Sponsored by:

AGLA 997 steering wheel- Custom Thick grip

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2009, 12:35 AM
AGLA
Former Vendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default AGLA 997 steering wheel- Custom Thick grip

AGLA has for sale at the link below an all black leather 997 triangular airbag wheel with a number of special features yet retains the original wheel so you may stiil use your current airbag and or mutifunction controls.
We added on the following features
- GT2 style padded wheel - not available on these multifunction wheels/only the non multifunction round airbag version as on gt2 version.Adds @ 1/3 inch more in diameter /@3/4 - 1 inch circumference vs stock wheel.
-Thumb rests at 10-2 oclock- also not seen on this wheel /only on the sport
-Perforated leather sides /for a more sportier feel- smooth black leather top and bottom areas for a subtle two tone custom wheel.

See this link at my ebay store or call me directly at 1 800 780 4500
If you are interested in a wheel like this but you have another color in mind or prefer alcantara materials let me know.I also can send all of you more pictures of this wheel and others

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...3AIT&viewitem=

thank you very much
Alan Gun/AGLA

Last edited by AGLA; 03-17-2009 at 01:09 AM. Reason: forgot text
Old 03-17-2009, 09:42 AM
sparkhill
Rennlist Member

Received 477 Likes on 288 Posts

Your wheel certainly looks promising but you need to take some decent photos.
Old 03-17-2009, 01:23 PM
AGLA
Former Vendor

I can always email you pictures -I have an old camera /i'll see about getting a new camera of 5-6 megs.
Thanks
A Gun
Old 03-21-2009, 07:36 PM
md11plt
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ALAN!!!!

I am so glad I found this!

Please look at the pictures of a wheel Alan did for me. There are some real PROs here on Renn that know how to do custom wheels. Alan Gun is not one of them. This mess cost me over $500.00 and when I pulled it out of the box, my wife actually laughed. It was absolutely PATHETIC. You can see glue spots, bunched leather and more.

Not only did he not fix it, he is genuinely one of the rudest most obnoxious people I have ever dealt with. Some of the things he said to me on the phone were beyond the pale. When I was dealing with Alan, I had just been diagnosed with cancer. When I called to complain about the wheel, Alan said that I doctored pictures with Photoshop and that I actually caused the damage to the wheel. When I wouldn’t give up, he called me “Cancer Boy” and told me to hurry up and die so he wouldn’t have to hear from me any more.

Well, Alan, I still have the cancer, but I’m still here and every time you post something on this forum and try to sucker some of the best folks I have ever come across. I will post this story again, and again, and again.

Rennlisters BEWARE!

Alan,

I got the steering wheel today. Thank you for the expediting shipping.

I must say that I am not very happy with the way it turned out. In fact, I'm very upset about it. I have included pictures of the areas that I have problems with.

First of all I sent you what was for all intents and purposes a brand new steering wheel on the 1st of March, two day Fed Ex. You called me on the 3rd telling me you had the wheel in your shop and we discussed once again the details of the work you were to do. On previous conversations, you told me that a "simple wheel like yours would take about a week". Today is the 26th of March, a full 3 weeks after you had the wheel in your shop. I called you Tuesday the 21st looking for the wheel and you said it was done and that it would ship out the next morning. You said I would have it by the weekend. I called you again on Friday the 24th of March because the wheel had not come. You told me that you were inundated with relatives and that you had not been able to personally inspect the wheel. You told me that once you did, you would send it right out. I asked you about Saturday delivery and we agreed that you would send it via express mail USPS.

Second, the quality of the wheel is in my opinion very substandard. The stitching is very uneven. The padding is lumpy and the fit and finish of the edges is just downright poor. There is glue everywhere and both the left and right spokes are damaged. Also, the seams towards the bottom of the wheel where the alcantara and the leather meet is much lower that specified in my letter to you.

