Sponsored by:

Facts about PSE mufflers:

Old 01-15-2007, 04:06 PM
cvazquez
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Facts about PSE mufflers:

Facts about PSE mufflers:

-You can order the PSE muffler separate without the on and off switch wiring.

-Straight bolt on will provide open position on the PSE muffler (muffler will be loud ALL the time).

-The PSE muffler ONLY comes with dual exhaust outlets; therefore, you must purchase the dual exhaust tips that come recommended by Porsche.

-Like me if you like the look of the single oval exhaust tips on the non-s model, forget about it, because you CAN NOT USE THE SINGLE TIP ON THE PSE MUFFLER.

-You cannot reuse (non-s or S) your OEM tips on the PSE exhaust outlets.

The above new information contradicts the PSE information on this board. If you know different, please provide us with the information.
Old 01-15-2007, 04:26 PM
DrDrilZ
Racer

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts

i think all this has been common knowledge for some time now, except the part about being able to order the PSE without the electronics and/or tips. are you the one with the group buy? if so what new information do you have about it?
Old 01-15-2007, 04:48 PM
cvazquez
Three Wheelin'

Some information has been common knowledge; however, the part that you cannot reuse your S or Non-S tips is new information. I am a little disappointed because the PSE system arrived today, and it has (2) outlet exhaust on each muffler. I love the single outlet tip on the Non-s model and if I install the PSE mufflers, I must change the single outlet tip to double outlet tips. I purchased the PSE system without the outlet tips because I was under the impression that I could use the single outlet tip. This is not the case... if you want to purchase the PSE muffler; you must also purchase the double outlet tips.

The group buy is still underway but I need to make this clear to everyone because it was a big surprise to me. Now I need to order the double exhaust tips at an extra $390.00 approx.
Old 01-15-2007, 04:54 PM
Edgy01
Poseur
Rennlist Member

Received 228 Likes on 124 Posts

All pretty much old information on this forum.
Old 01-15-2007, 05:07 PM
cvazquez
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by Edgy01
All pretty much old information on this forum.
Okay, I stand corrected. The PSE muffler comes with double exhaust outlets on each muffler and the double exhaust tips must be purchase along with the PSE mufflers. For those that have the single exhaust tips you must convert to double exhaust outlet tips if purchasing the PSE mufflers.
Old 01-15-2007, 05:49 PM
larrytrk
Rennlist Member

Received 74 Likes on 49 Posts

Let's be clear on this again. The PSE kit with wires for sport chrono does NOT include the tips...and you must purchase them additionally, for another $500+?
Old 01-15-2007, 06:07 PM
DrDrilZ
Racer

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by larrytrk
Let's be clear on this again. The PSE kit with wires for sport chrono does NOT include the tips...and you must purchase them additionally, for another $500+?
every pse i have seen for sale has included the electronics and tips. it can be had for about $1800 shipped. cv is saying that you can also buy just the mufflers (no elec or tips) for a price, but he wont say how much.
the part about the pse having a dual outlet is old news and i dont think anyone has any intention of reusing their old tips because the pse typically comes standard with the pse chrome tips.
Old 01-15-2007, 06:33 PM
jnx
Three Wheelin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by cvazquez
Some information has been common knowledge; however, the part that you cannot reuse your S or Non-S tips is new information. I am a little disappointed because the PSE system arrived today, and it has (2) outlet exhaust on each muffler. I love the single outlet tip on the Non-s model and if I install the PSE mufflers, I must change the single outlet tip to double outlet tips. I purchased the PSE system without the outlet tips because I was under the impression that I could use the single outlet tip. This is not the case... if you want to purchase the PSE muffler; you must also purchase the double outlet tips.

The group buy is still underway but I need to make this clear to everyone because it was a big surprise to me. Now I need to order the double exhaust tips at an extra $390.00 approx.

The group buy is still underway, but you already bought yours?........I don't get it.
Old 01-15-2007, 06:35 PM
larrytrk
Rennlist Member

Received 74 Likes on 49 Posts

Originally Posted by DrDrilZ
every pse i have seen for sale has included the electronics and tips. it can be had for about $1800 shipped. cv is saying that you can also buy just the mufflers (no elec or tips) for a price, but he wont say how much.
the part about the pse having a dual outlet is old news and i dont think anyone has any intention of reusing their old tips because the pse typically comes standard with the pse chrome tips.
Thanks, that's what I thought!!
Old 01-15-2007, 08:32 PM
shlbrn
Advanced

I am kind of late on the game, but how do I find out about the group buy on the PSE? I have been quoted $1807 for PSE, no PASM switch installed by local dealer.

Deacon
Old 01-15-2007, 08:49 PM
blkc4sny
Instructor

I'm about to buy a PSE for my 996 C4S, do I need to purchase dual tips or can I use the factory Oval tips I have now?
Old 01-15-2007, 09:36 PM
cvazquez
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by jnx
The group buy is still underway, but you already bought yours?........I don't get it.
Actually, I counted on much more participation in order to go forward with the group PSE buy but the numbers are not worth the effort and the discount will be minimal. Therefore, if someone wants to take it over from here you are welcome to start the group buy.

The information you need is as follows:

Source name: Jeff
Tele# 1-800-346-0182

I purchased two PSE mufflers for $693.90 each with freight a grand total of $1,449.00
The part numbers for the PSE mufflers are 997-111-611-02 and 997-111-612-02 (left and right muffler).

I believe the double exhaust PSE chrome tips are $350.00 but still shopping around.

I hope this helps.
Old 01-15-2007, 09:45 PM
cvazquez
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by DrDrilZ
The information you need is as follows:

Source name: Jeff
Tele# 1-800-346-0182

I purchased two PSE mufflers for $693.90 each with freight a grand total of $1,449.00
The part numbers for the PSE mufflers are 997-111-611-02 and 997-111-612-02 (left and right muffler).

I believe the double exhaust PSE chrome tips are $350.00 but still shopping around.

I hope this helps.
Old 01-15-2007, 10:50 PM
mdrums
Race Director

Received 179 Likes on 126 Posts

You forgot that PSE is much heavier than stock muflers and over twice the weight than Fab, AWE, Tubi...now that really sucks!
Old 01-16-2007, 12:03 AM
BWELZ
Track Day

Default Facts about PSE mufflers:

Would be great if there was a lighter weight product out there that would offer sound and performance enhancements that was compatible with the electronics in the same fashion as PSE.

Last edited by BWELZ; 01-16-2007 at 12:06 AM. Reason: font was too bold and as such was difficult to read.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Facts about PSE mufflers: