Notices
996 Forum 1999-2005
Sponsored by:

PSE Modded 3.6 Mufflers - how close in sound to a real PSE?

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-2007, 11:52 PM
CosmosC4S
Three Wheelin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by gota911
Now you're starting to sound like my wife. She tells me the same thing all the time!
Tim, whenever a woman complains of insufficient length,
You jump to defence by blaming it on her butt which is fat and obstructing and taking up some otherwise useful inches.
That usually ends the discussion....OR start a new one...

So say it at your own risk
Old 08-10-2007, 12:18 AM
gota911
Newbies Hospitality Director
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 32 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by CosmosC4S
Tim, whenever a woman complains of insufficient length,
You jump to defence by blaming it on her butt which is fat and obstructing and taking up some otherwise useful inches.
That usually ends the discussion....OR start a new one...

So say it at your own risk
Man, I would NEVER, EVER go down that path! I may not be the brightest bulb in the marquee, but I'm not stupid!
Old 08-10-2007, 10:04 AM
ultramens
Instructor

Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts

yeah i was wondering why the original owner had 3.6L cans in there, that why i wanted to know who you would be able to tell a 3.4L engine from a 3.6L engine....(maybe i have a 3.6L engine in my car???that would be so great!!!) hahah
Old 08-11-2007, 07:18 PM
TheSpeedDemon
Three Wheelin'

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by ultramens
yeah i was wondering why the original owner had 3.6L cans in there, that why i wanted to know who you would be able to tell a 3.4L engine from a 3.6L engine....(maybe i have a 3.6L engine in my car???that would be so great!!!) hahah
If you do have a 3.6L let us know
Old 08-21-2007, 07:55 PM
CosmosC4S
Three Wheelin'

Default Look What Came In Today!

YooHoooo!!! Look what UPS brought me today!
I put it to my ear and I swear I could hear it ROAR!

And yeah, it's for that car on the screen!
I gotta find another exhaust shop though.....
you guys said that shop I went to tried to rip me off at $158 for welding alone.
Old 08-21-2007, 08:52 PM
FisterD
Rennlist Member

Received 43 Likes on 24 Posts

That's the stuff!
Old 08-21-2007, 09:18 PM
CosmosC4S
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by FisterD
That's the stuff!
And THANKS to you, for your guidance!
Old 08-24-2007, 07:33 PM
SHAY2N10
Advanced

Okay guys I finally did it! Thanks to a fellow rennlister I found a PSE for more than double what I paid for my MKII, but hell, I had to do it!

I love the MKII and who ever though of this is a freakin genius! So as I promised Arnie who I bought my stock cans from I will be selling them to another rennlister for the same amount as I paid for everything. So if anyone is interested in shortcutting the system let me know.

I also have an extra mandrel bent bypass pipe that I got just in case from the shop. So I would be willing to sell that also.

If anyone needs either one let me know. If I don't really get a response I am going to try my luck on eBay or something so let me know. I will also post pics of when it was being modded.

By the way, Robin Sun, the creator of the RSR exhaust for carnewal is the person who did the mod for me and he did one hell of an amazing job. It was welded with a TIG welder and a he cut a pretty nice size hole with a plasma cutter. (With all do respect to the modding master FisterD)

Oh yeah! I almost forgot, if you live in the LA area you can come hear it at anytime. It's on my car right now and it sounds pretty good! (It sounds amazing for the money, I'll tell you that much!)
Attached Images        
Old 08-24-2007, 08:14 PM
911pirate
Intermediate

I am very intrested. I have ben looking for a while. Cost ? Are they in good shape?
any resonance? I live in texas on the gulf coast. I will pay for shipping if you are willing. Let me know.
Old 08-24-2007, 08:17 PM
FisterD
Rennlist Member

Received 43 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by SHAY2N10
(With all do respect to the modding master FisterD)
No offense taken. Robin is a great guy that does great work.
that pic looks familiar.
Attached Images  
Old 08-24-2007, 11:14 PM
CosmosC4S
Three Wheelin'

Wow! Those are good quality welds, very clean.

I did mine today, but it was too late when I got them home, past 8pm.
Will have to wait till tomorrow to take some pics and install them on the car, I can't wait!

Long story, I started the day going places to several welders, all 3 places quoted me +/- $200.
WTF??? Is it where I live?? It's not even a city here! So I ended up going back to the guy who originally 'tried to rip me off'.
He's a nice guy btw, with a poor memory, so I asked..."so how much are you charging me? $120?" (He quoted me $158 previously)
He goes, "Well, that's the most I'd charge you...could be less". (I was like, "Dang! I should have asked $100 if I knew!")

So anyway, he was busy all day, and only started on them when he closed shop.
I was there waiting and watching him, he took a whole 2 hours. Finished product is "OK", nothing like Darin's.
I told him, and I asked him to use stainless steel to weld, he said "Yes, it's (*something) alloy".
The weld doesn't look like stainless to me...but I dunno...he probably doesn't have stainless??
Or maybe it was? Anyway, it's all done and over.
Old 08-24-2007, 11:35 PM
prsdoc
Rennlist Member

Shay2N10, I'd like to be second in line behind 911pirate, if you're still looking to unload the MkII modded mufflers. Also located in L.A. so it'd be a quick and painless transaction. And if the mufflers do go, I may be interested in the bent pipe to mod my own.
Old 08-26-2007, 01:28 AM
CosmosC4S
Three Wheelin'

HAH! Got the modded cans back on this afternoon!
I'm working on the before and after video clips now,
when I'm done, I'll post them in a new thread.
Old 08-26-2007, 08:24 PM
BillHi
Advanced

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

So guys, let me see if I understand right, If I take my 2002 996 C2 to a muffler shop, show him these pics, before and after, they should be able to do this in their shop per your outline, no problem right? thanks.
Old 08-26-2007, 08:35 PM
TheSpeedDemon
Three Wheelin'

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by BillHi
So guys, let me see if I understand right, If I take my 2002 996 C2 to a muffler shop, show him these pics, before and after, they should be able to do this in their shop per your outline, no problem right? thanks.
Not necessarily, you want to have it done right.

So you can shop around for a muffler place that has SS stock pipe, and can weld SS and do this mod correctly. Or you can find a muffler place that can do the SS welding and you buy the SS pipe. Or you can get in contact with Darin (FisterD) so that he can mod your existing mufflers. All you need to do is remove them, get them over to Darin (Knightson out by Oakley and Brentwood)), pick them back up, and install them. They are easy to remove and install (see other posts in this thread). Let me know how I can help out.

Quick Reply: PSE Modded 3.6 Mufflers - how close in sound to a real PSE?