911 Turbo (930) Forum 1975-1989

FS 1989 930 M505 factory slant reasonable offers

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-2007, 04:01 AM
bernocco930S
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default FS 1989 930 M505 factory slant reasonable offers

Hey, I have had this car awhile now and really need to sell it. It is a real M505 car showing 12,500 miles and it is stunning. I am not going to post endless pix because the car is for real and most of you know what it is. So I will just hit the down side:
* original guards red repainted candy red
* only seven service records because of low mileage
* stock exhaust replaced
* stock steering wheel replaced
* stock radio replaced
* has a small amount of rust on each side under the windshield at the edges (maybe an inch or so)

** otherwise the car is box stock (even the spring) runs like a top and looks incredible

** if you think you can live with the fact that it has been repainted (please no grief over this) you can buy this very solid limited production (28 turbo slant coupes in 89) car at a very reasonable price. If you are an interested principle I would like to speak with you. Please PM and I will give you a call. Make me an offer. eric
Attached Images    

Last edited by bernocco930S; 07-06-2007 at 01:41 AM.
Old 06-05-2007, 02:54 AM
bernocco930S
Racer

FYI, this car can be seen this weekend (10th) at the CLU car show in Thousand Oaks. Conejo Valley Car Classic

The next Sunday (18th) it will be seen at the Rodeo Drive car show in Beverly Hills. Cars of California
Old 06-05-2007, 05:17 PM
911rudy
Addict
Rennlist Member

I can't believe that you haven't found a buyer for that beauty yet. You did mention two things that would concern me if I was looking for a slant. One is the salvage title and the other is the two rust areas. You can't do much with the title but you can get the rust spots fixed. Most of us who have worked with small rust spots soon discover that they are like the tips of an iceberg and can go from local surface repair to metal work and rusted metal removal. I believe you said that you were a dealer so you should have access to a good body shop. To me if the car were flawless and had a salvage title I might make you a lower than non-salvage title offer. This is pretty common for salvage title cars that I have seen on ebay. I think some states are harder to process salvage title than others and if all else is equal then the salvage car has to be worth less. Maybe you could make it your company logo and write the damn thing off! Good luck.
Old 06-06-2007, 02:43 AM
bernocco930S
Racer

[QUOTE=911rudy] To me if the car were flawless

911Rudy, I am surprised also. When I say I am a dealer - yes - but we have a CA DMV dealers license to sell race car trailers and not cars. This is one of my personal cars.

I have the car with a broker as we speak www.automotivelegends.com inventory/porsche but if I sell the car first to someone that has NOT contacted them all I have to pay them is a marketing fee which will save me a ton of money. Someone will pick this great car up at a super price. Hell look at Shelbys, you cannot touch even a wreck with proper VIN for under $75K. Someday when these cars catch on there will be a whole bunch of guys on this board kickin the snot out of each other because they passsed up a great price on a real slant. Everyone agrees that the cars are rare and with my cert of auth I am confirmed that this is one of only 28 manufactured to make it really rare.

Thanks for your post,
eric

Your AutoCheck Vehicle History Report

The vehicle identification number you submitted has been analyzed and summary information on your car is shown below.

Report Run Date: 10/15/2006
Vehicle Description: WP0JB0931KS050473
TitleCheck: No Record Reported to AutoCheck
Problem Check: No Record Reported to AutoCheck
Odometer Check: Record(s) Reported to AutoCheck
Vehicle Information: Record(s) Reported to AutoCheck
Full History: Record(s) Reported to AutoCheck

Vehicle Description | TitleCheck | ProblemCheck | OdometerCheck | Vehicle Information | Full History

VIN: WP0JB0931KS050473
Year: 1989
Make: Porsche
Model: 911
Style/Body: 2 Door Coupe
Engine: 3.2L H-6 MPI
Country of Assembly: Germany

Vehicle Description | TitleCheck | ProblemCheck | OdometerCheck | Vehicle Information | Full History

Your Vehicle Checks Out! AutoCheck's database for this 1989 Porsche 911 (WP0JB0931KS050473) show no significant Title events. When found, events often indicate past automotive damage or warnings associated with the vehicle title.

