Sponsored by:

Taycan Home Charging Issues

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2024, 12:35 PM
CarmineGT3
Advanced

Received 171 Likes on 31 Posts
Default Taycan Home Charging Issues

For the last four months, I have been getting a blinking red light on my Tesla home charger when I charge my 2022 Taycan 4S. I have had it for almost two years and this started happening suddenly at the end of last year. I have a Tesla charger because I previously had a Tesla and got an adaptor to use for Porsche. My wife has an EQS SUV and there is no problem charging her car with the same Tesla charger and adaptor and no blinking red light but on the Taycan I get the blinking light after 30 minutes or so and the charging slows down and the light indicates a high temperature. I took my Taycan to Porsche and they did a software update and told me there are no issues with the battery pack but I'm still having these charger related issues and the car takes much longer to charge than ever before. Any advice or recommendations? I don't mind changing my home EV charger but again I have no issues charging my wife's EV or our Tesla.
Old 03-28-2024, 02:35 PM
CarAholic
Rennlist Member

Received 169 Likes on 108 Posts

Originally Posted by CarmineGT3
For the last four months, I have been getting a blinking red light on my Tesla home charger when I charge my 2022 Taycan 4S. I have had it for almost two years and this started happening suddenly at the end of last year. I have a Tesla charger because I previously had a Tesla and got an adaptor to use for Porsche. My wife has an EQS SUV and there is no problem charging her car with the same Tesla charger and adaptor and no blinking red light but on the Taycan I get the blinking light after 30 minutes or so and the charging slows down and the light indicates a high temperature. I took my Taycan to Porsche and they did a software update and told me there are no issues with the battery pack but I'm still having these charger related issues and the car takes much longer to charge than ever before. Any advice or recommendations? I don't mind changing my home EV charger but again I have no issues charging my wife's EV or our Tesla.
Drain the battery to under 20% let it sit over night then charge back up to 100%. This will rebalance the cells and trigger any battery codes if you have them.
Old 03-28-2024, 10:18 PM
leftlane
Rennlist Member

Received 424 Likes on 288 Posts

Are you having issues charging the Taycan with any other chargers? Is your Tesla wall charger up to date?
Old 04-01-2024, 04:36 PM
sean4510
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Having the same issue with 2022 Taycan Turbo S. Using a JuiceBox40 home charger. We also have a Rivian R1T that has no issues charging. The dealer replaced the HV heater about a month ago because the heat wasnt working and I was told it may be the culplit for the charging errors as well. The last few weeks though I keep getting charging errors after like 15 mins of charging. I'm not using any charging schedules on the JuiceBox app or the porsche app. Every time I get the error I have to go into the JuiceBox app and click "Resume charging"...usually that works, but it inevitably errors out again shortly after.
Old 04-02-2024, 07:23 AM
CarAholic
Rennlist Member

Received 169 Likes on 108 Posts

Most likely it's the high voltage charger in the car that is causing the problems. I would do a cell rebalancing before taking it to the dealer. Codes won't trigger until that's done and not all dealers know to do it.
Old 04-02-2024, 08:16 AM
sean4510
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by CarAholic
Most likely it's the high voltage charger in the car that is causing the problems. I would do a cell rebalancing before taking it to the dealer. Codes won't trigger until that's done and not all dealers know to do it.
got it, thanks. How do you do that?
Old 04-04-2024, 08:56 AM
CarmineGT3
Advanced

Received 171 Likes on 31 Posts

Originally Posted by sean4510
got it, thanks. How do you do that?
Thank you!

Will try to follow your advice above about training the battery to below 20% and then letting the car sit for one day before charging up to 100% to see if that makes a difference
Old 04-09-2024, 01:05 PM
THEDOD
Intermediate

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Thank you!

Will try to follow your advice above about training the battery to below 20% and then letting the car sit for one day before charging up to 100% to see if that makes a difference
did you get this situation rectified?

Quick Reply: Taycan Home Charging Issues