Spec Boxsters For info sharing on this exciting new class

Looking for SPB - buy or trade for a 911

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-2013, 10:44 PM
mmporsche
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Looking for SPB - buy or trade for a 911

Hello, I am looking to get back into racing. I raced in PCA, NASA and SCCA for 8 years and hung up my helmet in 2009 due to work travel. I am now looking to get back into the mix in the SPB class. Ideally, I will find someone looking to make a trade but not necessary. I have a 1989, last year, 911 Carrera 3.2 that I put about $15K into in the last 4 months. I am finding the DE experience isn't for me after racing for so many years. I built it to be a barely street legal DE car but it still has A/C. Exceptional cosmetic and mechanical condition

What I am looking for in an SPB:
The car should be fairly fresh, not raced for 3+ years, so let me know what you have or know of please. Preferably in the western U.S. since I am in Denver, CO.

I am also open to suggestions on good builders in the country. I found a few like Patrick and tuneRS Motorsports and they are very proud of their creations.

Thank you in advance,

MM
Old 09-03-2013, 03:16 AM
Vonschmidt
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

There are some great cars available check here and racing junk.
Old 09-03-2013, 09:11 AM
BigKraut
Instructor

PM sent
Old 09-15-2013, 11:26 PM
mmporsche
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Through some very good luck, John Gladwell heard about a newly built SPB in the Northeast that has 0 miles but the owner needed to sell. I am having some final prep done before it arrives next Sunday in Denver and this will give me just enough time to practice a day or two before Hallett. Looking forward to my return to racing after a 4 year hiatus with some of my old friends in PCA.
Old 09-16-2013, 05:08 PM
gums
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Good for you, MM. Be sure to post some pictures, I'm wondering if I know this car.
Best of luck.
Old 09-17-2013, 07:36 PM
Paul 996
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Congrats on the purchase. I heard from Sloan that you bought his car. He was running around last week buying up wheels and bits you wanted so that he could get it shipped to you.

Good luck at Hallett.

-Paul

Originally Posted by mmporsche
Through some very good luck, John Gladwell heard about a newly built SPB in the Northeast that has 0 miles but the owner needed to sell. I am having some final prep done before it arrives next Sunday in Denver and this will give me just enough time to practice a day or two before Hallett. Looking forward to my return to racing after a 4 year hiatus with some of my old friends in PCA.
Old 09-17-2013, 10:15 PM
Vonschmidt
Rennlist Member

Good luck and welcome back

Quick Reply: Looking for SPB - buy or trade for a 911