Problems Checked Results Found
Abandoned No Abandoned Record Reported to AutoCheck
Damaged No Damaged Record Reported to AutoCheck
Fire Damage No Fire Damage Record Reported to AutoCheck
Grey Market No Grey Market Record Reported to AutoCheck
Hail Damage No Hail Damage Record Reported to AutoCheck
Insurance Loss No Insurance Loss Record Reported to AutoCheck
Junk No Junk Record Reported to AutoCheck
Rebuilt/Rebuildable No Rebuilt/Rebuildable Record Reported to AutoCheck
Salvage No Salvage Record Reported to AutoCheck

Your Vehicle Checks Out! AutoCheck's database for this 1989 Porsche 911 (WP0JB0931KS050473) shows no historical events that indicate a significant automotive problem. These problems can indicate previous car damage, theft, or other significant problem.

NHTSA Crash Test Vehicle No NHTSA Crash Test Record Reported to AutoCheck
Frame Damage No Frame Damage Record Reported to AutoCheck
Major Damage Incident No Major Damage Record Reported to AutoCheck
Manufacturer Buyback/Lemon No Manufacturer Buyback/Lemon Record Reported to AutoCheck
Odometer Problem No Odometer Problem Record Reported to AutoCheck
Recycled No Recycled Record Reported to AutoCheck
Salvage Auction No Salvage Auction Record Reported to AutoCheck
Water Damage No Water Damage Record Reported to AutoCheck

Your Vehicle Checks Out! For this 1989 Porsche 911 (WP0JB0931KS050473) no indication of an odometer rollback or tampering was found. We calculate odometer rollbacks by using AutoCheck business rules to determine reported odometer readings are less than a previously reported value. Other odometer events can report events of tampering, or possible odometer breakage. AutoCheck's business rules have been created and refined to help identify potential rollbacks from the reported odometer readings. Not all odometer readings are used to determine rollbacks.

Report Date: 10/15/2006
Date Reported Odometer Reading
07/21/1997 4,389
02/06/2006 9,696
02/14/2006 9,825

Information Found! AutoCheck found additional information on this vehicle. These records will provide you with more past history for this 1989 Porsche 911 (WP0JB0931KS050473).

Accident Data No Accidents Reported Through State Agencies Or Independent Sources
Corrected Title No Corrected Title Record Reported to AutoCheck
Driver Education No Driver Education Record Reported to AutoCheck
Duplicate Title No Duplicate Title Record Reported to AutoCheck
Emission/Safety Inspection Emission/Safety Inspection Record(s) Reported to AutoCheck
Fire Damage Incident No Fire Damage Incident Record Reported to AutoCheck
Lease No Lease Record Reported to AutoCheck
Lien No Lien Record Reported to AutoCheck
Livery Use No Livery Use Record Reported to AutoCheck
Government Use No Government Use Record Reported to AutoCheck
Police Use No Police Use Record Reported to AutoCheck
Fleet No Fleet Record Reported to AutoCheck
Fleet and/or Rental No Fleet and/or Rental Record Reported to AutoCheck
Rental No Rental Record Reported to AutoCheck
Fleet and/or Lease No Fleet and/or Lease Record Reported to AutoCheck
Repossessed No Repossessed Record Reported to AutoCheck
Storm Area Registration/Title No Storm Area Registration/Title Indicated
Taxi Use No Taxi Use Record Reported to AutoCheck
Theft No Theft Record Reported to AutoCheck

Below are the historical events for this vehicle listed in chronological order. Any discrepancies will be in bold text.

