Good dealership for purchasing in CA

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-2021, 05:31 PM
buhhy
5th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Good dealership for purchasing in CA

Hey all,

I'm thinking about purchasing a custom order MY22 CT Turbo or 4S. I live in SFBA, CA but am thinking about doing PEC LA delivery so would be flexible with location. Which dealerships would you guys recommend? I've seen some recommendations for Marin and Fresno. Should I look out-of-state as well?

From talking to a couple nearby dealers, it sounds like allocations are hard to come by and I should expect a 6-9 month wait before delivery. I'm not totally jazzed by that since our current lease is ending soon. Based on that, should I expect to be able to negotiate a discount? I've seen some posts earlier this year about getting 5-7% off, but it seems like that is harder to come by at this time of year.

Thanks for the input!
Old 10-13-2021, 06:42 PM
armanslr
Rennlist Member

Received 173 Likes on 122 Posts

Call your local dealers, but more then likely in NorCal you will be hit with an ADM. Good thing is you are close enough to do the PECLA delivery as you mentioned. Call a few out of state dealers in small markets and you should be able to find someone to sell you one at MSRP. I don't think any dealer is going to get you a discount on a new order but you can always try.

Old 10-13-2021, 08:07 PM
frankchn
Pro

Received 343 Likes on 216 Posts

If you are doing PECLA delivery, then you should be able to do a nationwide search for allocations.

I doubt you'll be able to get a discount unless you have an existing relationship with a dealership at this point, but MSRP should be doable. You would want to know your spot on the waitlist for allocations as well as how many CT 4S / Turbo allocations they have gotten till now, and that should give you a decent estimate of how long it will take for your car to be built. Note that it will take 2 more months from the build date for the car to be shipped to San Diego / Benicia for delivery.
Old 10-13-2021, 08:25 PM
edkwon
Racer

Received 246 Likes on 97 Posts

I live in Socal but I was getting nowhere with Cross Turismo allocations with local dealerships including one whose SA was flat out giving me the runaround making me think they saved an allocation for me but ended up not being the case. After I called them out on this and got my deposit money back I was fortunate to find an out of state dealership who had a CT4S allocation so I placed my order with them and optioned the PEC LA Delivery experience so I didnt have to deal with logistics and pick up the car locally.
The following users liked this post:
mdrobc1213 (10-27-2021)
Old 10-13-2021, 08:35 PM
buhhy
5th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by edkwon
I live in Socal but I was getting nowhere with Cross Turismo allocations with local dealerships including one whose SA was flat out giving me the runaround making me think they saved an allocation for me but ended up not being the case. After I called them out on this and got my deposit money back I was fortunate to find an out of state dealership who had a CT4S allocation so I placed my order with them and optioned the PEC LA Delivery experience so I didnt have to deal with logistics and pick up the car locally.
Nice! How long did it take you from contacting the dealer to delivery? Did you run into any issues with tax or DMV tags with an out-of-state-dealer?

It sounds like I should look out of state as well. How should I go about finding trustworthy dealers with allocation?
Old 10-13-2021, 09:01 PM
armanslr
Rennlist Member

Received 173 Likes on 122 Posts

https://rennlist.com/forums/market/1272819

CT 4 allocation, December production

Last edited by armanslr; 10-14-2021 at 02:54 AM.
Old 10-14-2021, 12:05 PM
edkwon
Racer

Received 246 Likes on 97 Posts

Originally Posted by buhhy
Nice! How long did it take you from contacting the dealer to delivery? Did you run into any issues with tax or DMV tags with an out-of-state-dealer?

It sounds like I should look out of state as well. How should I go about finding trustworthy dealers with allocation?
I placed my order in May and scheduled to take delivery at PECLA in early Dec, so I cannot answer any of your questions yet, gimme 2 more months 👍🏻
Old 10-14-2021, 08:03 PM
mchrono
Three Wheelin'

Received 418 Likes on 260 Posts

lol yes Ed knows the drill

you will soon come to learn that "Good dealership for purchasing" and "CA" usually does not belong in the same sentence

with the opening of PECLA, its a lot easier for Cali folks wanting local delivery to get an allocation and avoid ADM
Old 10-15-2021, 12:41 PM
mcipseric
Three Wheelin'

Received 19 Likes on 11 Posts

can’t say enough good things about Walters auto group. They have 2 Porsche dealerships, Riverside and Ontario.

