Notices
Spyder/Cayman R Discussions about the 987 Spyder/Cayman R (2011-2012)

Aqua blue & tan Spyder

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-2012, 01:14 AM
Z356
Nordschleife Master

Received 109 Likes on 72 Posts

Originally Posted by orthojoe
Enough already! You two need to get a room or something. There's some serious bromancing going on here.
It was just a spring fling, nothing too serious! Amar has moved on to dating the folks with apparently more hair on their chests and leaded feet over at the gt forum! Now that is some 'bromancing'!

https://rennlist.com/forums/997-gt2-...dream-car.html

Saludos,
Eduardo
Old 05-30-2012, 01:23 AM
orthojoe
Nordschleife Master

Received 191 Likes on 94 Posts

Originally Posted by Z356
It was just a spring fling, nothing too serious! Amar has moved on to dating the folks with apparently more hair on their chests and leaded feet over at the gt forum! Now that is some 'bromancing'!

Saludos,
Eduardo
LOL!
Old 05-30-2012, 02:08 AM
mile2424
Rennlist Member

Received 159 Likes on 56 Posts

The leather on the top of the back of the bucket seats looks a little stressed though! By the way Mile2424, this is the way that 'Sand Beige' looks to the naked eye! In your fabulous shots of your own White/Sand Beige Spyder, the fine lens on your expensive camera always give your interior a deeper color that makes it look more like 'Natural Brown'. Aaron, do you see what I mean by looking at the Aqua/Sand Beige photos in the ad?
I see what you are saying Eduardo, sometimes my sand beige does appear like this, or maybe with the contrasting white of my car it also tends to give the illusion that it is darker. I do remember seeing some Natural Brown on the 996 style cars and that was a nice color as well. Either way, I think Sand Beige makes any exterior color look great. The only other cars I have ever seen on the web with sand beige buckets...

And I was wrong about the Aqua/Sand beige above...I found these screenshots I saved. Looks like the one I remember was pretty similar but in a manual trans. This was probably from around circa Oct 2010 when I got mine. (these pics look like an even lighter color tan! Need to teach these car salesman to stop washing out the true color.)

Old 05-30-2012, 03:09 AM
w00tPORSCHE
Drifting

Received 131 Likes on 60 Posts

Saludos,
Eduardo
LOL!
LOL x 2. You guys are awesome. I'll have to hang out here more often. Too bad. Too many RL sections to post and keep up and too little time.

Ed if you read through that thread which you linked. I still haven't ruled out a spyder to my stable. So the bromance is very much there .. Just dormant for now. That way you get to enjoy that beauty for a little longer. I am not courting you or your car by any means when I say that I can't get your spyder of my mind. It's simply the truth. It's just that given my recent move from yakima (dry weather) to Seattle, it will be a three month car for me given the PNW weather (summer time when it is peak Spyder season I go to India for one whole month) and I don't know if I could do justice to the car with my current travel schedule. I will own a convertible Porsche at some point in my life. There are only two choices for me. One is a 356 cabriolet or the other is your spyder. I really mean it. I hope I can convince you to sell it to me one more time in the future. It really is a special car for me. I meant to email you about my track car on of these days but you now know of that. Well I'll stop bromancing and go to bed.
Old 06-01-2012, 10:50 AM
the_vetman
Three Wheelin'

Received 19 Likes on 12 Posts

I'd buy this in a second if it was manual (what a beauty). Oh, and bi-xenons (what's up with that???)...

Funny how their description says "6 speed manual transmission" even though the summary up top and the pics clearly show otherwise. Ah well... the search continues.

Last edited by the_vetman; 06-02-2012 at 12:40 AM.
Old 06-01-2012, 02:08 PM
Marine Blue
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 801 Likes on 465 Posts

Originally Posted by mile2424
I see what you are saying Eduardo, sometimes my sand beige does appear like this, or maybe with the contrasting white of my car it also tends to give the illusion that it is darker. I do remember seeing some Natural Brown on the 996 style cars and that was a nice color as well. Either way, I think Sand Beige makes any exterior color look great. The only other cars I have ever seen on the web with sand beige buckets...

And I was wrong about the Aqua/Sand beige above...I found these screenshots I saved. Looks like the one I remember was pretty similar but in a manual trans. This was probably from around circa Oct 2010 when I got mine. (these pics look like an even lighter color tan! Need to teach these car salesman to stop washing out the true color.)

The Aqua Blue with Sand Beige, MT and Buckets was at the New Orleans Dealer. I tried to negotiate them down on the price but they weren't willing to budge much. It sold shortly after that and as far as I know their remaining allocation was taken by one of their sales guys.
Old 06-02-2012, 04:13 PM
Schmidts Cat
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by bensf
This is absolute torture! I'm still dumbfounded that Porsche won't let me buy them in sand beige after the fact.
Get the vin from that car and use it to order yours?
Old 06-02-2012, 05:11 PM
orthojoe
Nordschleife Master

Received 191 Likes on 94 Posts

Originally Posted by Schmidts Cat
Get the vin from that car and use it to order yours?
I looked into this once before and called suncoast about it. They could try doing it, but they were really vague about the whole process and they tried to make it seem like it would cost a fortune.. (??)

Another option is to buy the car, swap the seats into your car, or swap the parts from your car into the new one. And then re-sell. PITA, but so are getting those seats.
Old 06-02-2012, 05:26 PM
Schmidts Cat
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Get a broker to buy it, and resell it, no sales tax.
Old 06-02-2012, 09:26 PM
bensf
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I looked into this once before and called suncoast about it. They could try doing it, but they were really vague about the whole process and they tried to make it seem like it would cost a fortune.. (??)

Another option is to buy the car, swap the seats into your car, or swap the parts from your car into the new one. And then re-sell. PITA, but so are getting those seats.
I talked to three dealerships including Suncoast last year and they all said the same thing. Basically the GT2 Seats in black are available because Porsche saw a market for it and was willing to make it available fully assembled. In my case if I want the sport buckets in sand beige I would have to buy the seats as individual pieces and assemble it. This makes the final cost of the seats far more exorbitant than they are already.

On a happier note I found a product called Autocross Torso Harness made by G-Force Racing Gear. I'm using it in lieu of a harness. I tried it out at Sears Point a couple of weeks ago and wow what a difference. It looks totally dorky but I don't care because it works and the price is right at $19.99. It took a second off my best lap time there on the very first session and almost another second by the third session. I was less fatigued and my hands were not chewed up (I don't wear gloves) from supporting myself with the steering wheel. This doesn't work as well as a harness but good enough for now. Please don't laugh at me at me when you see me at Laguna Seca.

Name:  full_4290.jpg
Views: 230
Size:  37.5 KB
Old 06-03-2012, 11:53 AM
pedsurg
Three Wheelin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Relax guys, its got an auto tranny

Quick Reply: Aqua blue & tan Spyder