Report Run Date: 10/15/2006
VIN: WP0JB0931KS050473 1989 Porsche 911

Event Date Event Location Odometer Reading Data Source Event Detail
07/21/1997 POMPANO BEACH, FL 4,389 Motor Vehicle Dept. TITLE (Title #:72104654)
07/21/1997 POMPANO BEACH, FL Motor Vehicle Dept. TITLE (Title #:0072104654)
07/21/1997 POMPANO BEACH, FL Motor Vehicle Dept. REGISTRATION EVENT/RENEWAL
07/21/1997 POMPANO BEACH, FL Motor Vehicle Dept. EMISSION INSPECTION
07/25/1997 FL Motor Vehicle Dept. PASSED EMISSION INSPECTION
09/30/1997 POMPANO BEACH, FL Motor Vehicle Dept. REGISTRATION EVENT/RENEWAL
08/15/2001 POMPANO BEACH, FL Motor Vehicle Dept. REGISTRATION EVENT/RENEWAL
08/26/2002 POMPANO BEACH, FL Motor Vehicle Dept. REGISTRATION EVENT/RENEWAL
08/18/2003 POMPANO BEACH, FL Motor Vehicle Dept. REGISTRATION EVENT/RENEWAL
07/22/2004 POMPANO BEACH, FL Motor Vehicle Dept. REGISTRATION EVENT/RENEWAL
08/15/2005 POMPANO BEACH, FL Motor Vehicle Dept. REGISTRATION EVENT/RENEWAL
02/06/2006 CA 9,696 Motor Vehicle Dept. ODOMETER READING FROM DMV
02/14/2006 CA 9,825 State Agency PASSED EMISSION INSPECTION
02/15/2006 THOUSAND OAKS, CA Motor Vehicle Dept. REGISTRATION EVENT/RENEWAL
02/26/2006 THOUSAND OAKS, CA Motor Vehicle Dept. TITLE

About AutoCheck
AutoCheck Vehicle History Reports by Experian Automotive is the leading vehicle history reporting intelligence provider. With expert data handling, the Experian Automotive database houses over 3 billion records for nearly 500 million vehicles. Every AutoCheck vehicle history report will give you confidence when buying or selling your next used vehicle, with superior customer service every step of the way.

AutoCheck.com Vehicle History Reports Terms and Conditions
AutoCheck Vehicle History Reports ("Reports") purchased on the AutoCheck consumer site (www.autocheck.com), either directly or through affiliates, are intended for personal use only, and not for commercial use. "Commercial use" is defined as use by persons engaged in the business of buying and/or selling of automobiles, the resale or redistribution of the Reports, or any other business purpose. Without limiting the foregoing definition, personal use of the service is defined to not ordinarily exceed 25 reports during any 60-day period from the date of purchase. ANY COMMERCIAL USE OF THE AUTOCHECK VEHICLE HISTORY REPORTS PURCHASED ON THE AUTOCHECK CONSUMER SITE IS STRICTLY PROHIBITED AND ANY SUSPECTED COMMERCIAL USE WILL LEAD TO THE DEACTIVATION OF YOUR ACCOUNT AND MAY RESULT IN LEGAL PROSECUTION. WE RESERVE THE RIGHT TO IMPOSE, AND YOU AGREE TO PAY TO EXPERIAN, AN ADDITIONAL CHARGE OF $19.99 FOR EACH AUTOCHECK VEHICLE HISTORY REPORT THAT EXPERIAN DEEMS WAS ACCESSED FOR COMMERCIAL PURPOSES. COMMERCIAL USERS OF THE AUTOCHECK CONSUMER SITE AND THEIR TRANSFEREES ARE NOT ELIGIBLE FOR AND WILL NOT BE COVERED BY AUTOCHECK BUYBACK PROTECTION. AutoCheck offers a commercial service at www.autocheckmembers.com.

Notice for Consumers: You will not be eligible for, nor covered by, AutoCheck Buyback Protection if you obtained a Report from a dealer who obtained it from the AutoCheck consumer web site.

Experian's Reports are compiled from multiple sources. It is not always possible for Experian to obtain complete discrepancy information on all vehicles; therefore, there may be other title brands, odometer readings or discrepancies that apply to a vehicle that are not reflected on that vehicle's report. Experian searches data from additional sources where possible, but all discrepancies may not be reflected on the Report.

These reports are based on information supplied to Experian by external sources believed to be reliable, BUT NO RESPONSIBILITY IS ASSUMED BY EXPERIAN OR ITS AGENTS FOR ERRORS, INACCURACIES OR OMISSIONS. THE REPORTS ARE PROVIDED STRICTLY ON AN "AS IS WHERE IS" BASIS, AND EXPERIAN FURTHER EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING ANY IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE REGARDING THIS REPORT. *

YOU AGREE TO INDEMNIFY EXPERIAN FOR ANY CLAIMS OR LOSSES, INCLUDING COSTS, EXPENSES AND ATTORNEY FEES, INCURRED BY EXPERIAN ARISING DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY FROM YOUR IMPROPER OR UNAUTHORIZED USE OF AUTOCHECK VEHICLE HISTORY REPORTS.

