Notices
The Rennlist Marketplace Porsche Vehicles & Parts For Sale
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

WTB 996 6-speed

Wanted

1999 - 2001 Porsche 911

02-27-2024, 02:00 AM | Replies: 27 | Views: 1746
  • 1999 - 2001 Porsche 911 - WTB 996 6-speed - Used - Manual - Coupe - Indianapolis, IN 46268, United States
    Closed
Rennlist Member

• Price
    Any Price
  • Location Indianapolis, IN, 46268, USA
  • Condition Used
  • Transmission Manual
  • Vehicle Type Coupe
Description:

I am looking to get into a 996 to putt around in as a fun weekend ride. I am looking for a car that is sorted, or priced appropriately if the vehicle has known needs/issues.

Mostly looking for a Zenith Blue Metallic (L3AX paint code) vehicle, but if a *good* opportunity comes up, I could be persuaded. Other colors that would be the most appealing would be Vesuvio Metallic, Viola Metallic, or Cobalt Blue Metallic.

The ideal spec would be an early build 98 C2 coupe, but I do know how difficult that would be to find.

Not looking for a cabriolet unless it is a '98 Zenith Blue car and includes the hard top with it.

I am willing to offer a $500 finders fee for anyone who can connect me with a seller that leads to the purchase of a vehicle. 

Last edited by Major Dash; 04-12-2024 at 12:45 AM.
Old 02-28-2024, 11:27 AM
lsemes
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default C4S cab w/hardtop

Originally Posted by Major Dash
I am looking to get into a 996 to learn manual on and to putt around as a fun weekend ride. I am looking for a car that is sorted, or priced appropriately if the vehicle has known needs/issues.

I have a short list of preferences, and I am willing to wait for an ideal vehicle for me. That being said, I am not one to shy away from a good opportunity.

Models:
Strongly interested in a '98 build C2 with ambers. A C4S would be up there as well, but probably out of budget. Prefer the 996.1 over 996.2.

Body:
I may have what you are interested in.
2004 C4S cab with matching seal grey hardtop. It may be a bit over your price range but checks all (and more) of your boxes.
third owner, clean Carfax and title, service records reflecting consistent conscientious maintenance, well optioned (exhaust package, leather interior in black, etc.); tastefully updated with 19" wheels, tinted windows, LED lighting inside and out.

Mainly interested in a coupe, but I could be swayed by a cab with a hard top in the right color/options.
Colors:
Extremely interest in: Zenith Blue Metallic >> Vesuvio Metallic >>> Seal Grey, Polar Silver, White
Not interested in: Red (any variety) or Meridian Metallic

I could potentially stretch the budget for a Zenith Blue aerokit car or C4S if that opportunity presents itself.

I may have what you are interested in.
2004 C4S cab with matching seal grey hardtop. It may be a bit over your price range but checks all (and more) of your boxes.
third owner, clean Carfax and title, service records reflecting consistent conscientious maintenance, well optioned (exhaust package, leather interior in black, etc.); tastefully updated with 19" wheels, tinted windows, LED lighting inside and out.
Old 02-28-2024, 02:35 PM
Major Dash
Rennlist Member

Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts

I can't DM you, but I would need additional information such as miles, price, and location. I am not particularly inclined to go over budget for something that isn't the perfect vehicle, but I'm still interested in more info.

Last edited by Major Dash; 03-25-2024 at 11:19 PM.
Old 02-29-2024, 07:15 PM
Viper1000
Rennlist Member

Received 148 Likes on 118 Posts

I have a 2001 C4 convertible. New Brembo rotors & ceramic pads, fresh oil, everything works as it should. Let me know if you are interested and I can IM pictures and other details.
Old 03-02-2024, 01:24 PM
phanattic
5th Gear

I am selling a 2000 C2 cab, Silver over dark gray, manual but no hard top - I bought the car two years ago from an indy as a fun weekend ride because I missed driving manual. Because it had minimal service history, I replaced the IMS, along with clutch and water pump, for peace of mind. The car has been trouble-free. This is a great example of a drivers car - clean, no accidents, with age and mileage appropriate wear and tear. The top is in great shape, but the window has turned opaque with age and has a small rip. I have both keys, books, mats, spare, and tools. 67k miles, asking $23,996, located in NJ.

