 seconds
Old 11-25-2006, 08:45 AM
current47
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Is this the black/white vacuum valve??

http://www.napaonline.com/MasterPage...One+Way+Vacuum

Someone suggested to put a BB or allen screw in the in the L valve (the valve under the solenoid connector not to the right where it was mentioned to insert the black/white t-valve) to block the air from going through. This would prevent from any hanging or loose wires in the engine compartment.

Haven't done any mod's yet... Need more data..
Old 11-25-2006, 11:20 AM
robbonds
Three Wheelin'

thats the valve - takes 2 seconds to install..pull apart the black tubing to the right and down a little from the orange plug...
Old 11-25-2006, 12:51 PM
cpadula
Intermediate

i pulled the connector and everything is just fine... keep it simple..

C
Old 12-13-2006, 09:34 AM
Marsellus Wallace
Instructor

Just a quick question-I had PSE retrofitted today without the electrical wiring.Will my PSE cut out at lower speeds or do I need to do a mod??
Old 02-28-2007, 09:54 PM
Sharptt
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by JohnnyBahamas
... Wanna save weight? Drive with a quarter tank of gas... saves 96 lbs. over a full tank.
Good idea, but I'd rather save weight off of the *** of the car. On second thought, why not go with Fabspeed tuned exhaust plus drive with a quarter of tank of gas and save 110 pounds? Or do both and go on a diet of Slimfast and Methadone and save 150 pounds?
Old 03-01-2007, 07:33 AM
larrytrk
Rennlist Member

Received 74 Likes on 49 Posts

Why not let a skinny teanager drive your car and save even more weight!!
Old 03-01-2007, 02:00 PM
mishref
Advanced

I have used the electrical method for well over 10,000miles with no issues (knock on wood). I also have the vaccum disabled since I replaced the intake with one from EVO; that takes makes the PSE even deeper/louder.
Old 03-01-2007, 02:03 PM
cvazquez
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by Marsellus Wallace
Just a quick question-I had PSE retrofitted today without the electrical wiring.Will my PSE cut out at lower speeds or do I need to do a mod??

Without the electrical wiring and direct muffler swap the PSE runs open ALL the time.
Old 03-01-2007, 11:52 PM
erv
Advanced

I've used the electrical method for over 3k miles, no problems.
Old 03-02-2007, 04:21 PM
colonel
Advanced

I have a PSE installed since last June without the switch. I recently noticed a rattle coming from the passenger side exhaust ( I usually run in quiet mode). I took the car to the dealer yesterday, since I didn't install it at the dealer, they wanted to charge me 4 hours to just to drop the BOTH exhaust to inspect the bypasss valve. What a ripe off!!! So I said forget it.

Is there a fix to bypass valve actuator? I'd guess I will just live with the rattle. Or I will just leave it permentally in loud mode.
Old 08-25-2007, 11:04 AM
TD in DC
Race Director

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Is the location of the hose the same if you have the X51 power kit? It is pretty hard to see in the engine compartment with the power kit, or maybe I am not looking in the correct location.

Thanks.

Quick Reply: PSE Moders. Q ?