Experian shall not be liable for any delay or failure to provide an accurate Report if and to the extent which such delay or failure is caused by events beyond the reasonable control of Experian, including, without limitation, "acts of God", terrorism, or public enemies, labor disputes, equipment malfunctions, material or component shortages, supplier failures, embargoes, rationing, acts of local, state or national governments, or public agencies, utility or communication failures or delays, fire, earthquakes, flood, epidemics, riots and strikes.

The general used car buying information is a free service offered by Experian to the used car buying public. EXPERIAN DOES NOT ACCEPT ANY RESPONSIBILITY FOR ANY INJURY OR DAMAGE THAT YOU MAY CAUSE TO YOURSELF, OTHERS, OR PROPERTY WHEN FOLLOWING THE ADVICE GIVEN ON THIS SITE. Experian has no control over how you may use the information you get from the site and does not attest to the validity of any information found herein, nor does it guarantee any results. Use advice found on our site at your own risk. If you find something on the site that you disagree with, or have any suggestions to improve our site, feel free to contact customersupport@experian.com.

These terms and the relationship between you and Experian shall be governed by the laws of the State of Illinois (USA) without regard to its conflict of law provisions. You and Experian agree to submit to the personal and exclusive jurisdiction of the courts located within the county of Cook, Illinois.

* Except where "AutoCheck Buyback Protection" is issued and, in such case, these terms and conditions are modified only to the extent inconsistent with the express terms of the "AutoCheck Buyback Protection".

AutoCheck Buyback Protection terms and conditions for VIN: WP0JB0931KS050473

Buyback Protection

Subject to the following, Experian agrees to pay the Customer the Customer's purchase price of the Vehicle if:
A. the AutoCheck Vehicle History Report was provided prior to the purchase of the Vehicle and on or after June 27, 2005; and
B. the AutoCheck Vehicle History Report reflects no Branded Titles as part of the Vehicle Title history (i.e. the vehicle was "AutoCheck Assured"), but a Branded Title actually exists.

DEFINITIONS
1a. Branded Title- is a vehicle ownership or registration document issued by any of the 50 states of the U.S. (or the District of Columbia), issued with words or symbols signifying that the vehicle was: junked or salvaged; dismantled, rebuilt or reconstructed; flood damaged; fire damaged; hail damaged; bought back by its manufacturer ("Lemon Law" vehicle); odometer exceeds mechanical limits; odometer was not actual mileage; or which was issued with any other symbol or word signifying a substantially similar brand.
1b. Excluded Brands- Specifically excluded from the definition of Branded Title are: ownership and registration documents originally issued without a brand but later stamped with a brand without being reissued; salvage titles issued due to theft; damage disclosure documents; and Branded Titles issued in error and later corrected. Other information that may reflect negatively on the vehicle, including but not limited to accident information, is excluded from AutoCheck Buyback Protection unless expressly covered by the definition of "Branded Title".
2. Consumer- the person (other than a Dealer or Transferee) who ordered and paid for the Report prior to their purchase of the Vehicle.
3. Customer- a Consumer, or any licensed automobile dealer ("Dealer") who ordered and paid for the Report through an AutoCheck Commercial Service ("Commercial Service" is any site geared solely for dealers or other commercial users, such as AutoCheckmembers.com, either accessed directly or through a partner, and AutoCheck Express) or the Transferee of any such Dealer.
4. Report/AutoCheck Report- AutoCheck Vehicle History Report.
5. Transferee- the purchaser of the Vehicle from the Dealer.
6. Vehicle- the passenger vehicle or light truck to which the Report relates.

