Sponsored by:

Taycan as a daily driver

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-2021, 03:05 PM
walls99
Intermediate

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by ggreg911
Taycan CT is a fantastic DD. I couldn't be happier with mine.

Originally Posted by pokingaround
When you say you tried the 14-way seats, was that in a Taycan? I only ask because you mentioned concern about your size. I'm slightly smaller than you and couldn't get past the relationship between the B-pillar and the driver seat. In terms of getting in and out of the car, I found it untenable. I know lots of people feel differently obviously, and I absolutely love the car in general (would've ordered a CT to replace my Panamera Sport Turismo in fact) but really hated this. YMMV.

TL;DR - seat choice notwithstanding, make sure you get in and out of a Taycan a bunch of times
Thanks both for the feedback.

Yes, I tried the Taycan with the 14 way seats. Took me a while to adjust the seat position, height etc to get into a comfortable spot. You are spot on about the experience of getting in and out of the Taycan. It is really a pain, for me, my wife and my kids no matter if its the front or back. When I get out of the drivers seat, I have to bend my head, and while my right leg is hitting the steering wheel. my left side is hitting the B-pillar. Every time I get in and out, the car reminds me that I am not in shape, lol. But, having never having to get in and out of a Porsche sports car before, I shrugged it off as, this is may be how all Porsches are. The Panamara was like any other car. Once I got in though, it was a very comfortable experience, to sit and to drive and to ride in the passenger seat. One thing that I noticed is, with the way I sit, I feel like something is resting/pressing against on my shoulder blades or right around that area on my back, so I have to adjust a little lower in the seat to not have that feeling.

Old 10-08-2021, 05:17 PM
cometguy
Burning Brakes

Received 219 Likes on 154 Posts

The Panamera has suffered notoriously from air-suspension failures over the last decade; my first Panamera had issues with the air suspension.
I wonder if the Taycan's air suspension will be any more reliable...
The following users liked this post:
RONGLOS (10-13-2021)
Old 10-08-2021, 05:45 PM
daveo4porsche
Rennlist Member

Received 3,631 Likes on 1,777 Posts

Question

Taycan as a daily driver?
Answer: Yes, it's great - move on.

next question.
The following 4 users liked this post by daveo4porsche:
abatis (03-17-2022), AlexCeres (10-12-2021), PSPJames (11-28-2023), Sierra Mike (11-29-2023)
Old 10-09-2021, 01:19 AM
az2au
AutoX

Received 16 Likes on 8 Posts

The Taycan is by far the best daily driver out of all of the Porsches I've owned. It really isn't even remotely close. It is my 14th Porsche and I've had everything from a base Cayman to a Macan GTS to a Cayenne GTS to a 911 GT3 RS. The Taycan Turbo wins in virtually everything. I keep thinking I'll buy a 718 GT4 or a crazy GT2 RS for a fun weekend car. I'll start the search and then I'll run out of steam because I just don't think I'd choose to ever drive it regularly over the Taycan.
The following 5 users liked this post by az2au:
bettenmv (10-11-2021), Der-Schwabe (10-09-2021), kort677 (10-12-2021), Peter F (10-09-2021), superfast02911 (01-21-2024)
Old 10-09-2021, 12:08 PM
pokingaround
Burning Brakes

Received 124 Likes on 93 Posts

Originally Posted by walls99
Thanks both for the feedback.

Yes, I tried the Taycan with the 14 way seats. Took me a while to adjust the seat position, height etc to get into a comfortable spot. You are spot on about the experience of getting in and out of the Taycan. It is really a pain, for me, my wife and my kids no matter if its the front or back. When I get out of the drivers seat, I have to bend my head, and while my right leg is hitting the steering wheel. my left side is hitting the B-pillar. Every time I get in and out, the car reminds me that I am not in shape, lol. But, having never having to get in and out of a Porsche sports car before, I shrugged it off as, this is may be how all Porsches are. The Panamara was like any other car. Once I got in though, it was a very comfortable experience, to sit and to drive and to ride in the passenger seat. One thing that I noticed is, with the way I sit, I feel like something is resting/pressing against on my shoulder blades or right around that area on my back, so I have to adjust a little lower in the seat to not have that feeling.
Heh. Based on your answer I'm surprised you're not considering a Panamera Sport Turismo. You could always go the e-Hybrid route if that's important to you. But it definitely solves the ingress/egress issues, front and back. The Panamera is *just* larger enough to make a difference in that regard.

No hate here. I *really* wanted to order a CT to replace my Panamera but couldn't get past this.

