Sponsored by:

Dealer requested my build code

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-2019, 12:44 PM
lowpue
Rennlist Member

Received 537 Likes on 259 Posts
Default Dealer requested my build code

Well, per the dealers request, I had to provide my build code for an allocation of a turbo S. I guess that is a good sign. 😐
Old 09-13-2019, 01:13 PM
manitou202
Burning Brakes

Received 406 Likes on 158 Posts

Originally Posted by lowpue
Well, per the dealers request, I had to provide my build code for an allocation of a turbo S. I guess that is a good sign. ��
Same here. Based on ordering cars before, this seems to be the first step for each dealership so they can show "demand" at each location for Porsche then to begin assigning allocations based on the demand.
Old 09-13-2019, 03:06 PM
flexor76
Intermediate

Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts

Same here. Demand for a 500kw and 560kw.
Old 09-13-2019, 05:09 PM
evanevery
Racer

Received 139 Likes on 88 Posts
Thumbs down

Yup, same here. My dealer has my "demand order" (Turbo S PLDS93N6) and can't do anything with it until allocations are issued.

I'm being told that allocations should start to get issued in late October with associated deliveries beginning in April.

So, although Porsche has the Zuffenhausen production line up and running since Sep 9, they aren't handing out any allocations yet. Porsche is apparently building cars for showrooms but not buyers with money in hand. Given the quantity of people disappointed with the specifications and/or pricing, one might think that Porsche wouldn't want to squander the remaining enthusiasm...

Apparently someone thinks its better to have cars in showrooms rather than visible on the road with enthusiasts!
Old 09-13-2019, 08:01 PM
Reborn996
Pro

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Another way to look at it, since this is an all new production line maybe they want to use dealer demos as the QA test rather than customer cars that might share any build issues online. LOL
Old 09-16-2019, 11:25 AM
evanevery
Racer

Received 139 Likes on 88 Posts

With annual production estimates at 30-40,000 per year (after Blume's stated increase in capacity), that's a lot of cars being produced before committed buyers get theirs...

If we assume the info from Porsche NA is correct (allocations at end of Oct and deliveries starting in April):

- The line started running almost at the beginning of Sept (Sept 9)
- Assuming 6-8 weeks for transport shipping for the USA (Feb, Mar)
- That's conservatively 5 months of production that's NOT going into the hands of deposit holder's.
- That could easily be over 12000 vehicles... OK, its possible that the line's not CURRENTLY running at 100%, but still...

I understand that dealerships need some launch vehicles but this seems excessive, particularly given the waitlist and how long folks have already waited. Similarly, I had a deposit on a 2019 BMW i8 Roadster allocation well before the car was released and I literally had an allocation about a week after the launch. I could have gotten a car delivered in about 12 weeks had I not chosen to do a Euro Delivery at the same time I had some Ring training scheduled.

Why is Porsche not distributing allocations right now (even with extended delivery dates)? Are they not capable of doing the logistics and planning 6 months out?

Quick Reply: Dealer requested my build code