TERMS AND CONDITIONS
1. The Customer must have previously purchased the Vehicle and own the Vehicle at the time the claim is made. If the Vehicle is subject to a lien in an unpaid amount greater than the amount identified in item 8, this Protection only applies if the Customer pays Experian the difference.
2. The Customer must complete and submit to Experian an executed claim form and provide a complete copy of the Report. Any Dealer Customer must have obtained the Report through an AutoCheck Commercial Service prior to the purchase of the Vehicle.
3. The Customer must provide to Experian proof of ownership of the Vehicle in the form of the original bill of sale and a current vehicle ownership document issued to the Customer by the motor vehicle agency of one of the 50 states of the United States or the District of Columbia.
4. The Customer must provide to Experian a copy of the front and back of the Branded Title, certified by the issuing state authority. The Branded Title must have been issued at least sixty (60) days prior to the date the Report was run.
5. The Customer must deliver to Experian all ownership and registration documentation including, the certificate of title and certificate of registration, properly assigned by the Customer to Experian so Experian becomes the owner of the Vehicle.
6. If, prior to purchasing the Vehicle, the Customer knew, or had evidence, of the existence of a Branded Title for the Vehicle, the Protection does not apply.
7. Experian will pay a maximum of the purchase price of the Vehicle paid by the Customer (plus warranties and other additional purchases such as installed aftermarket accessories, not exceeding a total of $500).
8. If the purchase price of the Vehicle in item 7 exceeds the NADA Used Car Guides used vehicle retail value at the time of the sale, Experian will pay no more than ten percent (10%) over the NADA Used Car Guides used vehicle retail value at the time the Customer purchased the Vehicle.
9. The Buyback Protection will apply only if the Vehicle was manufactured in model year 1981 or later. 10. The Buyback Protection will expire the earlier of (a) the date the Customer sells the Vehicle or (b) one (1) year after the date of the first Report run by or for the Customer relating to the Vehicle.
11. This Buyback Protection is deemed assigned to the Transferee upon the sale of the Vehicle, provided that a copy of the Report is given to the Transferee and the Transferee registers in accordance with item 12.
12. In order for this Buyback Protection to be in effect for Transferees or Consumers, they must register with Experian within ninety (90) days of the date they purchased the Vehicle. Registration may be made online at www.autocheck.com/protection or by writing Experian for a registration form and submitting the same to Experian. The registration form must be completed and submitted to: Buyback Protection C/O Experian Automotive, 955 American Lane, Schaumburg, IL 60173.
13. Claims can be submitted to: Buyback Protection C/O Experian Automotive, 955 American Lane, Schaumburg, IL 60173. Please include name, address, telephone number, email address, the Vehicle Identification Number (VIN) of the Vehicle and a copy of the original report. Claim forms can be obtained online at www.autocheck.com/protection or by writing to Experian at the address above.
14. Experian reserves the right to cancel the Buyback Protection program at anytime, but pledges to honor all current and future Buyback Protection claims as long as they meet all of the Buyback Protection terms and conditions stated herein and the Report was run prior to Buyback Protection program cancellation.
15. Dealer Customers must use an AutoCheck Commercial Service in order for their transferees to be eligible for Buyback Protection. Because Dealer Customers are prohibited from using the AutoCheck Consumer Web site, they are not eligible for Buyback Protection if they purchase from a Consumer Web site, and their subsequent Transferees are not covered by Buyback Protection in such instance.
16. The Buyback Protection will be governed by the laws of, and Customer consents to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of, the State of Illinois, United States of America.

(R) 2006 Experian Automotive.
All Rights Reserved.

Last edited by bernocco930S; 07-06-2007 at 01:45 AM.
Old 06-06-2007, 04:05 AM
Chuck Jones
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Wow....you got your money's worth out of that ad didn't you? I've seen your car for sale in quite a few forums....maybe if you priced it so that someone just couldn't pass it up you'd sell it....because it's obvious that folks are passing on it.

Whereas I realize you can't put a price on fun....there's only so much folks are willing to pay for "fun". At some point, you've got to do a reality check.
Old 06-06-2007, 01:55 PM
UDPride
Thinking outside da' bun...
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 470 Likes on 242 Posts

did they do away with the 930S consoles in 89 with the new tranny?
Old 06-06-2007, 02:00 PM
JFairman
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rust in the lower corners of the windsheild really sucks

That is an expensive repair to fix it right, and you may not see or find all the rust...
The windsheild has to come out, then the rust gets cut or ground out and new metal welded in.
Then the entire cowl in front of the windsheild gets prepped and painted which means the hood has to come off so paint can smoothly get down around the air vent and the fenders have to be removed or loosened enough to remove the rubber seals and make enough clearence so paint can get smoothly into the seam.

