Sponsored by:

Chalk love - looking for bay area dealer

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2022, 11:35 PM
Murat
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Chalk love - looking for bay area dealer

I'm in love with the chalk color and specifically a taycan in chalk color. Any dealers recommended in the SF bay area ? It doesn't look like any discounts should be expected but you guys are the pro's. You think it's possible to get any incentives?
Old 01-22-2022, 11:44 PM
Ambroos
Track Day

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

You're gonna be lucky if you find a 4S or higher with a reasonable allocation at MSRP. Incentives: not a chance.
The following users liked this post:
mdrobc1213 (01-24-2022)
Old 01-23-2022, 02:14 AM
Murat
Advanced

Originally Posted by Ambroos
You're gonna be lucky if you find a 4S or higher with a reasonable allocation at MSRP. Incentives: not a chance.
so best chance for a ~95k spec is msrp and wait 6 months?
Old 01-23-2022, 03:02 AM
Ambroos
Track Day

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

Your best bet is going to be talking to out of state dealers and choosing Porsche Experience Center LA delivery.

In Seattle the only thing I could find with an allocation early this year and no ADM was a RWD sedan.
Old 01-23-2022, 09:03 AM
itrsteve
Burning Brakes

Received 692 Likes on 384 Posts

Looks like somebody has a chalk 4s incoming

https://rennlist.com/forums/taycan/1...e-taycans.html
Old 01-23-2022, 12:30 PM
Murat
Advanced

thank you, that looks awesome, that seems to have ~30k of equipment loaded. Trying to keep it around $95k, anything above that is not really value to me.
Old 01-23-2022, 01:39 PM
Spyerx
Rennlist Member

Received 1,733 Likes on 1,061 Posts

95k is going to be a custom spec no dealer will order a car with a low spec.
call around all dealers outside your area too
shipping isn’t that much $, less than adm
you could do la delivery but delivery backup at pec in la is bad
Old 01-23-2022, 04:26 PM
Murat
Advanced

Thanks for all the feedback. Did some homework on this. My new config is at $115 here: https://www.porsche.com/microsite/po...px?c=/PNITI790
Old 01-24-2022, 05:07 AM
mdrobc1213
Rennlist Member

Received 730 Likes on 400 Posts

Originally Posted by Ambroos
Agree you're late to the party indeed especially if you're looking for a specific color and spec. You'll have to find an allocation avail which sounds like a base Taycan somewhere which in your favor may be a bit easier than say a 4S or Turbo or GTS. But agree your problem will be finding a dealers with one locally that is not spoken for. Likely you'll need to plan for a 6-12 mo wait. Just not many cars available...
Originally Posted by Murat
so best chance for a ~95k spec is msrp and wait 6 months?
Yep and likely due to lack of inventory an ADM may also be in your future. Search around alot and maybe also someone on the forum will have a lead for you also.
Originally Posted by Murat
thank you, that looks awesome, that seems to have ~30k of equipment loaded. Trying to keep it around $95k, anything above that is not really value to me.
If so they you probably will have quite a bit of wait in today's inventory and environment. Current trends seem to be if you can find a car on a lot or inbound with your color and options required then take it even if it has more than what you wanted IF you can afford it. A base car under $100k is going to be really hard to find as not many dealers would order such a car normally and now that inventory is soo constrained even more so as they can sell it easily most likely as long as its not too overloaded and expended.
Originally Posted by Spyerx
95k is going to be a custom spec no dealer will order a car with a low spec.
call around all dealers outside your area too
shipping isn’t that much $, less than adm
you could do la delivery but delivery backup at pec in la is bad
Yes was at my dealer Fri getting a sneak peak at my Taycan CT-4 I ordered last July...just arrived. EVERY car in the showroom was SOLD and had a sign on it. Current online inventory shows like 3 new Porsche's available for sale in inventory. Crazy times so good luck!

Last edited by mdrobc1213; 01-25-2022 at 05:49 AM.
Old 01-24-2022, 03:12 PM
Murat
Advanced

Thank you so much. What are the experts' opinion on path forward? I feel like price increase is inevitable. Theoretically increased supply in the future should decrease prices but we're not living in a theoretical world.
At the moment reduction in demand is less than reduction in supply IMO. in other words, just because there's a pandemic, and we're driving less, this doesn't mean we need less cars. I'm the only one in my circle who sold their 2nd car during the pandemic (and I'm seeing it was a big mistake now)
Also these days what ages the car is the technology more than mileage IMO. a 6 year old car means previous design and aged tech, regardless of mileage.
Would love to hear thoughts from experienced members.
Old 01-24-2022, 05:45 PM
ssiminou
Banned

Received 106 Likes on 70 Posts

Just PM'd you OP, my SA has a few changeable Taycan Base allocations, and you can do PEC LA. They're MY22, March production cars, so quick turnaround. Sold at MSRP.

Last edited by ssiminou; 01-24-2022 at 05:47 PM.

Quick Reply: Chalk love - looking for bay area dealer