911 Turbo (930) Forum 1975-1989

Feeler - Have to sell the Pumpkin

Search this Thread

Old 11-13-2007, 12:16 PM
Gary R.
Rennlist Member

Received 253 Likes on 156 Posts
Default Feeler - Have to sell the Pumpkin

I have come to the conclusion that there is only so much $$ to go around (here) and had to decide between doing the PCA/NASA race car thing 100% or doing it 1/2-*** by running the turbo at DE's with the G car just for racing. It was a great plan but just doesn't work. The 930 has to go... I just really have no idea what I should ask for her. Make no mistake, it's a track car that is street legal (in CT anyway). Here is a quickly compiled build list (from memory) as i'm afraid to even LOOK at my receipts (last one was $11K for the G50 conversion and assorted work!).

1982 930 Euro with new G50 ($10K conversion two months ago)
Approx. 65,000 miles
3.3L original Euro motor - checked 300 miles ago by Dan Jacobs and had 2-3% leakdown
B&B Stainless Steel Headers w/heat
K27 7200 Turbo
Tial 38mm Wastegate w/ .6 bar spring
Fabspeed single out Stainless muffler
B&B BIG front oil cooler
Autometer 0-25 PSI liquid filled boost guage

Body was stripped to bare metal, windows out, and painted in single stage PPG Concept enamel, Signal Orange. Not the greatest paint job ever but fine for a track or dual use car.
New GT Racing Fiberglassbumpers front/rear

Recent work by Dan Jacobs LLC -
New 10mm Magnecor wires, New Cap, rotor, plugs, Valve adjustment and complete tune up 200 miles ago
Rebuilt shortened G50 with shortened 2-4 gearset
New clutch
New Hargett 5 Speed shifter

Completed this summer -
Saunders Hollow torsion bars - 33mm rear, 24mm front
Smart Racing adjustable sway bars front/rear
Smart Racing Camber King strut tower brace/shock monoballs
Elephant Racing trailing arm monoballs
Elephant Polybroze bushings front/rear
New Custom Valved Bilsteins

Car was corner balanced and aligned for track use by Dan Jacobs LLC this summer.

Two sets of wheels/tires
2007 CCW 3 piece 18"x11.5" and 18"x9" wheels with Hoosier R6's in 315 and 245 with 6 heat cycles (look new)
2001 Porsche 996 Turbo twists in 11" and 8" with Sumitomo 285 and 245 street tires (new)

2 New Recaro SPG XL seats
2 sets (2005) Deist harnesses
Safety Devices rear roll bar welded in, front section comes with it but not installed (to keep it safer for road use)
Appbiz RS Door panels -new
Appbiz RS Carpet Set -new

Stuff I have ready to install -
Innovate XD-16 A/F guage/recorder (it's installed, just not wired in yet)
Innovate Wide-band Oxygen sensor
Brian Leask Adjustable WUR

All receipts for the build, and i'm sure I am leaving a lot of stuff out.

The car has extraordinary power and handles extremely well. In the right hands it is capable of +/- a 2:05 at Watkins Glen. It is registered and insured in CT and Emissions exempt. For any sustained road use I would realign her it as she is maxxed out for track handling.

Here is a recent pic -

We are at $35K or best offer...
Thanks!

Last edited by Gary R.; 06-18-2008 at 07:11 PM.
Old 11-13-2007, 12:31 PM
jimculp
Shop Rat
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

What a cool car. Good luck with the sale. What are your impressions of the new suspension setup? I'm considering a very similar setup.
Old 11-13-2007, 01:09 PM
evil 944t
Rennlist Member

How much??
Old 11-13-2007, 01:10 PM
special tool
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Price??
Old 11-13-2007, 01:12 PM
Gary R.
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by evil 944t
How much??
"I just really have no idea what I should ask for her."

It will all depend on what someone is willing to pay for a car like this, I have about $50K invested so far.. the reason for the post is to get ideas more than try to get a quick sale.

Old 11-13-2007, 01:12 PM
Gary R.
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by jimculp
What a cool car. Good luck with the sale. What are your impressions of the new suspension setup? I'm considering a very similar setup.
Thank you and STIFF
Old 11-13-2007, 01:15 PM
special tool
Banned

According to Randy V, you gots to post the price My Ct. brother.

