Notices
Vehicle Marketplace - Old A place for Rennlist Members & Sponsors to sell their new & used vehicles.
Mark this thread as Unsold
Cars Search
Keyword:

Year:
(Range)

Make:

Model:

Cont. Porsche Models:

Mileage (numbers only please):

Color:

Price (no $ sign please):

Private or Dealer Listing:

Location (Region):

Transmission Type:

Parts Search
Keyword:

Category:

Price (no $ sign please):

Private or Vendor Listing:

Location (Region):

Item Condition:

Cayenne transsyberia on EBay

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-2019, 08:00 PM
rsracing1
Track Day

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Cayenne transsyberia on EBay

Thought I would share Incase anyone is bidding on this car. Do a search for vin online “ WP1AD2AP9ALA40060” and these pictures show
up showing actual damage to car when purchased at car salvage auction. Have no interest in the car but recall seeing this while back when being auctioned and put two and two together. Thought best to show previous damage before this got repaired as seller is stating miner bumper repair vs what pre repair actually was

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?m...2F173959553002

here link link to auction site showing damage pics at auction
https://poctra.com/2010-PORSCHE-CAYE...o/SAN-DIEGO-CA

Old 07-13-2019, 10:42 PM
WGJP 993
Racer

Received 35 Likes on 21 Posts

Seller in the ebay auction clearly refers to it as being totaled by the insurance company and having a salvage title. So it appears he's being pretty upfront about it -- other than saying his "friend sold it to him," which could be questioned if he actually bought it from a salvage auction.
Old 07-14-2019, 08:57 AM
MGW-Fla
Race Car

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts

What makes this, or how can you distinguish, that the Cayenne S in the photos above is a Transsyberia model? Looks like a regular CS to me. Every Transsyberia model I've seen has the distinctive bright orange or lime green colored body accents/markings, like the side mirrors etc.
Old 07-14-2019, 09:56 AM
rsracing1
Track Day

Vin number states it’s transsyberia model also center all transsyberia instrument clusters has transsyberia written in it, few other tell tale signs if not using vin is Alacantra steeering wheel, grey side mirrors vs painted. But Vin ultimately confirms.

I have no pony in the race but out of curiosity i did check the vin against one I seen at a salvage auction as and the two vins match up.

The ebay auction does state salvage but felt it misleading when says it was s friends and only had bumper cover damage when actual damage also shows rear hatch and some side quarter damage.
May still be a good buy, thought I might be helping out any potential buyer to see full pre vs post pics and be able to ask owner valid questions prior to bidding
Old 07-14-2019, 11:33 AM
wisky
Rennlist Member

Received 87 Likes on 41 Posts

Pretty sure the Cayenne TransSyberia came in Black with Orange, Silver with Orange, and Black with Grey, and Grey with Silver - I suspect the Black with Orange is the most common.
Old 07-14-2019, 01:34 PM
francars
Three Wheelin'

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

The build using this VIN has Stripes/decals as option which are not on this car. Also it has the roof lights from factory and they clearly don't show on the pictures so someone took them off and put the roof rails. It does look like a transsyberia but lots of things missing or altered.
Old 07-14-2019, 02:28 PM
rsracing1
Track Day

Good catch on on the roof bars being missing at auction, figure the seller added afterwards, Does the headliner not need removed to install roof rails bars?

Originally Posted by francars
The build using this VIN has Stripes/decals as option which are not on this car. Also it has the roof lights from factory and they clearly don't show on the pictures so someone took them off and put the roof rails. It does look like a transsyberia but lots of things missing or altered.
Old 07-14-2019, 03:19 PM
LtCarNut
AutoX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Not all Transsyberia models we got were optioned the same. In my view the only reason someone should want one is if it had the off road package which offered rear diff lock and additional under body protection plates and the only way to make sure it has that package is to review the option codes for the specific vehicle in question.
Old 07-15-2019, 12:32 PM
francars
Three Wheelin'

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I believe the roof has already the railing to install the cross bars or the roof rails we see in this listing. So no need to remove the headliner. The only thing is they must have plugged (cover) the roof hole where the roof light bar was installed from factory. Here's thread on this subject -
https://rennlist.com/forums/cayenne-...light-bar.html

Quick Reply: Cayenne transsyberia on EBay