Sponsored by:

Seat Comfort/Overall Interior

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2021, 07:53 PM
Buddyc
Track Day

Received 19 Likes on 9 Posts
Default Seat Comfort/Overall Interior

I am coming from a Panamera and just purchased a Taycan 4S. I love, love, love the car in terms of exterior styling, drive characteristics and being an EV. However, I find the seats to be overly firm which is especially noticeable on a longer ride. I knew this before buying but was wondering if anyone had any thoughts on this. Also, I am surprised at those who rave about the interior. It seems a bit basic to me, especially compared to my Panamera. Any thoughts?
Old 03-04-2021, 12:29 AM
sexfiend
Instructor

Received 63 Likes on 43 Posts

Originally Posted by Buddyc
I am coming from a Panamera and just purchased a Taycan 4S. I love, love, love the car in terms of exterior styling, drive characteristics and being an EV. However, I find the seats to be overly firm which is especially noticeable on a longer ride. I knew this before buying but was wondering if anyone had any thoughts on this. Also, I am surprised at those who rave about the interior. It seems a bit basic to me, especially compared to my Panamera. Any thoughts?
You probably ticked the full plastic interior option by accident for +$1,800
The following users liked this post:
pokingaround (03-04-2021)
Old 03-04-2021, 01:03 AM
Buddyc
Track Day

I should have mentioned that I actually have the upgraded leather interior on my Taycan 4S but even with the upgrade could use improvement.
Old 03-04-2021, 01:13 AM
lowpue
Rennlist Member

Received 537 Likes on 259 Posts

Hmmm...makes we me wonder what the difference is befween the 4S and Turbo S since I am tryig to think about any surface that is not leather except for the b-pillar (plastic) and the glass surfaces. I really love the interior....can you be specific on which surfaces dont meet your satisfaction....I want to compare to mine.
Old 03-04-2021, 01:36 AM
Buddyc
Track Day

The upgraded leather on 4S is the same as the Turbo though the Turbo has small wood or graphite touches on the door panel which are leather on the 4S . That helps a little. It's really the overall look and feel compared to my Panamera. The Taycan just seems a step down and more basic, akin to a car half it's price. A few items come to mind. The door latch and trim around forward console cupholder are plastic. In the panamera the latch is metal. The panamera also has other elements of metal trim about the cabin and nicer leather in my opinion. Not all leather is equal. You can buy a leather couch for $1000 or $8,000 depending on the quality. Don't get me wrong, I love the car but would have liked a bit nicer interior for a car costing $140K.
Old 03-04-2021, 01:50 AM
lowpue
Rennlist Member

Well I am going to have to take a look when I return home from Texas this week. I have a Turbo S which may go beyond the turbo....but perhaps I opted for all trim to be black as well which I am super happy with...love the look of everything being black. Generally speaking, I am always really happy with Porsche leather Interiors, even my 991 Turbo S (my previous daily driver, had a marvelous interior....but I will check the Taycan and get back.
Old 03-04-2021, 01:54 AM
Buddyc
Track Day

How do you find the seat comfort? It seems a bit firm for my taste.
Old 03-04-2021, 09:28 AM
umwolverine
Racer

Received 128 Likes on 65 Posts

When you say 'upgraded leather', do you mean the Olea leather?
Old 03-04-2021, 10:13 AM
lowpue
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Buddyc
How do you find the seat comfort? It seems a bit firm for my taste.
Seat comfort seems perfect for me....but then again i am used to that because my other cars are even firmer...other than my 60s era cars which are more like sofas.,🙂
Old 03-04-2021, 10:45 AM
Buddyc
Track Day

No not Olea but full leather option. However most cars at this price point have a better standard Interior and upgraded interior.
Old 03-04-2021, 04:31 PM
Needsdecaf
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 2,540 Likes on 1,582 Posts

I've not owned a Panamera but spent significant time in several (with base interior). I honestly haven't found the Taycan to be much different.
Old 03-05-2021, 08:47 AM
lowpue
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Needsdecaf
I've not owned a Panamera but spent significant time in several (with base interior). I honestly haven't found the Taycan to be much different.
Yeah....i am with you on this...
Old 03-05-2021, 10:10 AM
Needsdecaf
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 2,540 Likes on 1,582 Posts

OP, on seat hardness....does your Panamera have vented seats and does the Taycan you drove have them? That can make a significant difference.
Old 03-05-2021, 12:27 PM
Buddyc
Track Day

My Panny did not have vented seats but my Taycan does.
Old 03-06-2021, 01:15 PM
Whoopsy
Rennlist Member

Received 1,177 Likes on 507 Posts

Weird impression that you get.

My Panamera turbo S is fully optioned, every surface that can be CXX-ed to leather I have it. Door sill, seat console, mirror, etc. It is actually exactly doubled the price of my Taycan 4S.

I purposely bought my Taycan 4S without full leather as that was just a test vehicle to see if I can stand the 'lack' of leather inside. So basically the 4 seats and the steering wheel are leather and the rest are plastic.

After 9 months with it, I can safely say I don't quite miss the full leather interior as much, it's 'livable'. The most obvious thing I miss seeing is the stitchings. But having said that, my next Taycan I am ordering, which is a Cross Turismo, with be a turbo and with those extra leather bits around, like B-pillar, visor and such. The partial leather interior of a Taycan is quite a ways better than those on partial leather 911s.

The door pull, hmm, seems solid to me, and I quite like the black one on my Taycan much more than the silver one in my Panamera.

The seat do feel a bit firmer, and also not as comfortable, but then again I only had the 14 way in the Taycan and full 18-way in the Panamera, which I will be ordering on my new one.

But really, the cheapest bit in the Taycan is the centre touchscreen, wish Porsche didn't cheaper out initially and put the stupid touchscreen there. Metal buttons, like those on the Panamera, feels much more luxurious.

Last edited by Whoopsy; 03-06-2021 at 01:19 PM.

Quick Reply: Seat Comfort/Overall Interior