All in all, I am very disappointed. I would appreciate the money spent for the work you did refunded to my credit card. Even if you thought you could fix all the problems mentioned here, I am unwilling to spend another three weeks without my car. Secondly, since this wheel is in no way suitable, I would ask that you bear the burden of a replacement steering wheel from Porsche. I will do the leg work and find the best price I can for a wheel and let you know what the cost is.

Sincerely,

Thomas Sila
Attached Images       
Old 03-21-2009, 10:00 PM
sparkhill
Rennlist Member

Received 477 Likes on 288 Posts

Thanks for the warning. The three fuzzy photos looked very suspect.
Old 03-22-2009, 03:45 AM
TWTURBO
Instructor

Received 41 Likes on 9 Posts

thanks for the post i was ready to order one on monday ,clearly the weak pictures are on purpose ,who doesn't have a camera that takes clear pics these days,quality of work looks like it was sent to TJ.
Old 03-22-2009, 08:00 AM
Alex (UK)
Racer

This crook is a Rennlist site sponsor? Recognized con-artists should be banned IMHO!

Trending Topics

Old 03-22-2009, 11:30 AM
md11plt
Pro

Originally Posted by TWTURBO
thanks for the post i was ready to order one on monday ,clearly the weak pictures are on purpose ,who doesn't have a camera that takes clear pics these days,quality of work looks like it was sent to TJ.
These guys http://www.dallassteeringwheel.com/ do excellent work. Also Look for Paul Champagne here on Renn. Awesome work.
Old 03-22-2009, 01:48 PM
bbywu
Instructor

Thomas...sorry to hear about your circumstances. I think you have enough on your hands, and certainly don't need a transaction to go sour and be treated as such. Thanks for the heads up.
Old 03-22-2009, 03:03 PM
T951
Pro

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by md11plt
ALAN!!!!

I am so glad I found this!

Please look at the pictures of a wheel Alan did for me. There are some real PROs here on Renn that know how to do custom wheels. Alan Gun is not one of them. This mess cost me over $500.00 and when I pulled it out of the box, my wife actually laughed. It was absolutely PATHETIC. You can see glue spots, bunched leather and more.

Not only did he not fix it, he is genuinely one of the rudest most obnoxious people I have ever dealt with. Some of the things he said to me on the phone were beyond the pale. When I was dealing with Alan, I had just been diagnosed with cancer. When I called to complain about the wheel, Alan said that I doctored pictures with Photoshop and that I actually caused the damage to the wheel. When I wouldn’t give up, he called me “Cancer Boy” and told me to hurry up and die so he wouldn’t have to hear from me any more.

Well, Alan, I still have the cancer, but I’m still here and every time you post something on this forum and try to sucker some of the best folks I have ever come across. I will post this story again, and again, and again.

Rennlisters BEWARE!

Alan,

I got the steering wheel today. Thank you for the expediting shipping.

I must say that I am not very happy with the way it turned out. In fact, I'm very upset about it. I have included pictures of the areas that I have problems with.

First of all I sent you what was for all intents and purposes a brand new steering wheel on the 1st of March, two day Fed Ex. You called me on the 3rd telling me you had the wheel in your shop and we discussed once again the details of the work you were to do. On previous conversations, you told me that a "simple wheel like yours would take about a week". Today is the 26th of March, a full 3 weeks after you had the wheel in your shop. I called you Tuesday the 21st looking for the wheel and you said it was done and that it would ship out the next morning. You said I would have it by the weekend. I called you again on Friday the 24th of March because the wheel had not come. You told me that you were inundated with relatives and that you had not been able to personally inspect the wheel. You told me that once you did, you would send it right out. I asked you about Saturday delivery and we agreed that you would send it via express mail USPS.

Second, the quality of the wheel is in my opinion very substandard. The stitching is very uneven. The padding is lumpy and the fit and finish of the edges is just downright poor. There is glue everywhere and both the left and right spokes are damaged. Also, the seams towards the bottom of the wheel where the alcantara and the leather meet is much lower that specified in my letter to you.

