Notices
Vehicle Marketplace - Old A place for Rennlist Members & Sponsors to sell their new & used vehicles.
Mark this thread as Unsold
Cars Search
Keyword:

Year:
(Range)

Make:

Model:

Cont. Porsche Models:

Mileage (numbers only please):

Color:

Price (no $ sign please):

Private or Dealer Listing:

Location (Region):

Transmission Type:

Parts Search
Keyword:

Category:

Price (no $ sign please):

Private or Vendor Listing:

Location (Region):

Item Condition:

2004 996 911 40th AE 25k miles - ultra clean - Chicago burbs

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2014, 09:12 PM
clubracer6
Rennlist Member

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts
Default 2004 996 911 40th AE 25k miles - ultra clean - Chicago burbs

Year: 2004
Make: Porsche
Model: 911
Mileage (numbers only please): 24750
Options (Please check ALL which apply): Airbags, Air Conditioning, Alarm System, Antilock Brakes, Cruise Control, Foglamps, Intermittent Wipers, Leather Seats, Power Brakes, Power Door Locks, Power Steering, Power Windows, Sunroof, Traction Control
Color: GT Silver Metallic
VIN: WP0AA29984S621401
Price (no $ sign please): $38500
Private or Dealer Listing: Private Listing
Location (Region): Midwestern
Body Style: Coupe
Transmission Type: Manual - 4 speed
2 or 4 Wheel Drive?: 2 Wheel Drive
Engine Type: Fuel Injection
Stereo System: AM Radio

Limited Edition 40th Anniversary Porsche 911 #651 of 1963 is in excellent condition inside and out with less than 25k miles!
As most know the color is GT Silver Metallic exterior paint from the legendary Carrera GT. The package also included:
• Shot blasted polished 18-inch Carrera II Wheels
• 911 Turbo front bumper
• X51 package with 345HP flat-6 (25HP more than the base engine)
• M030 sport suspension height
• Mechanical Rear-Axle Differential Lock (LSD) I would never have a car without one… which is what attracted me to this model.
• Porsche Stability Management
• 40yr 911/Natural Grey Leather
• Heated seats
• Roof liner in Alcantara
• Polished tailpipes
• Side Rocker Panels extensions
• Full leather
• Aluminum look instrument rings
• Front and rear center console painted in GT Silver Metallic
• Special plaques on deck lid and dash (which shows the number in the series)
Options on this one include:
• Navigation
• Bose High End Sound Package
• Remote CD Changer (6 disc)
• Comfort Seats w/Power Package (heated)
Modifications on #651 include:
• Tinted windows
• Clear bra on nose
• iPod adapter in center storage w/possible blue tooth. There is a little mic located by the visor.
I have two main keys and the books, but no records or luggage.
The only imperfections are a small indent/ring in the clear bra itself and maybe 4 or 5 very hard to spot stone chips on the hood. Otherwise the car is outstanding! No paint work that I know of or that professionals have been able to see. Not a scratch on the wheels.
This car came up for sale at a dealer for a great price and I was thinking on buying a 911 at the time. I had just sold a race car and have been wanted to quit racing for a while, so this was a bit of a place holder so I would not buy another race car. Those of you afflicted with my disease will know what I am talking about. So the price was such that I knew I would not get hurt if I were to sell it. I had a PPI done and the only thing was the oil was slightly overfilled, which I had them correct. Shipped it up here to IL and put it in my heated warehouse where is sat until late March. I have only put about 600 miles on it now and I absolutely love it, but racing season started and there is no way I can sit out.
I just changed the oil again and cut the filter open (a little IMS paranoia) and it was perfectly clean. If I remember, I will get the oil off to Blackstone.
The car has had a pretty easy life before me. It has the original tires on the front (late 03 build date) and the rears are from 2006 and they both still have tread left! The brakes have good life in them as well.
I have done an autocross just last week and was hopeful that it would help with my desire to race, but it did not. A day to spend a total of less than 5 minutes of running does not cut it for me. I have also been giving it some good full throttle runs to clear it out a bit. Honestly have noticed that it runs smoother and stronger since I first started driving it. I always wait to the water temp is nice and warm. A habit I do on all my cars – just a habit from racing and turbo street cars I guess.
I have the title free and clear and the car has a clean car fax, which I can share with you.

At the risk of sounding cheezy - please check it out in person and please get a PPI. You will not believe how nice it is. Even if I was not going back to racing, I would sell it. It’s far too nice for me. If I had one, I would drive it year round, ice race, do track days. As it is, I keep putting this one back in the warehouse every time there is a threat of rain.
I have plenty of people who will vouch for me (some on here) but also in the Corvette, BMW, SCCA, NASA, Grand Am (racing not Pontiac) and other car communities.
I am sure I forgot a ton of things, but I needed to get this out there.
Trades? An MX5 cup car would be ideal, but any other NC MX5 (higher miles and ratty please) or a tow vehicle. 04 and up Expedition is what my target is, but not much newer than 07 unless is has crazy high mileage.
On to the pictures. I can get higher res shots of anything you want related to this car and even shoot a video if needed. I washed the car the night before I took the pictures, which is why there is rust on the rotors.
Thanks for looking!
Attached Images                
Old 05-13-2014, 09:16 PM
clubracer6
Rennlist Member

Few more pics - again please let me know if you want to see something else.
Attached Images           
Old 05-13-2014, 09:18 PM
clubracer6
Rennlist Member

Would also consider early BMW X5 of early Cayenne - both v8's.