With that candy apple paint job, it will be lots of fun to get a good match.

Good chance that car probably lived outside for a while....
Old 06-07-2007, 05:33 AM
morganb
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by JFairman
That is an expensive repair to fix it right, and you may not see or find all the rust...
The windsheild has to come out, then the rust gets cut or ground out and new metal welded in.
Then the entire cowl in front of the windsheild gets prepped and painted which means the hood has to come off so paint can smoothly get down around the air vent and the fenders have to be removed or loosened enough to remove the rubber seals and make enough clearence so paint can get smoothly into the seam.
Had rust in the same place with mine (3.2) about 3 to 4 years ago. Was not expensive to fix and attacked it as soon as it was noticed so it was not as bad as if left like that a long time. Maybe could be not difficult bad or expensive but I am sure it will make people nervous. You may want to fix first with pictures to show it was done and all rust got out.

Good luck with the sale.
Old 06-08-2007, 02:04 AM
bernocco930S
Racer

morganb, Thanks for the comments. I agree with you about the fix and that it should be fixed. However, for now it does not seem to be very bad and is not real obvious either. Do have to point it out to be honest with potential buyers and yes it makes them nervous. I am going to leave it up to the next buyer for one very simple reason. Upon repair, they may want to return the car back to the original factory color of Guards Red. I understand that MOST factory M505 cars were WHITE and therefore a new buyer might want to make that change back to red. It would be a waste for me to have spent mega bucks to repaint in candy if that is the case.

Thanks agian for your case history and suggestions.

Please remember that the car will be at the Conejo Valley Car Classic car show in Thousand Oaks this Sunday at CLU.
and
at the Rodeo Drive Concours d'Elegance in Beverly Hills on Sunday the 18th of June.

Come check out the car yourself so you can help explain to others what you see.

Thanks,
eric
eric
Old 06-08-2007, 10:44 AM
911rudy
Addict
Rennlist Member

Eric,
I have to hand it to you for using real logic concerning the rust repair. That makes a lot of sense to me. The only thing left for you to do is to decide how much to allow for the work needed in a worse case seneario. And you are right about the next guy probably wanting to change the color after the work is done. Maybe that will get the ball rolling for you.
Old 06-08-2007, 08:10 PM
bernocco930S
Racer

Thanks again 911Rudy. In fact today a guy contacted me that has already seen the car and the color change is exactly what we talked about. How much do you think I should allow for the repair and a reasonable number to contribute to the repaint (I don't think I should have to pay for the entire job since it is his choice to change color) Thanks again, eric
Old 06-08-2007, 09:08 PM
911rudy
Addict
Rennlist Member

As anyone of will tell you there are paint jobs and then there are paint jobs. If the guy is going to respray the inside and the out side and not do any of the work himself, I would say it will be about $10,000 here in Atlanta. But if he is willing to strip off all of the rubber and removeable parts and strip the interior, he could probably save $3,500 to $4,000. The people I have talked to told me the dismantling and re-assembling was the most labor intensive part because the guys have to know the car and how it goes together. And lets face it, most painters are not mechanics. So find out how he is going to do it and work from there. Good luck.
Old 06-09-2007, 02:34 AM
bernocco930S
Racer

FYI, the interior under the carpets and the inside trunk and engine are still Guards Red. Only the jams are candy. I think the job could be done without really having to paint the floor boards. Went for dinner tonight in the car and WOW what a rush. Driving that car around really makes people look. I am thinking they like it and are not saying "hey, look at that idiot who painted his car candy apple red" in fact a neighbor who owns a 996TT came by and said he had never seen the car up close before and that he really loved the paint work. Most people that actually see the car have very nice things to say about it.
Old 07-01-2007, 03:16 AM
bernocco930S
Racer

SOLD!
Old 07-01-2007, 12:17 PM
911rudy
Addict
Rennlist Member

Congratulations!!!!

Quick Reply: FS 1989 930 M505 factory slant reasonable offers