All in all, I am very disappointed. I would appreciate the money spent for the work you did refunded to my credit card. Even if you thought you could fix all the problems mentioned here, I am unwilling to spend another three weeks without my car. Secondly, since this wheel is in no way suitable, I would ask that you bear the burden of a replacement steering wheel from Porsche. I will do the leg work and find the best price I can for a wheel and let you know what the cost is.

Sincerely,

Thomas Sila
WOW!!! That's crazy. I guess where there is smoke there is fire. I haven't heard any good stories about this firm.
Old 03-23-2009, 01:05 PM
AGLA
Former Vendor

As for the pictures - I am not a camera expert - I am not GM that has a advertizing dept. with professional equipment\I use a old 1 - 2 meg camera tha I just replaced wit a 8 meg last week
I used the old camera as wheels were done here before they were packed -i really don't have the time to sit there and take models beautiful shots.
LISTEN TO ME NOTHING HAS TO DO WITH MASKING AND HIDING ANYTHING.I willGladly send anyof you picturesdirectly of my work.My pictures are same on my web site as it has nit been updated since 2004-i am trying to change that ...and i am trying to make the time to upload a myspace page.I am not a computer person.I just take the picture as bast i can and uploand it on ebay or whereever- excuse me for showing my age- i am not nor do I have the time to sit around and take pictures and play on computers to make a picture,I make steering wheels-As it is i have a rar e911rs whedelthat need to be sewn up and NOW as the car is sold today and i am wasting time responding to ludicrous and astoundly IGNORANT accusations.LIBELOUS ACTUALLY.
A gun

Last edited by AGLA; 03-23-2009 at 02:47 PM. Reason: worryly sent
Old 03-23-2009, 02:11 PM
md11plt
Pro

What’s to warrantee Alan? Are you saying the wheel looks like crap? That shoddy workmanship took place? These pictures are from the SECOND time I got the wheel from you. I sent it back once under warrantee that was supposed to take two days and ended up taking two weeks.

Here’s another email:

Alan,

Lets disregard for a moment that when I talked to you after receiving the steering wheel that you would pay for FedEx shipping to and from my house. Let's also forget for a moment that you said it would take you no more than two days to rectify the problems.

Fed Ex picked up the package on 03/28/06. You got it the next day. I called you on 03/30/06 and you told me again that it would only take a day or two to correct the problems because they were so minor. I had to again point out the stitching on the top right that needed to be redone as well as some other problems.

I called again on 4/2/06 and you told me that they were just finishing up on the wheel and it would go out later that day.

I sent an e-mail on 4/3/06 asking if the wheel had shipped. I got no response.

Finally on 4/6/06 I got an e-mail stating that the wheel had shipped USPS! It has been a total of 14 days! Add that to the three weeks for the original job and I have been without my car for five weeks! I finally got the wheel late yesterday on 4/10/06.

While the spokes have been changed and the stitching on the upper right side is much improved, the wheel is not much better than before. I have included pictures that show where material is bunched and the sloppy seam on the back and top of one of the spokes. There is still glue on the wheel and the seams on the bottom are not where they are supposed to be. The picture shows that the seams are in the valley of the second and third peaks of the finger grips. An excerpt from the letter I e-mailed you and sent with the wheel states the lower seam should be extended downward approximately 2½ inches to the crest (top) of the third finger mould ridge starting from the bottom center of the wheel (two ridges lower than the current seam). I told you you could disregard correcting that error because you stated that you would need the wheel an extra week. Since you had the wheel two weeks anyway, it should have been done.

As we talked about earlier and as stated in an e-mail I sent you, you said you would provide a refund if I was not happy with the wheel. It should be obvious by now that I am not. Please credit my card for the entire amount of $422.99 for the work that was to be done.

I am sorry that things didn't work out here, Alan.

