Notices
Vehicle Marketplace - Old A place for Rennlist Members & Sponsors to sell their new & used vehicles.
Mark this thread as Unsold
Cars Search
Keyword:

Year:
(Range)

Make:

Model:

Cont. Porsche Models:

Mileage (numbers only please):

Color:

Price (no $ sign please):

Private or Dealer Listing:

Location (Region):

Transmission Type:

Parts Search
Keyword:

Category:

Price (no $ sign please):

Private or Vendor Listing:

Location (Region):

Item Condition:

2014 GT3

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-2014, 10:55 PM
Zucc
Burning Brakes

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Year: 2014
Make: Porsche
Model: 911
Mileage (numbers only please): 488
Color: Guards Red
VIN: WP0AC2A96ES183100
Price (no $ sign please): $162885
Private or Dealer Listing: Dealer Listing
Location (Region): NorCal
Body Style: Coupe
Transmission Type: Tiptronic
2 or 4 Wheel Drive?: 2 Wheel Drive
Engine Type: Fuel Injection
Stereo System: AM Radio

One way for a dealer to handle a test drive request on a rare and expensive car is to tell the customer that you understand that there is no way you expect them to buy the car without a test drive. "Since I know that you are a serious buyer, we will go ahead and complete the paperwork". "if you don't like the way it drives after completing the paperwork we will give you your money back and void the contract". A good way to separate the real buyers from the tire kickers if you have some concerns about their ability or willingness to buy.
Old 10-21-2014, 12:03 AM
OldGuy
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 41 Likes on 6 Posts

With all due respect, this isnt a Bugatti. Come on! I walked into the Porsche dealership in Boise Idaho
and there was a Silver 911 Turbo S sitting there. I didnt really want to drive it, it was in the SHOWROOM. But after I talked to the sales manager and he knew I was a real Porsche guy he asked me if I wanted to drive the Turbo S, KNOWING I was looking 911S or GT3. We went out and had a blast. The car had 50 miles on it and was either $200k or just below it.
AND thats the way MOST if not ALL Porsche dealers have ALWAYS treated me. I have never had a problem getting a test drive in any Porsche I asked and sometimes NOT ASKED to drive.
Boise has like 5 cars, its not like it was the autogallery in Woodland Hills California (200 cars)
These are just cars and if you are a serious buyer you should be treated as such. I have had a 996 GT3 and a 997 GT3 and I would LIKE to drive a 991 GT3 before I buy it, and if I was in the market I probably would get the drive. Having said that. If I was buying from across the country I would buy it without a test drive. The GT3 here has 400 miles on it, Break in (by some people ) is 2000 miles so its going to be a while before you get anybody in that car for a test drive it thats what you are waiting for.

But I ask all GT3 Pilots, how many of you have driven a GT3 at a dealer and stayed below 4,500 rpms? Or the salesman if he was demoing?
I didnt think so
As far as This dealer is concerned I wish him luck on this sale, and I like some of the other cars he has there. I WILL call before I drive down however!
Old 10-21-2014, 12:18 AM
mulsanne79
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I can see the seller's argument.. However, not everyone has driven GT3 and perhaps wish to test drive one before signing off on anything. I had a guy to come look at my '01 TT and left with '11 GTS! Simply fell in love after I let him test drive it and din't care to spend the extra buck. So you never know. But that said, I definitely do understand the need to protect the low mileage on these expansive cars. I guess at the end it's about balance. Make both parties happy
Old 10-21-2014, 01:29 AM
sithot
Rennlist Member

Received 182 Likes on 123 Posts
Default Test Drive

A GT3 test drive? Finite inventory and a lot of buyers. It's a dealers dream come true and the last GT3 until 2016.
Old 10-21-2014, 06:50 AM
sin911
Rennlist Member

Received 711 Likes on 432 Posts

I think the selling dealer could have asked a refundable deposit instead of pressuring a potential client into a binding contract after a very brief drive. It's true these cars are not so cheap, but a serious buyer would not be afraid of putting down a refundable deposit for a well priced expensive car for any liability reasons. As they say 'put your money where your mouth is' This would separate any serious buyer from a regular guy walking in for a fun free drive.

If you're afraid of the client doing any damage to the car, that would be the best way I think.
Old 10-21-2014, 11:01 AM
JDHertz11
Race Car

Received 67 Likes on 26 Posts

Come on guys. They're operating a business and are insured as such. This is all part of running a business.
Old 10-22-2014, 12:52 AM
mooty
GT3 player par excellence
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 5,491 Likes on 2,272 Posts

well, one can argue either way. but most GT3 owners buy without driving it or even seeing it. and a little test drive aint gonna do you any good anyways. ppl date for years, get married then divorce. i guess "test drive" really worked out????

i test it after i buy it.
Old 10-22-2014, 05:58 AM
haivle
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I understand the car is expensive and such,but the person is spending quite a lot of money they should be allowed to test drive it at least a little bit to see how his or her future car of 170k before purchasing don't you think? It's like telling him to buy a very expensive jacket without trying it on to see how it looks on u. Tbh offer them a drive around the parking lot that would make them happy enough 😄😄
Old 10-22-2014, 09:17 AM
sithot
Rennlist Member

Received 182 Likes on 123 Posts

Originally Posted by mooty
well, one can argue either way. but most GT3 owners buy without driving it or even seeing it. and a little test drive aint gonna do you any good anyways. ppl date for years, get married then divorce. i guess "test drive" really worked out????

i test it after i buy it.
BINGO!
Old 10-22-2014, 02:28 PM
mooty
GT3 player par excellence
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 5,491 Likes on 2,272 Posts

i dont mind giving test drives. but my question is a 15 mile test drive wont tell you very much. unless the car is just a dud and beat. but then you should be able to tell by looking at it that it's a POS. of course, if someone will let me test driver 2-300 miles on track, on street, in traffic, try blue tooth, hwy and canyon, yes, then the test drive is meaningful.

forget GT for a minute. let's discuss some "lesser" cars that you can test drive easily. i tested cayenne TT, TTS, diesel, V6 and GTS. i think i bought all of them except TTS. after 2 year in each. guess what, i like the diesel the most. i dont use it to tow. but it just felt better to me. i will pay the same $ for it as a TT. but i only found out that "I" like the diesel after 20000 miles on it. so for ME test drive is not all that useful.
Old 10-22-2014, 03:29 PM
SF Sports Cars
Former Vendor

Hey all! Not trying to ruin the debate, but as this car sold last month maybe this thread should start over elsewhere
Old 10-24-2014, 06:13 AM
NYCone
Instructor

I asked if Sam would drive me around the block (I was concerned about the stiffness of the suspension), and was flatly refused.

I can understand not letting someone drive the car (sort of), but not letting them ride in it?

I have a build spot for a 2015 now, but I thought the response was odd.

Quick Reply: 2014 GT3