Last edited by clubracer6; 05-21-2014 at 02:04 PM.
Old 05-21-2014, 02:07 PM
clubracer6
Rennlist Member

Also have a set of Carrera II rims in silver (like the ones pictured but not polished) with brand new Bridgestone RE11's. I may put them on this weekend, just need to get some center caps for them.
Old 05-21-2014, 05:20 PM
MSRPorsche
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey Alex.
Is the 40th still available? I had one of these and regret selling it. Perhaps we can visit by phone for a few minutes?
Mike
Old 05-21-2014, 09:24 PM
clubracer6
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by MSRPorsche
Hey Alex. Is the 40th still available? I had one of these and regret selling it. Perhaps we can visit by phone for a few minutes? Mike
pm sent and just in case to others, feel free to email me at my screen name here with @aol.com or call me at 224-622-8900
Old 05-26-2014, 11:44 PM
TAZ40JAHRE
Rennlist Member

Received 31 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by clubracer6
pm sent and just in case to others, feel free to email me at my screen name here with @aol.com or call me at 224-622-8900
Alex - just wanted to wish you the best with the sale. Hate to lose a 40AE from the Midwest but I'm sure that the next owner is going to be thrilled with the condition and low miles of your car. Good luck with your racing endeavors.

Originally Posted by MSRPorsche
Hey Alex.
Is the 40th still available? I had one of these and regret selling it. Perhaps we can visit by phone for a few minutes?
Mike
Mike - it would be great if this works out and you get back to 40AE ownership. I'm going to send you a PM about your former 40AE because I'd like a little info for purposes of updating the 40AE registry. Please take a look at it when you get a chance.

Thanks.

Ted
Old 05-28-2014, 05:53 PM
clubracer6
Rennlist Member

Hi Taz, Thanks for the note of support. It’s not lost yet – I get more and more attached with every passing mile and I fear that I might regret letting it go. When I put it up here for sale, I planned on doing eBay, Autotrader and Craigslist as well, but have not been motivated to do so and right now have no immediate plans to do so. Honestly, I think more and more about selling my BMW, which I love to death and just keep this. We’ll see how it pans out. :-)
Old 06-26-2014, 01:53 AM
clubracer6
Rennlist Member

37900 - far and away one of the better low mileage 40th anniversary cars out there. 25k miles!
Old 07-08-2014, 04:53 PM
clubracer6
Rennlist Member

Will also include the newer tires on the factory polished rims. Bridgestone RE11's with under 200 miles on them now. Current mileage 25700. As you can see it spends far too much time in here.
Attached Images  
Old 07-18-2014, 10:41 PM
clubracer6
Rennlist Member

Sold to a good local home... Tough day... Considering a 40th AE? Don't hesitate, one of the best modern 911's out there. IMO
Old 07-18-2014, 11:48 PM
TAZ40JAHRE
Rennlist Member

Mixed emotions for sure. I'm sure that you have a good game plan in terms of your racing endeavors, so you'll have plenty of joy on the track, and the new owner of your old 40AE will have plenty of joy driving that wonderful machine. Best wishes.

PS - I'm going to send you a PM so check there
Old 07-19-2014, 01:36 AM
Fracture
Rennlist Member

Received 252 Likes on 173 Posts

First post and the new caretaker of this vehicle.

clubracer6 answered inside of 12 hours when I found this 911 about 12 miles from my home.
It was stored/nurtured/loved 2 miles away.

We made a phone appointment, which led to an actual meet.
He took a hour out his very busy morning, and was very informative.

This is my first Porsche, and I think it's a winner, pretty much exactly what I wanted, maybe more.
No qualms about this vehicle whatsoever.

I will consider upgrades over the winter, but I have to dispense with a low mileage luxury vehicle.
3 vehicles will take you to the edge of depravity.

Looking forward to some meets and drives and meeting other Porsche owners, and btw I've been smiling all day.
Old 07-19-2014, 02:12 AM
TAZ40JAHRE
Rennlist Member

Default Nr. 0651's new caretaker

Originally Posted by Fracture
First post and the new caretaker of this vehicle...
Awesome! I'm so glad the car stayed in the Chicago area. Need more in the Midwest so that the guys in CA and TX don't have all the fun.

I'll update the registry to indicate your ownership. When time permits, even though we have several pics of your car from clubracer6's sale ad, post a few under your ownership. I'll post your good news on the 40AE Registry Facebook page, too, unless you beat me to it. Some of the folks on FB who don't frequent this board would like to know about her new owner. Congrats and enjoy that car. It'll be hard not to given the car's fantastic condition, low miles, and all the perks that the 40AE's offer. That smile you mentioned won't disappear any time soon.
Old 07-19-2014, 02:34 AM
Fracture
Rennlist Member

Received 252 Likes on 173 Posts

Thank you for warm welcome TAZ, the implied 'buyback' clause was discussed and agreed.

I'll get pics up soon, inside a week. I'm a little jammed up over the weekend, a class tomorrow and
my daughter will demand a ride.

Definitely glad it a 40th, built 911's hundreds of times @ Porsche USA and I'm glad that the X51 engine/power kit is there. I'm interested in the actual number of cars built/ordered with this option over the years. The power/weight is fascinating.
I still have a 2000 Porsche book / brochure, outlining the development of the water cooled 911.

Quick Reply: 2004 996 911 40th AE 25k miles - ultra clean - Chicago burbs