Tom Sila

As far as the cancer issue goes, it came up in conversation with you because things were taking weeks longer than you said they would. Not to call me “Cancer Boy” or tell me that I’d be dead before I got a chance to take you to court over this. And certainly not “I have cancer give me my money back”. I even sent you the results of a CT scan I had because you called me a liar. Funny how after that you started signing your e-mail Alan Gun MD (ret). Because of your complete ineptitude, I was without my car for five weeks. At the time, because I was starting a new drug and it was unclear if it would provide any benefit to me, the Docs had given me four to six weeks left to live. Five of them I spent dealing with you over this.

I have every email, Alan, and remember, I will tell this story again, and again, and again.

Oh, I also replied to every post of yours I could find, so lets spread this around a little. The guys on the other forums are waiting.
Old 03-23-2009, 02:39 PM
AGLA
Former Vendor

Everyone at This POSTING-Lets clear something up
How can I be in business since 1988 - making junk ?-This customer refused to warranty the wheel -he did not wish to get it back to me then tells me of a cancer issue like I am suppose to give back his money,Sorry I been doing this too long.Plus I have a medical background before getting involved in AGLA,Inc.. I read the fax for his medical report knowing full well what it involved -frankly it has nothing to do with my transaction with him. Sorry what did it have to do woith me making him a wheel He needed to send back the wheel to warranty it. This was one of the first wheel we did of that type several years ago - Frankly if I admit if we had too many wrinkles ,I was more than willing to sort it out
for him.He wanted a partial alcantara /leather wheel.We were new to alcantara when we did the wheel .We used glues and a form of sewing at the time that since then we realized you can not use on this type of work. Now we can make a wheel in any form of material as we have fine tuned our product.
We have made some fabulous wheels .
And I always allow for an open forum between myself and te customer to finetune the wheel or even redo it if needed to get it correct if there are any issues .Some of you go for wild /crasy wheel stuff such as seen on my ebay store
How could i be making these wheels and still be in business -HOW CAN I BE A THEIF?A CON??
I was looking forward to being on Rennlist -Rennlist was deparate to get me on - but honestly all of you who respond attacking a business not knowing there are 2 sides to every story is just plain wrong.I guess this is the evils of the internet.....
I am like all of you- I have mortgage /kids /responsiblilties with people who work for me. I went to
college/ got an education and try to enjoy life on occasion when I am not working trying to make a living and responding to inane timewasting issues such as this matter.I have over 100 wheels here backed up but i am responding to this with MY SIDE OF THE STORY.
Does the 3 largest mail order catalogues companies i do business with ,and many others - Actually - looking at the sponsors list here at Rennlist I supply about 90%!!!!! of them!!! Think I am ripping them off the last 20 years?? Yes call any one of them. Please do so....

The issue in this matter is an accusasion from the one customer that has been so far the only one in 20 years to pull an issue such as an "illness" hoping i am going to fall over and say - well OK here's your money back.
However I remember vividly the customer painted himself as he was on his dying bed and had months to live as a reason to give back your money and needed the wheel on the car asap becasue time was short becasue of the terminal illness . Glad to see you are still with us.
This may sound a callous /cold to some of you - but I ask /begged him to let me fine tune the wheel /warranty it/I'd pay for all shipping /drop everything here and get it back same day ?air ship it back to him/Etc.-he refused everything.We were at an impasse.And thats where it ended after he sent me the medical report on his condition.
Any of you who have a business -Would any of you say- OK I will give him back his money on failure to return on a warranty claim-(and we are bending over backwards to resolve it ) and also base the return on a medical report that has NOTHING to do with the issue .How can you give back monies based on some pictures that FRANKLY HONESTLY- did not leave our premises like that-I don't like those wrinkles myself- I told him that at the time once he sent me the pictures .There is several issues that I don't remember seeing when it it was boxed.Am I perfect -far from it - no one is- did something get by me?? Let me take care of it and resolve it - but he instantly reacted the second he got it and wanted his money back.Which is quite odd becasue i rarely have a reaction from a customer that way unless they are trying to pull a fast one on me.Logic tells me that a medical report on a cancer patient has nothing to do with the customization of a product.If anything - a cancer victim would be sympathetic and understanding if there was an mistake in his allegeded last monhs of life- this client just gave me doubts to any of his claims. We are still here willing and able to correct the mistakes on the wheel.

