Folding bucket seats?

Search this Thread

Old 09-23-2007, 03:16 PM
DRIVEN1
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Folding bucket seats?

Hello everyone,
I just want to say you have a great board here. Been lurking for years since I have been dreaming of buying a 993 and then a 996 turbo. I am almost ready to buy my first Porsche and lucky for me the 997 is out. I was over at my local dealer last week and got my book and had a question. The book shows a Folding bucket seat that will be available in November. Has anyone seen this seat in person or have a better picture of it? Thought maybe it is all ready out in Europe. I am trying to spec the car out now so I will probably have lots of questions since there are allot of options. I am either going to go with Artic Silver or Carrara White. Thanks Mike
Old 09-25-2007, 11:18 AM
mdrums
Race Director

Received 179 Likes on 126 Posts

Originally Posted by DRIVEN1
Hello everyone,
I just want to say you have a great board here. Been lurking for years since I have been dreaming of buying a 993 and then a 996 turbo. I am almost ready to buy my first Porsche and lucky for me the 997 is out. I was over at my local dealer last week and got my book and had a question. The book shows a Folding bucket seat that will be available in November. Has anyone seen this seat in person or have a better picture of it? Thought maybe it is all ready out in Europe. I am trying to spec the car out now so I will probably have lots of questions since there are allot of options. I am either going to go with Artic Silver or Carrara White. Thanks Mike
Hey Neighbor, I see you found this great place too...Rennlist is why I'm not on OSO much anymore. Can't answer you folding seat question. So you are getting a 997 Turbo! They look best in white! What dealer are you dealing with? I had an excellent deal with Henry Rivera over at Reeves and also Dave Wilson at Suncoast has excellent deals too...these seem to be the best dealers in our area for sales service and pricing. Stop over some time...I just got track wheels and the bug has hit me!
Old 09-25-2007, 12:36 PM
PowerTechParts
Addict
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

They are the GT2 Seat. Go to Porsche.com and take a look at the GT2's. You will see the seat. It looks awesome.
Old 09-25-2007, 05:52 PM
DRIVEN1
Track Day

WOW!
If that is the seat I know what option I will be picking. Thanks for the help
Old 09-25-2007, 05:57 PM
DRIVEN1
Track Day

Originally Posted by mdrums
Hey Neighbor, I see you found this great place too...Rennlist is why I'm not on OSO much anymore. Can't answer you folding seat question. So you are getting a 997 Turbo! They look best in white! What dealer are you dealing with? I had an excellent deal with Henry Rivera over at Reeves and also Dave Wilson at Suncoast has excellent deals too...these seem to be the best dealers in our area for sales service and pricing. Stop over some time...I just got track wheels and the bug has hit me!
I have bought 2 cars from Reeves in the past, so I will probably end up buying from them. What track wheels and tires did you end up buying? I miss Sebring big time, it has been 6 years since I have been on the track. Sounds like you are going to have to start trailering your car there soon. When I get back to the track I will bring home a big trailer so we can take the cars over there ready to go. When I used to go I would get there way early and change out my tires, rotors and pads. That part was fun but at the end of the day when you are tired it sucks having to put it back together for the road. One day..
Old 09-25-2007, 11:58 PM
mdrums
Race Director

Received 179 Likes on 126 Posts

Originally Posted by DRIVEN1
I have bought 2 cars from Reeves in the past, so I will probably end up buying from them. What track wheels and tires did you end up buying? I miss Sebring big time, it has been 6 years since I have been on the track. Sounds like you are going to have to start trailering your car there soon. When I get back to the track I will bring home a big trailer so we can take the cars over there ready to go. When I used to go I would get there way early and change out my tires, rotors and pads. That part was fun but at the end of the day when you are tired it sucks having to put it back together for the road. One day..
I bought some CCW C14 race wheels 18x9 front and 18x12 rear with Toyo R-compund RA1's. I went solo with PCA back in June and am totally loving it. I went to instructor day and am doing the school next year to be a PCA instructor someday. I plan on a few more track days by Christmas then take a break till spring. Yes a trailer would be super cool especially when my tires start turning into slicks like the r-comps do. Stop over some time and check them out.

I can't say enough good things about Henry Rivera over at Reeves Porsche. He is really good and easy to deal with...no games or BS and is really into and knows his product.

Stop over this weekend!

see ya, Mike
Old 09-26-2007, 03:07 AM
whyb2nd
Burning Brakes

interesting....XXX????++++
Old 09-26-2007, 11:40 AM
DRIVEN1
Track Day

Originally Posted by mdrums
I bought some CCW C14 race wheels 18x9 front and 18x12 rear with Toyo R-compund RA1's. I went solo with PCA back in June and am totally loving it. I went to instructor day and am doing the school next year to be a PCA instructor someday. I plan on a few more track days by Christmas then take a break till spring. Yes a trailer would be super cool especially when my tires start turning into slicks like the r-comps do. Stop over some time and check them out.

I can't say enough good things about Henry Rivera over at Reeves Porsche. He is really good and easy to deal with...no games or BS and is really into and knows his product.

Stop over this weekend!

see ya, Mike
I will stop bye this weekend and check them out. Mike
Old 09-27-2007, 05:51 AM
Alcyon
Intermediate

Attached Images  
Old 09-27-2007, 12:12 PM
RAKLAW
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Great looking seat, though a bit more for the GT set. It is in the new turbo brouchure that includes the Cab. I wonder if it is available with seat heater option. If not, the seat is more suited for GT use than top down fall weather mornings.
Old 09-27-2007, 01:00 PM
DRIVEN1
Track Day

Originally Posted by Alcyon
Thanks for the picture, they look very nice. Do you have a picture from the front? Are they alcantara and leather? I think they will compliment the carbon fiber that I will order the car with.Thanks
Old 09-27-2007, 04:53 PM
Alcyon
Intermediate

Hi, I´m waiting for my TT , only to get it with these seats...
Attached Images  
Old 09-27-2007, 08:23 PM
DRIVEN1
Track Day

Originally Posted by Alcyon
Hi, I´m waiting for my TT , only to get it with these seats...
Thanks again for the picture, Do you know a price on them?
Old 09-29-2007, 06:14 AM
Alcyon
Intermediate

Price list without taxes in euros
Attached Images
File Type: pdf
2007-06-20T13-42-5438.pdf (60.9 KB, 304 views)
Old 10-03-2007, 04:57 AM
Alcyon
Intermediate

From outside (GT2)
Attached Images  

Quick Reply: Folding bucket seats?