Notices
The Rennlist Marketplace Porsche Vehicles & Parts For Sale
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ferrari 458 Racing Seats with Red Stitching (Large size)

For Sale

Old 02-21-2024, 10:41 AM
cooler2442
Rennlist Member

Received 1,264 Likes on 694 Posts

Originally Posted by Rob Mays
A 458 ;-) I just bought one, same colors, but Electric Seats. I am tall. These give me much better headroom.
FYI on the 458 I believe you have to go to the dealer and have them add the race seats to the ECU. I have a 458 paired with my 4RS but my 458 came with the race buckets.
Old 02-21-2024, 10:56 AM
Rob Mays
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by cooler2442
FYI on the 458 I believe you have to go to the dealer and have them add the race seats to the ECU. I have a 458 paired with my 4RS but my 458 came with the race buckets.
yes, but they may not do it. I have a work around, since mine is electric originally. Frank on Fchat did it without dealer help. I won’t do anything that does not keep original intact but will have to do some “custom” bits.
Old 03-11-2024, 07:59 PM
sqweak
Rennlist Member

Received 204 Likes on 88 Posts

Man, that's annoying as you beat me by a day @Rob Mays. I also just got a 458 in Texas that I need these for since I'm tall, haha! Would love to know what you end up having to do to retrofit them for an electric seat car.
Old 03-11-2024, 08:52 PM
Rob Mays
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by sqweak
Man, that's annoying as you beat me by a day @Rob Mays. I also just got a 458 in Texas that I need these for since I'm tall, haha! Would love to know what you end up having to do to retrofit them for an electric seat car.
Lucky Me! I bought the original CPOD and pugged it in. Just hid it behind the seat. The rest of it was pure dumb luck. Early cars with no updated to programming have a small relay that stay in harness to allow the steering column to work. I have literally done nothing but bolted in!! Perfect fit for me at 6’4”. They may be for sale some day, but I just got the car, so it may be awhile 😁
The following users liked this post:
sqweak (03-12-2024)
Old 03-12-2024, 07:02 PM
sqweak
Rennlist Member

Received 204 Likes on 88 Posts

Originally Posted by Rob Mays
Lucky Me! I bought the original CPOD and pugged it in. Just hid it behind the seat. The rest of it was pure dumb luck. Early cars with no updated to programming have a small relay that stay in harness to allow the steering column to work. I have literally done nothing but bolted in!! Perfect fit for me at 6’4”. They may be for sale some day, but I just got the car, so it may be awhile 😁
Love it, enjoy! Do hit me up if you decide to sell, at this rate I might end up buying that set on FChat in europe and having them reupholstered.
Old 03-12-2024, 08:07 PM
Rob Mays
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by sqweak
Love it, enjoy! Do hit me up if you decide to sell, at this rate I might end up buying that set on FChat in europe and having them reupholstered.
Hey Squeak, bear in mind, Ferrari will not support European seats in USA spec cars. That creates a problem. My dealer will help, but Ferrari will not and in some cases it makes the coding an issue.

Alternative #2 is to have drivers seat foam modified. Place here in Dallas can do it and I am sure others. Take about 2” out of cushion and sculpt to your desire. That was my alternative plan if I had not received the seats. :-)