48hrs at sebring in car videos SPB sprint races

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2016, 10:42 AM
mannym5
Rennlist Member

Received 12 Likes on 7 Posts
Default 48hrs at sebring in car videos SPB sprint races

Awesome weekend at Sebring..
Here are both of Saturday's SPB sprint races from my perspective. This was my first SPB race and first time at Sebring. It was great talking and racing with all the fellow SPB guys..Matt Muller, Glen Crawford, Sean Gibbons, James Counterman to name a few. All the guys at Provost and TuneRS were very helpful in sharing some tips/tricks as well. They also made me realize my setup can use some improving mainly in the suspension dept.

First race I did not qualify very well at 10th, but ended up finishing 4th partly due to Muller's incident, and partly due to a good race start by me. My best lap time during this race was 2:31.60. Had some nice battles with Sean's provost car and Glen kept the pressure on my tail throughout the race. Had a close call navigating through a 944 crash right in front of me at at 23:40 in the vid.

Second race after some further lightening and a new exhaust setup inbetween races I was pumped to get back out there! Started out well and had good pace keeping up with the top guys and then boom I lost 4th gear about half way through. Not sure of my best lap time here as race monitor was down. Looking back, maybe I am being a little harsh on my gear changes? I was pretty bummed about this, but that's part of racing.

Looking forward to Road Atlanta as I've never been there either.

Sprint race 1

Sprint race 2(half of it..)
Old 02-10-2016, 07:34 PM
toddlamb
Rennlist
Basic Site Sponsor

Received 36 Likes on 26 Posts

Good stuff, thanks for posting - hope to have our car done for Road Atlanta so we can play as well at our home track.

Can you shoot me some pics of the internals of the gearbox? Curious as to what broke. That will tell if it's driver induced or a design issue.
Porsche repairs, servicing, and upgrades / Certified IMS installer / PDK repair experts

Over 150 PDK's repaired and counting:
https://youtu.be/m54P_zisEcI

Old 02-10-2016, 08:11 PM
Streak
Perfect Angel
Rennlist Member

Received 165 Likes on 78 Posts

Fun video. Congrats on the first SPB weekend!
Old 02-13-2016, 10:07 AM
Mike in Chi

Lifetime Rennlist

Received 176 Likes on 112 Posts

Originally Posted by mannym5
Had a close call navigating through a 944 crash right in front of me at at 23:40 in the vid.
Very nicely done
Old 02-14-2016, 10:25 PM
chrisc
Burning Brakes

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Well done! Enjoyed speaking with you and your dad. You will love Road Atlanta!

Chris

(Black 924 S that broke early on Friday)
Old 02-14-2016, 11:35 PM
Strimdog
Rennlist Member

Received 151 Likes on 60 Posts

It was great running with you! Look forward to batteling more at Road Atlanta.
Old 02-25-2016, 08:17 AM
Stealth#31
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by mannym5
Awesome weekend at Sebring..
Here are both of Saturday's SPB sprint races from my perspective. This was my first SPB race and first time at Sebring. It was great talking and racing with all the fellow SPB guys..Matt Muller, Glen Crawford, Sean Gibbons, James Counterman to name a few. All the guys at Provost and TuneRS were very helpful in sharing some tips/tricks as well. They also made me realize my setup can use some improving mainly in the suspension dept.

First race I did not qualify very well at 10th, but ended up finishing 4th partly due to Muller's incident, and partly due to a good race start by me. My best lap time during this race was 2:31.60. Had some nice battles with Sean's provost car and Glen kept the pressure on my tail throughout the race. Had a close call navigating through a 944 crash right in front of me at at 23:40 in the vid.

Second race after some further lightening and a new exhaust setup inbetween races I was pumped to get back out there! Started out well and had good pace keeping up with the top guys and then boom I lost 4th gear about half way through. Not sure of my best lap time here as race monitor was down. Looking back, maybe I am being a little harsh on my gear changes? I was pretty bummed about this, but that's part of racing.

Looking forward to Road Atlanta as I've never been there either.

Sprint race 1
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gpzZdDXN9GA

Sprint race 2(half of it..)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yvhkcm9oneY
Nice!!!! Good line and dang those bumps.... Thanks for sharing. See you on track
Old 04-09-2016, 10:50 PM
FeuerRacing
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Going through some of my videos and ran across this one. This is the track record for SPB for Sebring that happened this year on Sunday warm-ups. This video should serve as some encouragement to re-break the record next year. But warning below...

My predictor had me at behind the track record by 0.20 secs going into T17 so came in really hot and tried to cut the corner with as much speed as possible. After I put on the brakes and got back to power and realized I was heading towards the wall so had to brake again to rotate the car even more - I barely hung onto the car as that part of the track is really bumpy. It worked out because I cut the corner hard and beat the record by 0.20 secs so that corner was worth almost 0.40 secs with that approach. However, it was crazy... This record can be beaten as it wasn't cold and believe with cooler temps you can cut another 0.25 secs on it. But if you're going to do what I did in T17.. good luck as I don't think I could get that lucky again.

Video Link:
<p><a href="https://vimeo.com/162223951">Sebring - Track Record for SPB (Porsche Club of America)</a> from <a href="https://vimeo.com/user26213673">Chris Drake</a> on <a href="https://vimeo.com">Vimeo</a>.</p>

Enjoy!

Last edited by FeuerRacing; 04-09-2016 at 11:15 PM.

Quick Reply: 48hrs at sebring in car videos SPB sprint races