Sponsored by:

24 Taycan Gateway Module Issue

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2024, 11:48 AM
C130
6th Gear

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default 24 Taycan Gateway Module Issue

Fist post here and I’ll try to make it as short as possible. Bought a new 24 Taycan a week and a half ago. Gateway module was part of the recall due to the “slave labor” issue. Dealer had the new gateway, thought it would be an easy update, and told me the car would be ready the next day after installing the new gateway and doing some software updates. I get a call the next day saying the car wouldn’t take any updates after installing the new gateway. They assumed the new gateway was bad and ordered another one and installed it last Tuesday but it didn’t resolve the issue.

They reached out to Porsche and was told they think it could be some other module in the rear of the car. Part is supposed to arrive today, 3/25. What’s strange to me is the original gateway module worked fine, both new (non slave labor) modules wouldn’t work. So, that has me thinking the new part won’t solve the issue but hopefully I’m wrong.

Anyone heard of or had this issue? Dealership said it’s the first time they’ve seen this and I believe Porsche told them they had not seen this issue. They gave us a loaner, a 23 Taycan, but it’s becoming pretty frustrating since I’m paying for a brand new car and it’ll be two weeks Thursday and still haven’t received the car. Dealership has been great, I’ve been very patient, but if the part today doesn’t resolve the issue I’m not sure how to proceed. They don’t have another Taycan I’m interested in.
Old 03-25-2024, 04:35 PM
raydog9379
Instructor

Received 36 Likes on 27 Posts

Originally Posted by C130
Fist post here and I’ll try to make it as short as possible. Bought a new 24 Taycan a week and a half ago. Gateway module was part of the recall due to the “slave labor” issue. Dealer had the new gateway, thought it would be an easy update, and told me the car would be ready the next day after installing the new gateway and doing some software updates. I get a call the next day saying the car wouldn’t take any updates after installing the new gateway. They assumed the new gateway was bad and ordered another one and installed it last Tuesday but it didn’t resolve the issue.

They reached out to Porsche and was told they think it could be some other module in the rear of the car. Part is supposed to arrive today, 3/25. What’s strange to me is the original gateway module worked fine, both new (non slave labor) modules wouldn’t work. So, that has me thinking the new part won’t solve the issue but hopefully I’m wrong.

Anyone heard of or had this issue? Dealership said it’s the first time they’ve seen this and I believe Porsche told them they had not seen this issue. They gave us a loaner, a 23 Taycan, but it’s becoming pretty frustrating since I’m paying for a brand new car and it’ll be two weeks Thursday and still haven’t received the car. Dealership has been great, I’ve been very patient, but if the part today doesn’t resolve the issue I’m not sure how to proceed. They don’t have another Taycan I’m interested in.
I just read your other post and had commented there before reading this post, a little confused.. Did you not take delivery yet? So you essentially paid for a car that hasn't been usable to you yet to drive off the lot? Seems weird to me. I've bought cars site unseen and paid for them / then had them shipped before... but all of them passed the PDI before it was mine.

I'd almost see if they can roll this deal back if this doesn't resolve it, and get a '25 in a few months if you hadn't even been able to move it from their lot. Not really fair that you had to close a deal and begin paying on a new car that isn't usable.
Old 03-25-2024, 04:42 PM
C130
6th Gear

I have not taken delivery yet. We agreed on the price and signed the paperwork on 3/15. It was late afternoon and I was told the car had to have a recall completed, part was there, and software updates and it would be ready the next day. I was given a loaner that same day. They replaced the gateway module, didn’t fix the issue. Ordered another gateway and still didn’t resolve the issue. They talked to Porsche and Porsche thought it might be another part needing replaced and that part arrived today. Service Manager called me around 1130 this morning and they were installing the part, haven’t heard back yet whether or not it solved the issue. Hoping it’s resolved. This is the exact color and option combination my wife wants. .
Old 03-25-2024, 04:58 PM
raydog9379
Instructor

I have not taken delivery yet. We agreed on the price and signed the paperwork on 3/15. It was late afternoon and I was told the car had to have a recall completed, part was there, and software updates and it would be ready the next day. I was given a loaner that same day. They replaced the gateway module, didn’t fix the issue. Ordered another gateway and still didn’t resolve the issue. They talked to Porsche and Porsche thought it might be another part needing replaced and that part arrived today. Service Manager called me around 1130 this morning and they were installing the part, haven’t heard back yet whether or not it solved the issue. Hoping it’s resolved. This is the exact color and option combination my wife wants. .
Fingers crossed all is addressed quick so you can enjoy the new car!
The following users liked this post:
C130 (03-25-2024)
Old 03-26-2024, 11:24 PM
C130
6th Gear

Originally Posted by raydog9379
Fingers crossed all is addressed quick so you can enjoy the new car!
Thanks, the part worked, picked up the car today. Forgot the name of the part but it was some type of rear module if I recall correctly. . I believe he said something regarding they weren’t talking to each other after they replaced the gateway module that is part of the recall due to where the chip was possible made. First time they had seen this issue, all of the others went very smooth.

The following users liked this post:
TC Cruising (03-27-2024)
Old 03-27-2024, 02:47 PM
Spyerx
Rennlist Member

Received 1,733 Likes on 1,061 Posts

Thats annoying. You have to "love" the complexity of these on board network and computer systems. I don't think people appreciate these cars have 30+ computers in them that are networked and communicate with each other. The gateway being the main bridge/router in the car. My 71 had zero, it has 1 now (motec), my 91 has 4 that are networked (ecu, abs, alarm, airbag), gt3 has about 20.... so it's only getting more and more complex.

Good it was worked out.

What is annoying is that we are here due to that supplier issue. Shows the complexity of the global supply chain.
Old 03-27-2024, 03:03 PM
raydog9379
Instructor

Thanks, the part worked, picked up the car today. Forgot the name of the part but it was some type of rear module if I recall correctly. . I believe he said something regarding they weren’t talking to each other after they replaced the gateway module that is part of the recall due to where the chip was possible made. First time they had seen this issue, all of the others went very smooth.
Glad they got it addressed!

Quick Reply: 24 Taycan Gateway Module Issue