Old 10-09-2021, 12:19 PM
mcipseric
Three Wheelin'

Received 19 Likes on 11 Posts

The CT is the nicest, most comfortable car I have ever owned!
I choose every option for comfort and technology.

I call it my Sanctuary of Serenity!

The following 3 users liked this post by mcipseric:
24Neptune (01-18-2024), daveo4porsche (10-09-2021), walls99 (10-09-2021)
Old 10-09-2021, 04:27 PM
walls99
Intermediate

Heh. Based on your answer I'm surprised you're not considering a Panamera Sport Turismo. You could always go the e-Hybrid route if that's important to you. But it definitely solves the ingress/egress issues, front and back. The Panamera is *just* larger enough to make a difference in that regard.

No hate here. I *really* wanted to order a CT to replace my Panamera but couldn't get past this.
I get where you are coming from, from an ingress/egress perspective. But what I am looking for is an electric car. Otherwise I would be all over the Panamara. Thanks.
Old 10-11-2021, 03:42 PM
pokingaround
Burning Brakes

Received 124 Likes on 93 Posts

I get where you are coming from, from an ingress/egress perspective. But what I am looking for is an electric car. Otherwise I would be all over the Panamara. Thanks.
Yup totally get it. Settled on a Model Y myself as a stop gap while things shake out in the EV market a little longer. Also have a Rivian R1S on order. I'd love an electric Cayenne though I gather Porsche will roll out the EV Macan first.
Needsdecaf (03-17-2022)
Old 10-11-2021, 03:46 PM
XLR82XS
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 676 Likes on 446 Posts

I'd love an electric Cayenne though I gather Porsche will roll out the EV Macan first.
They are: Macan EV next fall.
Old 10-11-2021, 04:20 PM
Archimedes
Race Director

Received 3,858 Likes on 1,902 Posts

Strange hearing the ingress/egress comments. I don't find the front of the Taycan any more difficult to get into or out of than my M5. It's definitely not like getting into an S Class Benz, but I don't find it noticeably difficult at all. The rear seat is another story, but I'll never sit in it and others rarely will as well.
Old 10-12-2021, 12:03 AM
kort677
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 238 Likes on 156 Posts

Originally Posted by cometguy
The Panamera has suffered notoriously from air-suspension failures over the last decade; my first Panamera had issues with the air suspension.
I wonder if the Taycan's air suspension will be any more reliable...
I'm in the 4s about 8 months, not a long time, I've had no issues with the air suspension

Last edited by kort677; 10-12-2021 at 12:04 AM.
Old 10-12-2021, 02:26 PM
Needsdecaf
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 2,540 Likes on 1,582 Posts

Originally Posted by Archimedes
Strange hearing the ingress/egress comments. I don't find the front of the Taycan any more difficult to get into or out of than my M5. It's definitely not like getting into an S Class Benz, but I don't find it noticeably difficult at all. The rear seat is another story, but I'll never sit in it and others rarely will as well.
It depends on how big you are, and where that height is.

When I first sat in a Taycan, I had massive issues with getting in. The combo of the roof pillar, B pillar and steering wheel plus the seat creates a difficult opening to get into. I had an easier time getting in and out of my 991 that I drove down to check out the Taycan.

Over time, and with the settings for easy entry being set, I've found it easier. But it's not exactly straightforward. But then again, I'm 6'2" and have more height in my torso than average.
Old 10-12-2021, 02:33 PM
walls99
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Needsdecaf
It depends on how big you are, and where that height is.

When I first sat in a Taycan, I had massive issues with getting in. The combo of the roof pillar, B pillar and steering wheel plus the seat creates a difficult opening to get into. I had an easier time getting in and out of my 991 that I drove down to check out the Taycan.

Over time, and with the settings for easy entry being set, I've found it easier. But it's not exactly straightforward. But then again, I'm 6'2" and have more height in my torso than average.
I agree. By the time I got in and out of the Taycan between multiple visits to the dealership, I got used to it after adjusting the seat to the best possible position.

Dr. G7 (01-28-2023)
Old 01-25-2023, 09:18 PM
muiz
Advanced

Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts

Deleted… posted on wrong thread!

Last edited by muiz; 01-25-2023 at 09:19 PM.
Old 01-26-2023, 07:42 AM
bluelines1974
Rennlist Member

Received 375 Likes on 190 Posts

I don't see Air Suspension as an available option on the Taycan CT 4. I found the following article that says it is standard. Can someone please correct me if I'm wrong.

https://www.caranddriver.com/news/a3...pecs-revealed/
Air suspension is standard on all Taycans except the base RWD model.

Quick Reply: Taycan as a daily driver