Notices
Vehicle Marketplace - Old A place for Rennlist Members & Sponsors to sell their new & used vehicles.
Mark this thread as Unsold
Cars Search
Keyword:

Year:
(Range)

Make:

Model:

Cont. Porsche Models:

Mileage (numbers only please):

Color:

Price (no $ sign please):

Private or Dealer Listing:

Location (Region):

Transmission Type:

Parts Search
Keyword:

Category:

Price (no $ sign please):

Private or Vendor Listing:

Location (Region):

Item Condition:

WTB - 964 or 993 with KMs on Odometer

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2015, 11:50 AM
Overdraft
Rennlist Member

Received 382 Likes on 207 Posts
Default WTB - 964 or 993 with KMs on Odometer

Year: 1994
Make: Porsche
Model: 911
Mileage (numbers only please): 70000
Color: any
Price (no $ sign please): $1
Private or Dealer Listing: Private Listing
Location (Region): Canada
Body Style: Coupe
Transmission Type: Manual - 5 speed
2 or 4 Wheel Drive?: 2 Wheel Drive
Engine Type: Fuel Injection
Stereo System: AM Radio

Hello all.

19 year PCA member who has had 17 Porsches is looking for a nice, non storied, air cooled Porsche - 964 or 993 series with (lowish) Km's on the odometer...so Canadian - or European history. Looking for a vendor who is not caught up in 'the market' and wants his/ her car to go to a good home as this one will stay in the garage for a long time. Please PM me with any ideas...and thanks for reading.
Old 01-10-2015, 09:44 PM
TarponOne
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Could you please explain "not caught up in the market".
Thanks
Old 01-10-2015, 09:58 PM
kreeshp
Rennlist Member

Received 18 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by TarponOne
Could you please explain "not caught up in the market".
Thanks
Ditto.

You have specific requirements = be prepared to pay market values for that car. Most (maybe all) sellers won't have sympathy for you if you aren't willing to pay that price because right behind you is someone who is.
Old 01-10-2015, 10:57 PM
mac993
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I'm hoping to pick up a 918 cheap from some owner not "caught up in the market".
Old 01-10-2015, 11:08 PM
kreeshp
Rennlist Member

Received 18 Likes on 14 Posts

Sellers wanting top dollar for their cars and sellers wanting their cars going to good homes are not mutually exclusive.

If I were in a position to sell my 964 or 993 to you, seeing your signature that shows your stable of current rides would NOT inspire me to cut you a deal. You are a 19 year PCA member who's owned 17 Porsches and own a 2014 991TTS and can very clearly afford to pay market prices, the same as everyone else.

Sorry but I'd be way more willing to give someone a deal on their first Porsche than sell it to be someone's 18th.

Good luck in your search.

Last edited by kreeshp; 01-11-2015 at 12:14 AM. Reason: edited for clarity
Old 01-10-2015, 11:11 PM
TouringTeg
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

What mileage range are you willing to accept? You may want to note if you are looking for a coupe/cab/targa, manual or tip.
Old 01-11-2015, 07:14 AM
TarponOne
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by kreeshp
Sellers wanting top dollar for their cars and sellers wanting their cars going to good homes are not mutually exclusive.

If I were in a position to sell my 964 or 993 to you, seeing your signature that shows your stable of current rides would NOT inspire me to cut you a deal. You are a 19 year PCA member who's owned 17 Porsches and own a 2014 991TTS and can very clearly afford to pay market prices, the same as everyone else.

Sorry but I'd be way more willing to give someone a deal on their first Porsche than sell it to be someone's 18th.

I think you nailed it!
Old 01-11-2015, 11:14 AM
Overdraft
Rennlist Member

Received 382 Likes on 207 Posts

Originally Posted by kreeshp

Perspective is interesting. I see my WTB post as opportunity that if I am a vendor with a (KM) nice car - that incidentally is legitimately for sale which some aren't unless you chase them - and who wants to sell his/ her car to a long time enthusiast who understands his/ her vehicle and who wants a smooth transaction....than I would be a WTB post I would reply to... and in fact, someone like me might actually be their target market. If one doesn't want to sell me a car because I own a TTS, they won't respond to my add I guess - but rest assured I am not asking for the hat to be passed on my behalf. In summary, just looking for someone who wants to sell a car, because it is time. I apologize if I have insulted anyone.

Quick Reply: WTB - 964 or 993 with KMs on Odometer