993 Forum 1995-1998

Paint chip and scratch repair

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2008, 10:04 AM
Denise993
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Paint chip and scratch repair

My hood has a few good rock chips. On another board someone suggested Langka products. Has anyone tried this? How did it work? Was it a pain?

Or, should I just do what I always do and pay someone?

http://www.langka.com/
Old 04-09-2008, 11:33 AM
Peter B
Rennlist Member

With a little patience the Langka systems works very well. I found on the Iris Blue that the chips can be filled with touch up and smoothed away until they disappear.
Old 04-09-2008, 11:54 AM
TAI2
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have not tried this system but I really like Dr. Color Chip. www.drcolorchip.com/
Old 04-09-2008, 12:52 PM
murfysflaw
Wallflower
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by TAI2
I have not tried this system but I really like Dr. Color Chip. www.drcolorchip.com/
I came across that one last week and was considering it for some chips on the front of mine. anyone tried it?
Old 04-09-2008, 11:12 PM
993MAN
Drifting

Received 19 Likes on 11 Posts

Yep, I bought some last month. Took ages for them to get around the postal service who wouldn't ship it internationally. In the end I asked to just post it and see what happens. Got it here in about 3 days.
Anyway, it works really well, especially on gravel rash. It literally dissapeared when applied. Amazing really. My lower gaurds look perfect again.
It also got rid of nearly all the stone chips totally. If you look hard enough you will see them but you really need to look hard.
For the money it is really good and works like they say.
Cheers
Old 04-10-2008, 02:16 AM
Nuff
Racer

Originally Posted by murfysflaw
I came across that one last week and was considering it for some chips on the front of mine. anyone tried it?
I've tried DrCC and Langka. DrCC is more expensive, but they send you fresh color matched paint that I found to be better than the nail polish the dealer sells. It also comes with some really nice small brushes.

Dr.CC works really well with small chips. Larger chips or scratches are much harder to fill.
Old 04-10-2008, 08:01 AM
murfysflaw
Wallflower
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Nuff
I've tried DrCC and Langka. DrCC is more expensive, but they send you fresh color matched paint that I found to be better than the nail polish the dealer sells. It also comes with some really nice small brushes.

Dr.CC works really well with small chips. Larger chips or scratches are much harder to fill.
I may have to add that to my list then. Thanks!

Trending Topics

Old 04-10-2008, 08:27 AM
murfysflaw
Wallflower
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Nuff

I may have to add that to my list then. Thanks!

Quick Reply: Paint chip and scratch repair