I have not been active on the forum but happy to answer any questions.
Old 03-04-2024, 10:43 PM
Major Dash
Rennlist Member

Probably a nice vehicle for someone, but I am not too interested in a cab without the hard top.
Old 03-05-2024, 03:18 PM
stuttgart46
Rennlist Member

Received 27 Likes on 21 Posts

PM sent
Old 03-06-2024, 07:23 AM
mig.
Advanced

Received 16 Likes on 10 Posts

I have a 2005 boxster with 16k miles and 2007 turbo with 60k both manual. I then bought a 1999 v high spec Aerokit in speed yellow that needed work. It spoke to me. That car is so much fun that I now daily it, to hell with the work! All that can be done at a future point

It’s a great choice, getting a ‘perfect’ one is a great idea but don’t let that stop you from getting the right one for you. There is a whole thread here on rennlist focused on early build 996’s - I recommend you read through that and reach out to folks there. I found mine through autotrader - very easy to filter out what’s available and most dealers won’t know what they have

good luck.

The following users liked this post:
Major Dash (03-06-2024)
Old 03-10-2024, 04:17 PM
Major Dash
Rennlist Member

Adding a $500 bounty for anyone who can connect me to a seller.
Old 03-10-2024, 08:25 PM
husker boxster
Rennlist Member

Received 129 Likes on 68 Posts

Check out the classifieds on pg 26. Very nice '02 996 at a great price.

https://www.gprpca.com/wp-content/up...2024-FINAL.pdf
Old 03-11-2024, 09:23 PM
Major Dash
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by husker boxster
Check out the classifieds on pg 26. Very nice '02 996 at a great price.

https://www.gprpca.com/wp-content/up...2024-FINAL.pdf

Awww man… why does it have to be black? Any other color and I’d be all over it. Something about the 996.2 in black that I cannot abide by. The 996.1 with ambers in black is absolutely fine, though. Maybe it is how much angrier/sadder the front end looks on the 996.2.
Old 03-21-2024, 05:34 PM
Major Dash
Rennlist Member

Seen a few things, but no winners yet.
Old 03-22-2024, 11:51 AM
KSR1
2nd Gear

Originally Posted by Major Dash
I am looking to get into a 996 to putt around in as a fun weekend ride. I am looking for a car that is sorted, or priced appropriately if the vehicle has known needs/issues.

Mostly looking for a Zenith Blue Metallic vehicle, but if a *good* opportunity comes up, I could be persuaded. Other colors that would be the most appealing would be Vesuvio Metallic, Polar Silver, Seal Gray, and any variety of white.

The ideal spec would be an early build 98 C2 coupe, but I do know how difficult that would be to find.

I am willing to offer a $500 finders fee for anyone who can connect me with a seller that leads to the purchase of a vehicle.

Hi, I have a 1999 996 Convertible in Polar Silver with the red leather interior. It is a C2, 6 speed manual.
It has a transmission whine that my service team tells me would require a 3-5k project as it is likely a bearing issue. Exterior is in decent condition for its age with a handful of scratches that would need to be fixed if you want it to be very clean.
It is a two owner call, I bought it from the first user - a Professor at Sloan Business School in Boston in 2005, and have had it ever since.
It is reasonably well cared for, and only change is an after market AVIC wireless Car play / android auto radio. I have the original if of interest.
Located in Westport, CT.

Please let me know if you are interested.
Old 03-23-2024, 01:38 AM
Major Dash
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by KSR1
Hi, I have a 1999 996 Convertible in Polar Silver with the red leather interior. It is a C2, 6 speed manual.
It has a transmission whine that my service team tells me would require a 3-5k project as it is likely a bearing issue. Exterior is in decent condition for its age with a handful of scratches that would need to be fixed if you want it to be very clean.
It is a two owner call, I bought it from the first user - a Professor at Sloan Business School in Boston in 2005, and have had it ever since.
It is reasonably well cared for, and only change is an after market AVIC wireless Car play / android auto radio. I have the original if of interest.
Located in Westport, CT.

Please let me know if you are interested.
Thanks, but I am going to be holding out for something blue or purple for now. Polar over red is a killer spec.
Old 04-01-2024, 10:38 AM
Major Dash
Rennlist Member

Still on the hunt.