Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

parting out 08 cayman s motor and accessories

For Sale

2008 Porsche Cayman

03-06-2024, 12:21 PM | Replies: 0 | Views: 177
Rennlist Member

Description:

I have an 08 caymanS that suffered a failed rod and scored #6 cylinder. 

i am doing an LS 3 swap so i am selling all the parts off the motor, including the mounts, power steering pump, exhaust, everything. 

i disassembled the heads and there was zero metal particles or any evidence of any damage.  Looks like to filter caught all the particles.  they were mostly large chunks, not much glitter.   

the 1-3 cylinder bank is fine.  the scoring in cylinder 6 is bad enough it would need to be sleeved but would make a great core if you had a non repairable case half. 

I cant list everything here but am selling everything that was associated with the stock motor. so if you dont see it listed ask, i have all hoses, cables, wiring, etc. 

im open to offers. 

Picture Title Part Category Price Part Description
08 Cayman heads, complete. Accessories $2001 complete heads ( minus headbolts), including valve timing actuators. 
the heads were inspected and cleaned (internally) there were no signs of damage from the rod failure.
factory oil pan. Accessories $50 i also have the FVD x51 pan on another liting.
power steering pump Accessories $250 power steering pump, factory
oil cooler Accessories $75 08 cayman oil cooler
starter Accessories $100 08 cayman starter, factory porsche
engine cradle crossbar Accessories $60 the crossbar that the engine mounts to in the front of the motor
case halves Accessories $1000 case halves, banks 1-3 are perfect, #6 has bore scoring
flywheel Accessories $75 flywheel, serviceable condition
exhaust headers with o2 sensors Accessories $350 exhaust headers with cats and 02 sensors
catback exhaust Accessories $500 exhaust system ( without headers, they are separate).
slight damage on one of the bolt holes, nothing that affect use or gasket sealing.