Notices

ATC or Bravo for 18'-20' aluminum enclosed trailer??

Search this Thread

Old 11-22-2019, 09:22 AM
Raider89
Rennlist Member

Received 24 Likes on 18 Posts
Default ATC or Bravo for 18'-20' aluminum enclosed trailer??

I have seen a lot of ATC trailers, super nice finish, seems well built and endorsed by many car haulers in paddocks. I have recently discovered Bravo aluminum version, they seem to have similar fit and finish, but unclear about comparative build quality. The ATC Quest has 5 year warranty while Bravo Silver Star aluminum only has 3 year warranty. Both seem similar priced for size and options that I am looking for. Does anyone have experience for either to help sell me on one or other?
Old 11-22-2019, 01:24 PM
spg993tt
Three Wheelin'

Received 32 Likes on 25 Posts

atc will have far better resale value. brand name. i have had an ATC and Intech both very similar, near identical quality. i think intech is now a known name. just dont know about bravo.
and if i were buying your trailer in a few years, thats the question i would ask. lots of lesser known companies building trailers.
Old 11-24-2019, 05:09 PM
TRAKCAR
Rennlist Member

Received 1,588 Likes on 736 Posts

It’s OK quality.
i built this, it’s not a Goldrush, featherlight and the likes but you can build what you want, how you want it.

Old 11-25-2019, 02:53 PM
Sboxin
Instructor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Raider89
I have seen a lot of ATC trailers, super nice finish, seems well built and endorsed by many car haulers in paddocks. I have recently discovered Bravo aluminum version, they seem to have similar fit and finish, but unclear about comparative build quality. The ATC Quest has 5 year warranty while Bravo Silver Star aluminum only has 3 year warranty. Both seem similar priced for size and options that I am looking for. Does anyone have experience for either to help sell me on one or other?
I would guess the reason you are not getting responses to you question is there may not be any Bravo trailer owners in this forum . . .
We moved up to an ATC 24' enclosed used trailer last year from a Haulmark steel 24' enclosed and started with an open steel trailer 11 years ago . . .
The reason for ATC is quality and options (fully insulated, AC, cabinets, aluminum frame, 110 circuit ) - - - and I looked for a year locally on Craigslist . . . this may be the last trailer we buy for the 911 race car.

Wish you the best on finding your trailer,
Regards,
Roy T (Crew Chief - son's car)
Old 11-25-2019, 04:31 PM
Raider89
Rennlist Member

Received 24 Likes on 18 Posts

Trakcar - your plans look awesome, but extreme overkill for my 18'-20' limitation. My trailer is limited to 25' overall length so it can fit into my shop.
Sboxin - understand. I currently have 18' open ATC aluminum trailer and moving to enclosed. Was really hoping to hear from others about build quality comparison. I am less concerned about resale as I am getting best value. It seems as though Bravo is very similar, but slightly less expensive. I am looking for best value, not least expensive. It seems like ATC also has name association adder with its popularity.
Old 10-25-2022, 08:24 AM
billmrmi
2nd Gear

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Bravo

Hello guys, this is Bill from Millennium Trailers. We are a Bravo trailer dealer. Just as a reference Bravo was founded my Mitch Bender. He owned Pace trailers prior to their bankruptcy around 2011. We were also a Pace dealer. It is my understanding that Pace was either the largest or second largest enclosed trailer manufacturer in the US. As many of you know the 2008 recession caused a lot of stress to industries like the trailer industry because most trailer purchases are discretionary. The trailer industry was booming in 2006 and Pace expanded to more factories across the US, which turned out to be very bad timing.

With that said, Mitch has decades of trailer building experience and has a solid team. I am not sure if Mitch still races, but he has raced in the SCCA I believe. So Mitch has experience using trailers. All of the items I considered shortcomings of the Pace brand have been remedied in the Bravo product. Bravo does build smaller, value based trailers, but we have found their focus is on the race/car hauler business. Their aluminum Icon brand is very similar to ATC/Intech. If you look at the materials used to construct Bravo, ATC or Intech you will find similar specifications when comparing the high end brands and in general Bravo would offer any feature that Intech/ATC would offer. We have been working with Bravo since 2011 with very, very few warranty claims that are normally related to third party products used in the trailer's construction. Bravo uses top of the line components in their trailers such as Dexter axles. If you look on Bravo's website on the homepage they have the Big 10 plus 5. This will somewhat give you an idea of construction. It may be on a different post but Bravo also offers the new large escape door with removeable wheel wells, so they innovate on par with other premium trailer brands. The Icon model does have a 5 year warranty.

