Sponsored by:

Allocation/Build wait times Cross Turismo

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-2021, 11:06 AM
TXSchnee
Racer

Received 185 Likes on 114 Posts
Default Allocation/Build wait times Cross Turismo

What sort of wait times have people encountered on the Cross Turismo? Just wondering how far out it is sitting now, with all the supply chain issues.
Old 10-06-2021, 11:38 AM
Whoopsy
Rennlist Member

Received 1,177 Likes on 507 Posts

Originally Posted by TXSchnee
What sort of wait times have people encountered on the Cross Turismo? Just wondering how far out it is sitting now, with all the supply chain issues.
For all intents and purposes the earliest build slots will be at least Jan/Feb 2022.
Old 10-06-2021, 01:42 PM
n2cars
Three Wheelin'

Received 233 Likes on 133 Posts

Originally Posted by TXSchnee
I was told 5 or more months
The following users liked this post:
AlexCeres (10-07-2021)
Old 10-06-2021, 03:36 PM
cometguy
Burning Brakes

Received 219 Likes on 154 Posts

I just posted this yesterday on another CT thread here on the same topic:

My dealership got my spec'd CT "fixed" in July; it took a month from production entry to production exit (straddling the Porsche August vacation period), then sat for a month before "vehicle completion" (I'm guessing waiting for items with delayed computer chips). It's scheduled for shipment this month, due at dealership end of October. We'll see... What's interesting is that it's still a MY 2021 CT; there's nothing like getting a new car at the end of "its model year", for that really-quick depreciation in a few weeks' time... I'm hoping it will have the Plug & Charge software built in and that it actually works; I don't want to have to use my cellphone for anything regarding public charging, ever.

With the chip shortage, I suspect that not all US dealerships are going to be getting CT allocations during the next 6-12 months -- and the ones that do get allocations are not going to get more than one or two.

Last edited by cometguy; 10-06-2021 at 03:37 PM.
Old 10-06-2021, 06:20 PM
mchrono
Three Wheelin'

Received 418 Likes on 260 Posts

The the '22's seem to be moving along OK all things considered. The leading theory (we don't know anything official) is that there was a specification or component supplier change for the new model year.
Old 10-07-2021, 08:05 PM
Visceral
Rennlist Member

Received 250 Likes on 113 Posts

9/8/21 order on a CT4S is estimated to be delivered Feb 4th, '22. I expect it will arrive here in Portland up to a month late (March Fourth), so that's 6 months, but when a friend recently went to the dealer, allocations were much harder to get.
Old 10-08-2021, 04:22 AM
mdrobc1213
Rennlist Member

Received 730 Likes on 400 Posts

I happened upon my allocation in July. Luckily dealer had one demo inbound which they agreed to sell me then got 2 more open allocations within a week later. Took the open one so I could build as I wanted it for a Cross Turismo 4. Other one was already promised. So both allocations for that quarter were gone within a week of them getting them both it seems. No others have arrived that I know of in my locale. Car won't arrive till early 2022 mid-late Feb maybe and is still on schedule but dealer acknowledged supply and chip shortages are affecting all of Porsche's product lines across the board. They're seeing them all affected so just said stand by and we'll see how it plays out.

As for getting an allocation..I hear its getting close to impossible for anything upward from a base Taycan and Cross Turismo 4 and 4S and Turbos were almost non-existent. I think my dealer had like ONE CT Turbo and that was it! Also they were getting MSRP for each one! No discounts!
Old 10-08-2021, 07:27 PM
Astraelraen
Rennlist Member

Received 45 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by mdrobc1213
I happened upon my allocation in July. Luckily dealer had one demo inbound which they agreed to sell me then got 2 more open allocations within a week later. Took the open one so I could build as I wanted it for a Cross Turismo 4.
I found a CT4 but the dealer is telling me they have to put it in service, its required by Porsche for them to have it as a demo - and they won't sell it to me. Was that your experience?
Old 10-08-2021, 09:01 PM
TXSchnee
Racer