Originally Posted by buhhy;[url=tel:17723336
17723336[/url]]Hey all,

I'm thinking about purchasing a custom order MY22 CT Turbo or 4S. I live in SFBA, CA but am thinking about doing PEC LA delivery so would be flexible with location. Which dealerships would you guys recommend? I've seen some recommendations for Marin and Fresno. Should I look out-of-state as well?

From talking to a couple nearby dealers, it sounds like allocations are hard to come by and I should expect a 6-9 month wait before delivery. I'm not totally jazzed by that since our current lease is ending soon. Based on that, should I expect to be able to negotiate a discount? I've seen some posts earlier this year about getting 5-7% off, but it seems like that is harder to come by at this time of year.

Thanks for the input!
Old 10-16-2021, 12:51 PM
meyecul
Pro

Received 369 Likes on 206 Posts

Originally Posted by mcipseric
can’t say enough good things about Walters auto group. They have 2 Porsche dealerships, Riverside and Ontario.
Same here. Hit up Sherman Sims at Porsche Riverside. He will be straight fwd and not play games with allocations etc. If something is not truly available he will tell you. If his store is putting adm on a certain model, he will tell you. I have bought two cars from him, always flawless. Feel free to tell him Michael Shaller referred you.
Also, If you are on Instagram he is: sherman.porsche.riverside
Old 10-16-2021, 03:08 PM
Archimedes
Race Director

Received 3,858 Likes on 1,902 Posts

Originally Posted by mchrono
lol yes Ed knows the drill

you will soon come to learn that "Good dealership for purchasing" and "CA" usually does not belong in the same sentence

with the opening of PECLA, its a lot easier for Cali folks wanting local delivery to get an allocation and avoid ADM
Yeah this I a bit of an Internet myth. There are plenty of good dealers in California. Too often people put too much weight on one or two people complaining about a dealer, usually because the dealer didn’t bend over backwards and kiss their ***. There are more good dealers than bad in NorCal.
Old 10-16-2021, 09:00 PM
Drifting
Rennlist Member

Received 1,198 Likes on 638 Posts

Originally Posted by Archimedes
Yeah this I a bit of an Internet myth. There are plenty of good dealers in California. Too often people put too much weight on one or two people complaining about a dealer, usually because the dealer didn’t bend over backwards and kiss their ***. There are more good dealers than bad in NorCal.
the vast bulk of the user experiences on rennlist do not support your personal anecdote regarding California Porsche dealers.
dchang81 (10-16-2021)
Old 10-17-2021, 12:09 PM
RCorsa
Pro

Received 436 Likes on 196 Posts

I used to buy regularly (out of state) from a Pacific Porsche now Porsche South Bay until the SM left to go to Beverly Hills. The new SM and his team really screwed with me on my 992 Turbo S Order and 991.2 trade in this time last year so I went t elsewhere. I think Beverly Hills is actually pretty fair but they are in the same position as everyone will super low inventory and short allocations. A buddy of mine owns a large Cadillac/GMC dealership and he said generally in October he orders 30-40 2022 Cadillac and was told by corporate that he is only allowed to order 1 car for now! He actually gave me some good insight on the chip and car shortage and said he isn’t expecting to sell many new cars until mid 2023 so he is surviving on used cars (he gets at auction) and the service department…
mdrobc1213 (10-27-2021)
Old 10-17-2021, 02:11 PM
Archimedes
Race Director

Received 3,858 Likes on 1,902 Posts

Originally Posted by Drifting
the vast bulk of the user experiences on rennlist do not support your personal anecdote regarding California Porsche dealers.
Again, not true. Plenty of people on here have talked about good experiences with many of them, but people with axes to grind obviously post 10x as much, so the myth gets traction simply due to volume. Stevens Creek, Monterey, Fremont, Burlingame/Rector, and Marin are all good dealerships.
Old 10-17-2021, 03:47 PM
Drifting
Rennlist Member

Received 1,198 Likes on 638 Posts

Originally Posted by Archimedes
Again, not true. Plenty of people on here have talked about good experiences with many of them, but people with axes to grind obviously post 10x as much, so the myth gets traction simply due to volume. Stevens Creek, Monterey, Fremont, Burlingame/Rector, and Marin are all good dealerships.
There is some truth to that, but still oversimplifying your confirmation bias.

Regular RL posters with volumes of experience buying many many P cars in the last 20 years would not agree with that list.....starting with Mooty.

Quick Reply: Good dealership for purchasing in CA