I took pictures of the wheel also as I do on all wheels here and it did not have it upon leaving - so imagine my doubts on anything coming from the customer. Actually its the same wheel seen at this ebay link -

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...4962&viewitem=

Top right hand picture .Although small - if you enlarge it - you will not see wrinkles -thats how it left.
Had he allowed me to look over the wheel - any issues would have been resolved if any.If I needed to I would redone the wheel-WOULD A THIEF DO THIS????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????
Wheather its me or Dallassw new things are being thrown at us all the time
I have had wheels sent to me from customers that Dallasw made that they allegegley messed up .
Also the same with American Stitches that went out of business.
I have made alot of wheels to alot of happy customers since 1989 both wholesale /retail and even manufactures.
Its easy to rip someones' good name on the internet -but you have to know BOTH SIDES OF THE STORY . Some of you don't wish to do business with me -fine- I can not do anything about that however on the interent it is easy to libel and slander someone - However I will not put up with it.
If you don;t want me to bother you guys on rennlist -fine - I have better things to do with alot of happy customers.Rennlist really wanted me here -In this economy they REALLY wanted me here - I now have my doubts as a sponsor - why bother when one person bad mouths my company and several you go off halfcocked without seeing the other slde of the story.
Frankly I did not even bother reading haif of this posts as once I saw this ex client with so far the only one in 20 years using a "terminal heatlh reasons" to return monies.Am I perfect -NO.But I try my best nor am I am a fool.
I'll be talking to Rennlist about this matter.

Alan Gun MD.President AGLA,Inc.
Old 03-23-2009, 03:01 PM
md11plt
Pro

Originally Posted by AGLA
We were new to alcantara when we did the wheel .We used glues and a form of sewing at the time that since then we realized you can not use on this type of work.
Does this mean I will finally get my money back?

but I ask /begged him to let me fine tune the wheel /warranty it/I'd pay for all shipping /drop everything here and get it back same day ?air ship it back to him/Etc.-

Time for another e-mail! This was after he'd had it two separate times for a total of five weeks already. Notice who is to pay for shipping.

Dwar Mr Sila
In review of wheel.
If you want we will glady in good faith look at this issue should you return it - this time at your cost
The wheel is a special order wheel done to our specification here at AGLA,Inc.
There is no oe specs on this wheel since it was a custom modification as specified by you.
You have your finished wheel, enjoy it and it has a 2 year warranty

Otherwise we do have the legal right to defend our positition in this matter
Proceed at your our risk.
Alan Gun, MD (ret)
presidentr AGLA,inc

Alan Gun MD.President AGLA,Inc.
THERE'S THE MD AGAIN!!!!

BTW, I notice your spelling isn't any better. When you buy another camera that takes better pictures, buy a computer with a spell checker. It will make you more credible.
Old 03-23-2009, 03:22 PM
AGLA
Former Vendor

Send me the wheel that is so horrible that you have used it all these years and i 'll redo it.I know of no other company who would do such as thing after the warranty period passed- try that with any other company large or small-

Thats all can do.Also This will be my last post here - If you have an issue bring it directly to my email and take your personal issues there at agla@gate.net.
Mr Sila - by the way your refund went to the several custmers you ruined for me by me not making them a wheel thus i did not get the business.Are you happy now??
To the rest of you -who were going to do business with me and have not - I will gladly offer a 20% discount and an appologiy to this issue -Mr Sila insists on makng making this public- no one is perfect
I offfered to correct any issues - he refused - case closed.
And yes I graduated as an MD in 1982.But I did not do my internship for several reasons not needed to be stated here .Its not the forum for it.
A gun

Quick Reply: AGLA 997 steering wheel- Custom Thick grip