Notices
Vehicle Marketplace - Old A place for Rennlist Members & Sponsors to sell their new & used vehicles.
Mark this thread as Unsold
Cars Search
Keyword:

Year:
(Range)

Make:

Model:

Cont. Porsche Models:

Mileage (numbers only please):

Color:

Price (no $ sign please):

Private or Dealer Listing:

Location (Region):

Transmission Type:

Parts Search
Keyword:

Category:

Price (no $ sign please):

Private or Vendor Listing:

Location (Region):

Item Condition:

FS - 1989 944 Turbo (S) - almost a complete rebuild/up to date maintenance

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2015, 12:13 AM
Ben951S
Burning Brakes

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Thumbs up FS - 1989 944 Turbo (S) - almost a complete rebuild/up to date maintenance

Year: 1989
Make: Porsche
Model: 944
Cont. Porsche Models: 944 Turbo S
Mileage (numbers only please): 128500
Options (Please check ALL which apply): Airbags, Air Conditioning, Alarm System, Antilock Brakes, Cruise Control, Foglamps, Intermittent Wipers, Leather Seats, Power Brakes, Power Door Locks, Power Steering, Power Windows, Sunroof, Traction Control
Color: White
Price (no $ sign please): $10000
Private or Dealer Listing: Private Listing
Location (Region): NorthEast
Body Style: Coupe
Transmission Type: Manual - 5 speed
2 or 4 Wheel Drive?: 2 Wheel Drive
Engine Type: Fuel Injection
Stereo System: AM-FM CD

*Edit* Sold to a nice family.

I am going to list my 944 Turbo (S) for sale. I finally moved to North NJ and things are starting to settle out.

I will update this post soon, but if there are any early birds, I wanted to have this up.

In short...

1989 Turbo (all 89 Turbos are spec'd as Turbo S, meaning LSD, chassis stiffening brackets, M030 suspension and brakes, Oil Cooler, and trans cooler, harder 1st and second gears (AOR transmission).

128.5k (I've had it since ~90k)
Rebuilt K26/8, @15psi from Tim's turbos
Widefire Head Gasket - Engine pulled from car, new head, bearings, all gaskets, waterpump, timing belt, AOS Reseal
Rogue A-Tune
951S PMR Race Cam [256D, .470lift i/e, stock lobe center]
FabSpeed full 3'' exhaust, with FabSpeed High-Flo cat and straight pipe (V-Bands)
ProSport Electronic Boost, Fuel Pressure, & Wideband O2 (with output if you wanted to log)
2.5bar FPR + new fuel lines
Vacuum kit (Lindsey Racing)
Stock Wastegate
New DME Relay/C&R Sensors + Harness (Lindsey Racing)
AC Works with 'Fake R12' for 2 months at a time, will include refill kit and 2 or 3 cans.
Sport Seats (recovered)
New Windshield (2014, rock chip, insurance)
Refurbished cluster (correct miles, odo gear replaced, everything working/well lit)
Smoke tested and AFM resealed
New Master and Slave Cylinders, pilot and throw-out bearings, clutch (930s) disc has 3/4+ life left
Lots of other things I do not even remember, but most likely have paper docs or PDFs to support.

I have taken the car to Millville NJ (track) as a green student a few times. I did find a few flaws that have since been remedied with the above maintenance! I have gone back 1 or 2 times and had 0 issues, meaning the car is track worthy and reliable. Car has full interior/all creature comforts, it would be a sin to gut the car as a track only car...

White with black interior, pictures coming soon.

Only cons I can think of

1) repainted in 2006 IIRC, Looks good, but nose has rock chips as expected
2) AC needs to be recharged every 2 months or so, not hard, just annoying
3) Interior is worn in, new Lloyds mats would be a nice touch, dash is recovered but it could have turned out a little nicer, have Dash mat if interested
4) Small cosmetic mark on bottom passenger side rocker
5) The snow wheels/tires are 928 Sewer lids, painted black. Forged (lightweight and strong, but not pretty.
6) Sunroof works but one of the three micro switches that tells you to 'stop' doesn't work. Meaning you can open and close it, but if you would the switch past the 'close' mark, you will strip the gears
7) Car was hit in 2013 while parked, door-skin replaced and almost have car repainted/blended by Brandywine Coachworks in West Chester, PA. Clean carfax otherwise.

This is a great Daily or weekend car, or track car with comforts.

