Sponsored by:

Question on Race Tex

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2021, 02:21 PM
XTurismo
AutoX

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Question on Race Tex

I am tinkering with my build for a CT4 and wondering whether RaceTex interior is a worthwhile option at almost $5K. I'm not a big fan of leather, so my choice is between the standard interior and the Race Tex. The pictures from the configurator are not quite clear, but it does seem the standard interior does have some sort of fabric insert. In general, I prefer the feel and grip of a high quality fabric to that of leather. Any advice would be appreciated.
Old 04-07-2021, 02:31 PM
XLR82XS
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 676 Likes on 446 Posts

Standard interior options have a vegan/leather-free fabric material and I'm not a fan. I just ordered a car with full leather interior (black/red) but I do enjoy race-tex interiors especially when combined with the race-tex headliner.
My advice is get the race-tex you want. The interior is where you spend a lot of time and it better be to your liking especially when shelling out the coin for a new car.
Old 04-07-2021, 02:38 PM
Mike in CA
Race Director

Received 127 Likes on 67 Posts

Race Tex is very similar in feel and appearance to Alcantera, which Porsche has used for a number of years. The Alcantera in my GT3 was attractive and held up very well, in addition to being comfortable and grippy. I ordered leather in my Taycan 4S but I did get the optional Race Tex roof liner.

Personally, I think a Race Tex interior would be more special and look better than the standard interior but whether it's worth an additional $5K is something only you can decide.
Old 04-12-2021, 07:24 AM
riozilla
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Here are two pics of the Race-Tex interior in my Taycan 4S. I do like it and recommend.
Old 04-12-2021, 11:04 AM
pokingaround
Burning Brakes

Received 124 Likes on 93 Posts

Wow that really is nice...
Old 04-12-2021, 06:08 PM
XTurismo
AutoX

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Thanks for the pics. I love the look. Does it clean easily? DO you Scotch Guard it? Just curious as to how easy or difficult it is to maintain. Thanks again for posting these!
Old 04-12-2021, 06:13 PM
riozilla
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've only had the car for a few days, so have not spilled anything or had to attempt to clean it yet. I have some fabric scotch guard spray, I may try to carefully treat the fabric portions of the seats with it (so long as I can contain any overspray and be judicious with it so car does not smell of it). I'm sure that a proper leather seat is easier to maintain, in terms of spills, including the faux-leather seat bolsters that I have with the Race-Tex package. But with the fabric/mesh portion of the seat bottoms, I don't see those as being as easy to clean as leather. You would need to use a vacuum to get any pieces of crackers/food and be careful with wiping so it doesn't just mush into the fabric more.
Old 04-12-2021, 11:25 PM
ICU
Intermediate

Received 12 Likes on 7 Posts

Nice looking seats.you need to choose a better ambient color to match better than the white!

Quick Reply: Question on Race Tex