Sponsored by:

My 2008 CTT

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-2007, 08:42 PM
BD997
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My 2008 CTT

Just some pics I snapped last weekend.... enjoy.
Mods in pic...
-Tint
-V1 Hardwired
-Vanity plate
-->Mods that I recently did this week... no pics yet.
-Clear Markers
-Lowering links (www.adjustableairride.com)
--->Mods to come...
-23" Rinspeeds (on order)
-Paint front and lower bumper areas to match and install sport design rockers
Attached Images       
Old 05-19-2007, 08:48 PM
tommytomaso
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

nice cant wait to see it with all the mods. Lucky man you are.
Old 05-19-2007, 09:58 PM
charlieXS
Pro

those black plastic body moldings are SCREAMING to be painted
Old 05-20-2007, 12:17 AM
Sharptt
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Looks super in white.
Old 05-20-2007, 01:02 AM
GT3 Nut
Rennlist Member

Received 172 Likes on 83 Posts

Why did you spend an extra $4k for the 21" wheels if you are planning on replacing them anyway?
Old 05-20-2007, 01:46 AM
charlieXS
Pro

Originally Posted by GT3 Nut
Why did you spend an extra $4k for the 21" wheels if you are planning on replacing them anyway?
He got the extended wheel moldings... plus he can prob get $3-4k for the 21's...
Old 05-20-2007, 01:02 PM
BD997
Racer

Originally Posted by GT3 Nut
20" wheels cost 1k less and you dont get the arc extension kit which I would want... the arc extension kit cost 1100 if you purchase after plus paint and intall... so 4200 for 21's and arc extensions painted and intalled is worth it
Old 05-20-2007, 01:03 PM
BD997
Racer

Originally Posted by charlieXS
those black plastic body moldings are SCREAMING to be painted
this week they are coming off to be painted... they come right off (bolted on from below)
Old 05-20-2007, 01:04 PM
BD997
Racer

thanks for the kind words guys....
Old 05-20-2007, 02:08 PM
charlieXS
Pro

And don't forget the post- break in road test and review for us

I can't wait to hear how the new drivetrain and PDCC feels at the limit.
Old 05-20-2007, 02:31 PM
Carrera GT
Wordsmith
Rennlist Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Excellent choice. For some reason the Turbo looks better than the S in white. Although I'd prefer a more "white" white like Carrara. Still, looks very good.

When getting the additional pieces painted, you might get all the plastic removed and add extra clear coat then, once it's cured, put on the 3M. Of course, plastic on white can be a bit obvious to the eye.

I have the Sport Design kit and it takes a lot of stone chips. It's not exactly in plain view, but it's there. So the 3M is a great paint saver especially across the nose (bumper cover) and around the wheel arches.

I think a silver crest looks good on white too. I've seen the script removed from the rear hatch and replaced with a normal hood/bonnet sized silver badge and it looks "right" ... arguably better than the alphabet soup of the whole model name, especially when it's with the big suffixal "S."

A stone guard behind the plastic grill helps to keep stone chips from taking all the black paint off the radiator (which is a pain to touch up.)
Old 05-20-2007, 02:36 PM
Carrera GT
Wordsmith
Rennlist Member

Also, if you could snap a pic of the lowering links in place, that would be interesting -- this is something I was considering for my car when I get it aligned next.
Old 05-20-2007, 07:09 PM
BD997
Racer

Originally Posted by Carrera GT
Excellent choice. For some reason the Turbo looks better than the S in white. Although I'd prefer a more "white" white like Carrara. Still, looks very good.

When getting the additional pieces painted, you might get all the plastic removed and add extra clear coat then, once it's cured, put on the 3M. Of course, plastic on white can be a bit obvious to the eye.

I have the Sport Design kit and it takes a lot of stone chips. It's not exactly in plain view, but it's there. So the 3M is a great paint saver especially across the nose (bumper cover) and around the wheel arches.

I think a silver crest looks good on white too. I've seen the script removed from the rear hatch and replaced with a normal hood/bonnet sized silver badge and it looks "right" ... arguably better than the alphabet soup of the whole model name, especially when it's with the big suffixal "S."

A stone guard behind the plastic grill helps to keep stone chips from taking all the black paint off the radiator (which is a pain to touch up.)
I had 3M across the bumper and just removed it... on a white car you see the outline from dirt building up along the entire strip... better on a darker colored cars. I am although going to 3M the bottom part of the front and rear bumper as it wont be as visible.
Old 05-20-2007, 08:05 PM
Carrera GT
Wordsmith
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by BD997
I had 3M across the bumper and just removed it... on a white car you see the outline from dirt building up along the entire strip... better on a darker colored cars. I am although going to 3M the bottom part of the front and rear bumper as it wont be as visible.
White is a challenge for the plastic films, but some have less "yellow" than others. As for the dirt strip, a microfibre cloth and some patient detailing is enough to remove the visual cue. If you get the installer to "chamfer" the edge -- with a sort of letter opener tool -- it is less of a problem, but it will always be there, especially for people with an eye for detail. Simple things like removing the lights and indicator lenses goes a long way to removing the visual cues (by having the plastic extend all the way behind each fixture or fitting and pulling the hood badge then reaffixing it over the top etc. I prefer to just leave the hood and fenders to take a few stone chips and generally drive to avoid chips by not following behind another vehicle etc.

I've had three white 911's (RSA, 996 GT3, 997 GT3) and in each case chose against plastic in favor of seeing the paint and I'm less concerned by a stone chip and much, much more interested in the paint finish. Sometimes I think we all get hung up on resale value and "condition" instead of enjoying the car and maybe reconditioning any problems along the way. I know I have a senseless habit of letting things accumulate then making the car (or house or boat) perfect just in time to sell it instead of enjoying it in 100% condition all the time I own it. I've tried to get into the habit of healing the various bumps and bruises along the way instead of leaving it go. Proof: I just bought new floor mats! (a breakthrough!)

Well, good luck with the car, I look forward to your next installment and I hope you can take a snap of those lowering links, thanks.
Old 05-20-2007, 09:38 PM
rome
Rennlist Member

Great looking ride. I am in your neck of the woods and that white CTT can't be missed. I'll be sure to give you a wave when I see you.

Quick Reply: My 2008 CTT