The bottom line from my experience you can't go wrong with an Intech, ATC or Bravo so buying any of these brands will more than likely lead to a great experience.

As far as resale value, the Bravo holds value well and the perception of holding value has two metrics. The percentage depreciated as compared to current new market and the amount of actual dollars depreciated, Bravo will have slightly higher percentage loss but because they start out from a lower cost basis you will generally take less depreciation on a Bravo in actual dollars terms. Depending on how long you keep the trailers, the value of these trailers tend to become very similar in the long run.

Normally when I leave messages like this they get deleted but I figured I would give this forum a try. You can PM me if you have any specific questions. Thank you
The following users liked this post:
aparedes (10-28-2022)
Old 10-25-2022, 04:40 PM
lowside67
Rennlist Member

Received 37 Likes on 27 Posts

Originally Posted by billmrmi
Hello guys, this is Bill from XXX Trailers. We are a Bravo trailer dealer.

Blah blah blah.

Normally when I leave messages like this they get deleted but I figured I would give this forum a try. You can PM me if you have any specific questions. Thank you
I wonder why these normally get deleted? Maybe because you are a non-paying advertiser just signing up to shill your products?

Mark
Old 10-30-2022, 05:38 PM
Mark Dreyer
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 636 Likes on 346 Posts

My next trailer will be a triple axle double stacker to tow behind my motorhome. Friends with similar Prevost buses who pull these big trailers say the towing experience is great.

The following 2 users liked this post by Mark Dreyer:
lowside67 (11-24-2022), mikew968 (12-09-2022)
Old 11-04-2022, 10:26 AM
ELange0322
Rennlist Member

Received 176 Likes on 105 Posts

Originally Posted by Mark Dreyer
My next trailer will be a triple axle double stacker to tow behind my motorhome. Friends with similar Prevost buses who pull these big trailers say the towing experience is great.

I gotta meet you Mark - I was SERIOUSLY looking into this at one point. Think we might both be signed for PBOC so will try to find you there. This set up (above) would be EPIC.
The following users liked this post:
Mark Dreyer (11-04-2022)
Old 11-04-2022, 06:14 PM
Mark Dreyer
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 636 Likes on 346 Posts

Stop on by. I plan to be at PBOC and my motorhome will be easy to spot.
Old 11-24-2022, 10:13 AM
mikew968
Rennlist Member

Received 40 Likes on 34 Posts

I have owned dozens of enclosed trailers over the years for my landscape business. We owned all of the brands like Pace, Hallmark, etc and for the most part they were all not that good. Finally we started buying the steel ATC trailers and they were the best I ever owned (for a landscape trailer). I had an aluminum ATC and sold that to buy an Intact and both have been very good. We bought 4 Bravo's this year. Took a long time to get them, and have had a few issues like everything not tightened when we received them to some frame/weld cracking. I really enjoyed talking with Mitch and hope they can consistently deliver the way he wants to. Right now I don't feel like they are at the same level as ATC or Intech but definitely worth keeping an eye on.
Old 01-25-2023, 03:21 AM
buzzyn
6th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by mikew968
I have owned dozens of enclosed trailers over the years for my landscape business. We owned all of the brands like Pace, Hallmark, etc and for the most part they were all not that good. Finally we started buying the steel ATC trailers and they were the best I ever owned (for a landscape trailer). I had an aluminum ATC and sold that to buy an Intact and both have been very good. We bought 4 Bravo's this year. Took a long time to get them, and have had a few issues like everything not tightened when we received them to some frame/weld cracking. I really enjoyed talking with Mitch and hope they can consistently deliver the way he wants to. Right now I don't feel like they are at the same level as ATC or Intech but definitely worth keeping an eye on.
@mikew968 Found a couple Bravo's left over from prior years that are a very hefty discount which is crazy compared to almost all other ones that are list or just a little off. Willing to consider them at that amount of discount but was the frame/weld cracking in consistent location?
Old 01-27-2023, 11:02 PM
mikew968
Rennlist Member

Received 40 Likes on 34 Posts

Buzzyn:

I didn't see the cracks and I believe Bravo took care of it. I will see it I can find out more.

Quick Reply: ATC or Bravo for 18'-20' aluminum enclosed trailer??