Notices
Vehicle Marketplace - Old A place for Rennlist Members & Sponsors to sell their new & used vehicles.
Mark this thread as Sold
Cars Search
Keyword:

Year:
(Range)

Make:

Model:

Cont. Porsche Models:

Mileage (numbers only please):

Color:

Price (no $ sign please):

Private or Dealer Listing:

Location (Region):

Transmission Type:

Parts Search
Keyword:

Category:

Price (no $ sign please):

Private or Vendor Listing:

Location (Region):

Item Condition:

1988 944 Turbo S in Guards Red/Black Interior

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2017, 02:02 AM
samana76
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1988 944 Turbo S in Guards Red/Black Interior

Year: 1988
Make: Porsche
Model: 0
Mileage (numbers only please): 126228
Options (Please check ALL which apply): Airbags, Air Conditioning, Antilock Brakes, Cruise Control, Intermittent Wipers, Leather Seats, Power Brakes, Power Door Locks, Power Steering, Power Windows, Sunroof
Color: Guards Red / Black Interior
VIN: WP0AA2958JN151748
Price (no $ sign please): $22000
Private or Dealer Listing: Private Listing
Location (Region): NorCal
Body Style: Coupe
Transmission Type: Manual - 5 speed
2 or 4 Wheel Drive?: 2 Wheel Drive
Engine Type: Turbo
Stereo System: AM-FM CD

Hello Everyone,

I have decided to put my 1988 944 Turbo S in Guards Red and Black Interior up for sale. I am listing it here on Rennlist.com first so that this wonderful community, that has always helped me throughout the years, can have first bids on it for a few days before I post the ad on eBay.

I have had this 951S since 2012. It had been very well maintained by the previous owners and I have extensive maintenance records that date back to 1993. I have added quite a bit to that stack myself, as I have performed regular maintenance, some light modifications, and just recently had the engine block honed and sleeved, the engine completely rebuilt, and a new Turbo Cup clutch kit installed. As a matter of fact, the engine and clutch barely have 1000 miles on them.

The odometer reads 126228 miles. It stopped working a few years ago, however the reading is fairly accurate as this was my fourth car and I did not drive it much in the last few years.

This 951S is mostly stock with just a few upgrades as listed:

- 3.0" Fabspeed performance exhaust package (sounds great!)
- Tial 38 dual port waste gate
- Rogue's A-Tune Package
- Lindsey Racing manual boost controller
- Autometer Sport Comp Boost gauge
- Innovate Motorsports Air Fuel Ratio gauge with wideband controller and oxygen sensor
- Lindsey racing adjustable Fuel Pressure Regulator

I have recently replaced the Fabspeed straight pipe with a catalytic converter to pass smog, which is what is currently installed. The straight pipe will be included so the new owner can install it should he/she wish to do so.

Everything works except for the radio (not connected), AC (never had it converted to R-134A), the electric side view mirrors, and the windshield washers (bottle has a crack).

A previous owner had some audio equipment installed in the trunk of the car, which you can see in the photos, however the radio is currently not hooked up. There is also a SS K40 radar detector installed on the dash, which is not hooked up either.

This 951S is in very good condition inside and out. I am not sure if the car has ever been resprayed (it is not in the records I have), however the Guards Red paint is in overall very good condition. It has had transparent protective stickers applied to the front fascia, hood, and side mirrors to protect them from chipping. After so many years, there is some tiny bubbling underneath these protective stickers and some chipping has occurred. There are a few little dings and scratches but really nothing major. Also the spoiler has some cracking in the paint and some of the weather-stripping is a little dry. I am including photos detailing all the above.

The interior is in very good condition as well. There is some scuffing and seam separation in the front seats from use and the rear seats are in perfect condition.

The dash looks very nice with just one small, hard to notice, crack on the passenger side. The clock along with all the dials and lights work perfectly. The front windshield has a small rock chip in it.

This 951S is optioned as follows:

030 – Club Sport Package
220 – Limited Slip Differential
288 - Headlight Washers
437 - Full Power Seat Left
438 - Full Power Seat Right
454 – Automatic Speed Control
490 – Sound Package
494 – Amplifier System
573 – Air Conditioning
593 – Anti-Lock Braking System (ABS)
650 – Electrical Sunroof
946 – Partial Leather Seats Front

This 1988 944 Turbo S comes with a clean California title and has recently been smogged. Here you can find a link to the CarFax for this car:

http://www.igorbertolucci.com/198894...58JN151748.pdf

My asking price is $22,000.00. The car is located in Burlingame, California.
I am available to show the car in the evenings after 7PM and on Sundays all day. I work all other days and times.
My name is Igor and you can contact me at 650-798-7011. Please, only serious inquiries.

Please see all the detailed photos below and the YouTube links at the bottom for videos on cold starting, engine idling and exhaust revving.

Thank you for viewing.

Cheers,
Igor

Cold start:

Engine Idling:

Exhaust Revving:

Last edited by samana76; 04-05-2017 at 05:38 PM.
Old 04-09-2017, 05:37 PM
samana76
Advanced

Hello everyone,

Thank you all for your interest in my 1988 944 Turbo S. I have now listed it on eBay. You can find it here: http://www.ebay.com/itm/1988-Porsche...FY6oIM&vxp=mtr

Good luck to anyone wanting to bid.

Cheers,
Igor
Old 04-23-2017, 08:20 PM
samana76
Advanced

SOLD!

Thank you Rennlist.

Quick Reply: 1988 944 Turbo S in Guards Red/Black Interior