Notices
993 Forum 1995-1998

DACH sport cat GB official registration thread

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-2008, 10:03 PM
993inNC
Race Car

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default DACH sport cat GB official registration thread.......WE NOW HAVE CATS!!!!

As posted in the previous thread about a GB:

What I would like to do before anyone sends payment, is to commit here that "yes" they are in. If we get the six to fully commit, I will also expand the GB to INCLUDE the by-pass pipes as well, and there will be no minimum number for those. Once the commitments have surfaced (for the cats) I will make sure we have availability of cats (with our supplier) and then I will report back that we'll need to start taking payments. I will ship the by-pass pipes as well for the regular going $775 to anyone in the cont. US or Canada.

Once more, nothing gets ordered or started until all payments are received. We have done GB's in the past were some committed and others didn't after saying "yes" and we sit holding parts. Not that they don't get used in time, but we build this stuff in my partners shop taking up space as it is, I don't feel its right to take up valuable stock space for his business with our side stuff. The "all in" method has worked well recently. I will let everyone know when all payments are in and when we get started so everyone is aware of everything.
If you send a check, it won't get cashed until all payments are in. If you paypal, I don't transfer until all are in.

Please, if you aren't serious, don't mess things up for the rest. I still get charged a fee for paypal (unless you have a balance and not a credit card payment) and if I have to send the money back, I don't refund the fee, so lets everyone be up front, once you say you are in, you are in. Once I begin building your set....you own them.

Sound fair? The last time we did this (beginning of the year), I think we had something like 13 people in all (between cat/bypass pipes/DACH R's). If we have a really good turn out again (on the cat pipes), I may be able to extend an even better discount to everyone (sent with pipes), so lets see those "yes I am in" responses and we'll kick this puppy off!

Officially "in" and awaiting to send payment:

- Hound Dog
- Gary B
- Bruce59
- Michaelc
- JDS
- Superuser

Last edited by 993inNC; 09-09-2008 at 07:21 PM. Reason: change title
Old 08-18-2008, 12:02 AM
David in LA
Nordschleife Master

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Chris - is this list just for NA sport cats or also for TT cats?

Tks
David
Old 08-18-2008, 07:53 AM
993inNC
Race Car

N/A's at the moment. I'll still need to get a TT and mock up a set for a jig before we can go the TT route, maybe we can do that after the GB. Seems like there was a bit of interest, so.....
If I had a TT close to me, I'd probably just knock out a set for you, but I believe my closest is 2 hours away and details for getting it were never worked out etc.....
Old 08-18-2008, 08:09 AM
David in LA
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by 993inNC
N/A's at the moment. I'll still need to get a TT and mock up a set for a jig before we can go the TT route, maybe we can do that after the GB. Seems like there was a bit of interest, so.....
If I had a TT close to me, I'd probably just knock out a set for you, but I believe my closest is 2 hours away and details for getting it were never worked out etc.....
ok, thanks...please keep us posted!!
Old 08-18-2008, 11:14 AM
HJK
Pro

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

and for those in doubt.... No need, the sound is great, loving it.....
H
Old 08-18-2008, 12:37 PM
GaryB
Instructor

Count me also as "officially" in, and waiting to send payment. Has the dollar amount been determined yet?

Gary
Old 08-18-2008, 01:22 PM
993inNC
Race Car

Sorry, that was covered in the other thread Ship'g (insured) to cont US and Canada for $1475 (+4.5% paypal fee)

Last edited by 993inNC; 09-09-2008 at 07:19 PM.
Old 08-18-2008, 01:58 PM
brucec59
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

I am in!

Chris, since you've got a new cat supplier, please confirm that these are street legal and smog approved by whoever it is that approves such things. I can't use 'em if they won't pass smog.

Thanks.
Old 08-18-2008, 03:36 PM
993_Pilot
Three Wheelin'

I don't mean to sound ungrateful, but if the group buy price amounts to no discount, but free shipping, and I have to pay an additional 4% for paypal, then I am going to hold off for now. I made the assumption they would be at least 10% off the price advertised HERE. My credit card is still recovering from my previous round of mods, and it looks like you guys already have the 6 you needed anyways.
Old 08-18-2008, 04:52 PM
993inNC
Race Car

Originally Posted by brucec59
I am in!

Chris, since you've got a new cat supplier, please confirm that these are street legal and smog approved by whoever it is that approves such things. I can't use 'em if they won't pass smog.

Thanks.
Its not a new supplier, its a redesign from the same MFG (MetalCat). My supplier has been telling us of this for months and we haven't seen them yet, yet its getting harder to get the current cats! Believe me, I wouldn't put out anything that wouldn't pass. I'll add you to the list Thanks
Old 08-18-2008, 04:57 PM
993inNC
Race Car

Originally Posted by 993_Pilot
I don't mean to sound ungrateful, but if the group buy price amounts to no discount, but free shipping, and I have to pay an additional 4% for paypal, then I am going to hold off for now. I made the assumption they would be at least 10% off the price advertised HERE. My credit card is still recovering from my previous round of mods, and it looks like you guys already have the 6 you needed anyways.
No not un-greatful, its just getting very expensive to do this with steel going up by the day, not to mention the welding gas, machine shop rates, etc....
I'm sorry I can't do better at this time..........can't do anything cheap right now! But if you read the post, I said if I have a huge turn out, I'll make good on a little rebate back with the pipes.
hey there's always a China built set out there to be had for less
Let me know when you're ready, I'll be right here

Oh and I promise when we do get those new cats, they'll come with a new price (as they will to me), so get 'em now!
Old 08-18-2008, 07:58 PM
Michaelc
Rennlist Member

Received 13 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Who's calling it a recession!!

Chris, I've been away from the computer for about an week and imagine my surprise when returning to find this group buy underway! What a great online community this is! Please put me down as officially in and looking forward to sending you my payment so I can get your product! Please add me to the list!!!!
Old 08-18-2008, 08:38 PM
993_Pilot
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by 993inNC
No not un-greatful, its just getting very expensive to do this with steel going up by the day, not to mention the welding gas, machine shop rates, etc....
I'm sorry I can't do better at this time..........can't do anything cheap right now! But if you read the post, I said if I have a huge turn out, I'll make good on a little rebate back with the pipes.
hey there's always a China built set out there to be had for less
Let me know when you're ready, I'll be right here

Oh and I promise when we do get those new cats, they'll come with a new price (as they will to me), so get 'em now!
Chris,

I am a little tight with cash in my personal slush fund right now, which is why I wanted to use paypal in the first place. By all reports, your sport cats are well worth the money, and I certainly didn't mean to imply otherwise. Hopefully no offense was taken. I will definitely be coming to you when I am ready. Maybe if I sweet talk the wife, and put off fixing my A/C, she'll let me have a little money out of the general fund. . . hmmm.
Old 08-18-2008, 08:53 PM
993inNC
Race Car

Michael - done, thanks, glad the timing is right for you

Jeff - no worries, like I said.......be right here when you're ready to come to the DACH side

ok, 2 more, where's all my "in's" from the other thread? I'll get Dave working on checking supply stock on those cats since it looks like we'll get to 6 quickly.....do I hear 12? means bigger discounts!!
Old 08-19-2008, 09:39 PM
Michaelc
Rennlist Member

Received 13 Likes on 5 Posts

Chris - When would you like specifics from us? IE, Bischoff or Gillett, one O2 sensor or two? Year of the car...this should bring the thread back to the front!

Quick Reply: DACH sport cat GB official registration thread