Thanks for the replies, for some reason I didn't get any email notifications on them. I had emailed my SA on Monday, still crickets, so either they are ignoring it, or they have no answer. May call up to speak to someone else. Looking as though it would be well into 2022 at this point, which is what I was thinking.
Old 10-09-2021, 05:19 AM
mdrobc1213
Rennlist Member

Received 730 Likes on 400 Posts

Originally Posted by Astraelraen
I found a CT4 but the dealer is telling me they have to put it in service, its required by Porsche for them to have it as a demo - and they won't sell it to me. Was that your experience?
Negative....they had one arriving I believe in Aug/Sept and then another scheduled for a Nov/Dec arrival which they were gonna use as a demo and showroom car but offered to me if interested. Nice build but more than I wanted to spend and vehicle was already spec'd and past freeze date. So when they got 2 additional allocations a week or so later then I was offered the open one if I wanted it. But yes as I understand from my SA the CT allocations are very hard to come by currently at many dealerships in the US. If you find one with a commission #...I'd grab it as you may not see an avail car/offer anytime in the near future otherwise given current conditions.
Old 10-09-2021, 12:15 PM
mcipseric
Three Wheelin'

Received 19 Likes on 11 Posts

I got my allocation in May and it was delivered early September, about a month delayed from original delivery date.

My CT was delivered with only one key and a manual steering column.
still waiting for those items…..
Old 10-11-2021, 02:34 PM
Tito Gryn
3rd Gear

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default my CT is being pushed to the end of the year...

My signed my order on March 5th....
CT was promised for July 20....
every month it's being pushed by 30 days.
on Oct 1st it was pushed to Dec 27th delivery.....
and the explanation from Porsche Headquarters in Atlanta.... there are 3 campagnes missing. (Three Chips missing): remote control..... Tire pressure sensor..... and Telephone connector.....
besides these items.... the car is ready since July 10.
Old 10-14-2021, 04:26 PM
TXSchnee
Racer

I got on the waiting list at my dealer. Per my SA there are two others on the list, and they don't currently have any allocations, she thought about 6-8 months or more before they even get CT allocations, May put down a reservation with Lucid if this takes too long.
Old 10-14-2021, 04:35 PM
Mustache Science
Track Day

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

I got a CT4 build in August that locked almost after I got it, and the car is on a boat now. I'm in Texas, which appears you are too, and I just emailed nearly every dealership in the state (as well as AZ and NM dealerships). At the time, several has CT4 builds available, a few had 4S, and none of them had any Turbo or Turbo S builds. If you're willing to go outside your area, I would definitely consider it. Between the San Antonio, DFW, Houston triangle, there are 10 Porsche dealerships, and I wouldn't be surprised if one of them has a slot for you. El Paso also has a dealership if you don't mind a longer pickup, I've noticed that dealership often gets some fun cars that are dealer builds because no one snagged their allocation for desirable cars like Boxster GTS, 718 GT4, and Targas.
Old 10-14-2021, 04:54 PM
TXSchnee
Racer

Originally Posted by Mustache Science
I got a CT4 build in August that locked almost after I got it, and the car is on a boat now. I'm in Texas, which appears you are too, and I just emailed nearly every dealership in the state (as well as AZ and NM dealerships). At the time, several has CT4 builds available, a few had 4S, and none of them had any Turbo or Turbo S builds. If you're willing to go outside your area, I would definitely consider it. Between the San Antonio, DFW, Houston triangle, there are 10 Porsche dealerships, and I wouldn't be surprised if one of them has a slot for you. El Paso also has a dealership if you don't mind a longer pickup, I've noticed that dealership often gets some fun cars that are dealer builds because no one snagged their allocation for desirable cars like Boxster GTS, 718 GT4, and Targas.
Looking for a 4S CT. I am fine waiting some, it may be the supply chain issues are less of an issue sometime next year. Austin South is supposedly opening in the next few months and they will have their own allocations. I will consider expanding the search before I look at other makes though.

Quick Reply: Allocation/Build wait times Cross Turismo