Notices
Vehicle Marketplace - Old A place for Rennlist Members & Sponsors to sell their new & used vehicles.
Mark this thread as Unsold
Cars Search
Keyword:

Year:
(Range)

Make:

Model:

Cont. Porsche Models:

Mileage (numbers only please):

Color:

Price (no $ sign please):

Private or Dealer Listing:

Location (Region):

Transmission Type:

Parts Search
Keyword:

Category:

Price (no $ sign please):

Private or Vendor Listing:

Location (Region):

Item Condition:

WTB: 2009 997.1 911 Turbo

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-2018, 01:32 PM
BrianSpilner
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Year: 2009
Make: Porsche
Model: 911
Mileage (numbers only please): 45000
Color: Any
Price (no $ sign please): $0
Private or Dealer Listing: Private Listing
Location (Region): Midwestern
Body Style: Coupe
Transmission Type: Manual - 5 speed
2 or 4 Wheel Drive?: 4 Wheel Drive
Engine Type: Turbo
Stereo System: AM-FM CD

Originally Posted by Nate2046

What you’re looking for is very rare. If the only thing holding you back on this particular example is the steering wheel option, you’re thinking about this all wrong.
You're right, but I can't stop looking! I will see what Pors9 site comes up with and go from there.

Would a sport steering wheel swap be difficult? Has it been done before?
Old 05-11-2018, 11:06 PM
tgmarks
Track Day

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Question.....aside from 09 being the last year, why limit your search to just an 09? I know it was the “last year of the metzger”, and pcm 3 is the other. Still fairly new to these cars so may be other reasons I’m not aware of.

Pcm 2.1 vs 3.0 debate is not one I really understand. Have both units to be equally pedestrian . I’ve had both and am just as happy with 2.1 vs 3.0. I don’t use nav on these cars or my car that is a 2018. Google maps and Waze much better via phone Bluetooth music easier to stream with pcm 3. Telephone capabilities of both are iffy. I’m so happy to get in mine and drive, that the radio is more than enough for me.

I do happen to know of an 07 PTS with 12k miles original owner. (Not mine). Fee free to message me for info.

Last edited by tgmarks; 05-11-2018 at 11:27 PM.
Old 05-12-2018, 11:33 PM
BrianSpilner
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by tgmarks
Question.....aside from 09 being the last year, why limit your search to just an 09? I know it was the “last year of the metzger”, and pcm 3 is the other. Still fairly new to these cars so may be other reasons I’m not aware of.

Pcm 2.1 vs 3.0 debate is not one I really understand. Have both units to be equally pedestrian . I’ve had both and am just as happy with 2.1 vs 3.0. I don’t use nav on these cars or my car that is a 2018. Google maps and Waze much better via phone Bluetooth music easier to stream with pcm 3. Telephone capabilities of both are iffy. I’m so happy to get in mine and drive, that the radio is more than enough for me.

I do happen to know of an 07 PTS with 12k miles original owner. (Not mine). Fee free to message me for info.
-2009 is the rarest (also last of Mezger as you already know)
-PCM 3.0 (looks a lot better than the older display)
-Interior looks updated like the 997.2
-Exterior is also updated slightly
-Sport Steerig Wheel

That’s all I can think of. I wish a manual swap was an economical option like on my E46 M3.
-
Old 05-13-2018, 03:07 PM
Skwerl
Rennlist Member

Received 306 Likes on 187 Posts

I sought out and own an 09 mostly because I think the 997.2 interior will age (and has aged) much more gracefully. The PCM 3 unit and black center stack may not have 2018 tech but the more cohesive design overall looks like it could be from 2018, whereas the gray PCM 2.1 column just screams 2005 to me, and it didn't even look good back then.
Old 05-13-2018, 04:02 PM
wheeler
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Skwerl
I sought out and own an 09 mostly because I think the 997.2 interior will age (and has aged) much more gracefully. The PCM 3 unit and black center stack may not have 2018 tech but the more cohesive design overall looks like it could be from 2018, whereas the gray PCM 2.1 column just screams 2005 to me, and it didn't even look good back then.
Yep...same reason I would want an 09 (or newer), hard to backdate after owning a .2 car.

Also the steering wheels swap should be easy on that Ruby Red car. Other than losing the function of the controls on the wheel I don't think there's much to do. I've done a swap on mine, redid it at Dallas Custom and reinstalled it.
Old 05-13-2018, 04:09 PM
USNA12
Banned

Received 31 Likes on 26 Posts

Be patient. My unicorn came after a long and hard 7 month search for a 997. GTS. Everytime I look at my bank account I think about selling it since I could make a bit, but then I start her up or just go in the garage and fall in love all over again!! Very true about the appreciation, it is starting.
Old 05-14-2018, 11:55 AM
MIKe30
Rennlist Member

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by USNA12
Be patient. My unicorn came after a long and hard 7 month search for a 997. GTS. Everytime I look at my bank account I think about selling it since I could make a bit, but then I start her up or just go in the garage and fall in love all over again!! Very true about the appreciation, it is starting.
Yes, agreed. Be patient. I found my ‘09 last year with 16k miles and was lucky to find it in Atlas grey which looks incredible in person on the turbo. I too go back and forth about selling but a drive here and there takes care of that.

Old 05-14-2018, 01:04 PM
BrianSpilner
Rennlist Member

Lucky for me, I have a lot of patience. I need to buy one somewhat soon-ish because appreciation is starting!

Quick Reply: WTB: 2009 997.1 911 Turbo