Offered at 10k with snow wheels/tires, filters, misc extras. Paperwork available for serious buyers.
And 15w-50 is correct for summer, 0-40 mixed in for winter

Last edited by Ben951S; 05-15-2015 at 11:56 PM.
Old 04-20-2015, 06:43 AM
Bmil951
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sounds very interesting, can't wait for pics
Old 04-20-2015, 11:33 AM
chadcorn
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I think we would all love pictures!! Sounds great!
Old 04-20-2015, 01:51 PM
Vmotion
Advanced

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Pics are needed. I'm in the market.
Old 04-20-2015, 02:27 PM
Ben951S
Burning Brakes

Getting a good amount of interest, so I'm going to take pictures tomorrow AM and put them up tomorrow AM.

I have pictures from last year, but as a car buyer myself, I much prefer 'today' pictures than those from yesteryear. To be honest though, it has been garage kept under my tenure (except most recently, which is another reason I want to sell, the car deserves better), and looks the same

I will do Exterior, interior, engine bay, etc. If there is a need for anything else, just let me know after I get these up.
Old 04-20-2015, 11:18 PM
clubracer6
Rennlist Member

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Seems like a very good deal.
Old 04-21-2015, 10:03 AM
Ben951S
Burning Brakes

It's raining outside so a quick shot. Will take more closer to lunch this morning. I gave it a rinse last night, so of course it rains this morning and has lawn mower people stuff from the highway stuck to it.

Yes, I need to clean the wheels...

----------------

Pictures from last fall. It hasn't changed, less than 2k miles since then... I will try to get some lunch ones today, but just for those wanting to see if this makes their short list...

See pock mark where rock guard should have been. The other mark in the middle is the factory jack point indicator.

Excuse the fingers

Dash okay from the top

Interior is fair

Rear carpet could use some black spray-paint, and is worn. Rear cover is in good shape and functional! (and black)

More fair interior

-- Answering questions from a PM--

Great questions and I'll update the post with this info too

* Engine work done because the throw-out bearing prematurely failed. Forum friend/tech wanted to pull the motor to get to the clutch, and said we can do all the motor work with it out of the car. I have a large list from Paragon-Products for what was replaced. Work was done 2013/2014 IIRC
* Paint job is 'good' in person. No overspray/run lines/garbage
* Hatch doesn't rattle, glass is not separated, doesn't leak.
* Gauges in the ash-tray, yes! I didn't want the A-pillar/rice super look
* Not sure what caused the gauge, was before my ownership and has not changed.
* Steering is normal and rack probably leaks as I do not have any service records
* Only idiosyncracy is that when it is cold (winter), car runs rich (10) for the first 10-30 seconds and then settles out. And vacuum at idle is lower than expected due to the cam, but pulls negative 22 'in-gear coasting'. Runs at 14.7 part throttle, and goes to a nice 10.8-11.4 WOT in 2, 3, and 4th

-- More PM questions--

Great questions and I will take those pictures in the next hour or so (might take longer to upload, going to lunch from there).

Rear seats are great as expected, and has folding rear.
Cluster is good, console came out fine. The recovered dash is fair at best.

No rust issues to speak of, a few rock chips might be down to the zinc, and I did notice the wipers (at some point prior to my ownership) hit the hood at some point and made some poc marks that have an orange/rust look (easy to touch up by hand, I might do it if I get a minute). That's the worst of it and naming everything I can. I don't want anyone to travel and get a suprise (been there, done that, it is frustrating).

Engine runs nicely (new plugs, wires, cap, rotor, dme temp sensor, once or twice under my ownership) , no flat spots (replaced the AFM, resealed, etc). Power I estimate at 280s. 250 stock, Fabspeed 3" full exhaust $$ (it's my car in the video on their site!), with high flow cat ($$$), rebuilt turbo, the motor work, and it's group 0 block. People say probably closer to 300, but I like to be conservative. It still has the 80s turbo lag, but the A-Tune and cam help reduce it.

Last edited by Ben951S; 04-21-2015 at 11:48 AM.
Old 04-21-2015, 12:37 PM
Ben951S
Burning Brakes

Special requests posted below! Sorry for the super size. They show details our eyes don't pick up and make things look worse!

Cluster shot (in the sun)

Previous owner wiper hits

Engine bay shot. Could use a scrub but very functional. =)

Rear seats - basically mint/as normal

Cluster/Console. It's not that dusty, honest!

Gouge mark. Finger for scale. Looks like some bug/tar remover would help clean this rocker up! I've been too busy to give this car the detail it deserves

Paint chip up under rear spoiler, been like this since I've had it (5 years, no change)

Quick Reply: FS - 1989 944 Turbo (S) - almost a complete rebuild/up to date maintenance