Randy V
Moderator Maximus
Lifetime Rennlist

Posts: 10,929 Posting For Sale and Parts Wanted on the Forums

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

POSTING PARTS/CARS FOR SALE OR PARTS/CARS WANTED

If you want to post model-related items or cars for sale here, or request parts or cars wanted to buy, you MUST be a paid Rennlist Member.

Please include a detailed description and the asking price in all For Sale posts.

Any 'For Sale' and 'Parts Wanted' posts by non-members, or by Members with no asking price, "Best Offer", "Make an Offer", "Highest Offer over $xx", "Email for Details and Price", etc. will be removed without notice.

OK, now that's settled, here's some additional suggestions:

Create a detailed post with pics of the item for sale in the Members Classified forum:

http://forums.rennlist.com/rennforum...ysprune=&f=136

Then, post a For Sale thread in the model-specific forum with a simple description of the item and a link to the detailed post in the Classified forum. Ask that non-Members PM you for additional details.

By posting in the Classified forum, other Members with other models will also see your item when they would not have seen it in the model forum. For example, a set of turbo twist wheels you want to sell will fit several other Porsche models.

We encourage you to sell to Members first, but realize that there are many non-Members who may also want your item.

While not mandatory, we also encourage Member pricing, i.e. a discount price when sold to another Member.

By targeting your sales to other Members, the Rennlist Admins can step in and provide assistance in the event that a transaction goes bad - they have all pertinent info for Members, but non-Members are completely anonymous.

Posting Links to eBay Auctions

If you want to post your ebay link here, post a Buy it Now (BIN) price that you will sell it for.

If you get a taker here, you must end the auction early and sell it to the Rennlister at the BIN price.

Finally - it is extremely bad form to jump into someone's For Sale thread and post a similar item that you too have for sale. Show some courtesy and get a friggin' clue.
Old 11-13-2007, 01:38 PM
Geoffrey
Nordschleife Master

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

Gary, this is a tough one because you'll need to find a specific buyer. When I was selling my absolutely perfect 89 MoTeC EFI turbo, setup like your car, the most I was offered was 37.5k. I parted it out to get the money I wanted for it.
Old 11-13-2007, 02:00 PM
Gary R.
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Geoffrey
Gary, this is a tough one because you'll need to find a specific buyer. When I was selling my absolutely perfect 89 MoTeC EFI turbo, setup like your car, the most I was offered was 37.5k. I parted it out to get the money I wanted for it.
I agree, it's a car for someone that wants a VERY serious DE/Street ride or want to run in NASA or series other than PCA which will place her in a non-competitive class as-is. I will take what I can get and someone will be saving a TON of $$ vs. building the same car. The fact that Dan Jacobs set it up is quite a bonus to anyone that is familiar with his record..
Old 11-13-2007, 02:04 PM
special tool
Banned

Originally Posted by Gary R.
OK, let's start out at $40K and see where that goes. Feel free to go higher.. Again, I didn't preface this with a "For Sale" but with "Feeler - Have to sell the Pumpkin". I've seen hundreds of such posts here and on Pelican when a member in good standing honestly doesn't know what to ask for his/her car and that is the situation i'm in. Honest injun.
I will put word out.
Old 11-13-2007, 02:33 PM
Cory M
Drifting

Received 74 Likes on 43 Posts

beautifull car, good luck with the sale
Old 11-13-2007, 04:00 PM
jimculp
Shop Rat
Rennlist Member

Could you post some interior shots?
Old 11-13-2007, 04:45 PM
Gary R.
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by jimculp
Could you post some interior shots?
My daughter is away for the week but as soon as she returns with my camera I will..
Old 11-13-2007, 04:59 PM
Geoffrey
Nordschleife Master

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

Gary, when you don't get what you want, sell the SC, 930 engine, and install a 3.39l N/A race engine with EFI and go racing in GT3R. Your chassis is a good starting point and you've invested this much so far...Or build a 2.6l twin turbo for the same class...
Old 11-13-2007, 05:05 PM
Gary R.
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Geoffrey
Gary, when you don't get what you want, sell the SC, 930 engine, and install a 3.39l N/A race engine with EFI and go racing in GT3R. Your chassis is a good starting point and you've invested this much so far...Or build a 2.6l twin turbo for the same class...
You're a BIG help! Don't forget to add in the Motec equipment!

Quick Reply: Feeler - Have to sell the Pumpkin