Notices
Vehicle Marketplace - Old A place for Rennlist Members & Sponsors to sell their new & used vehicles.
Mark this thread as Unsold
Cars Search
Keyword:

Year:
(Range)

Make:

Model:

Cont. Porsche Models:

Mileage (numbers only please):

Color:

Price (no $ sign please):

Private or Dealer Listing:

Location (Region):

Transmission Type:

Parts Search
Keyword:

Category:

Price (no $ sign please):

Private or Vendor Listing:

Location (Region):

Item Condition:

1996 993 C4S, Silver/Blk, 108k mi, owned 12 yrs, $48k in receipts, $57K FIRM

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2015, 10:25 PM
Steve 96C4S
Rennlist Member

Received 853 Likes on 435 Posts
Default 1996 993 C4S, Silver/Blk, 108k mi, owned 12 yrs, $48k in receipts, $57K FIRM

Year: 1996
Make: Porsche
Model: 911
Mileage (numbers only please): 108308
Options (Please check ALL which apply): Airbags, Air Conditioning, Alarm System, Antilock Brakes, Cruise Control, Foglamps, Intermittent Wipers, Leather Seats, Power Brakes, Power Door Locks, Power Steering, Power Windows, Sunroof, Traction Control
Color: Polar Silver
VIN: WPOAA2992TS320329
Price (no $ sign please): $57000
Private or Dealer Listing: Private Listing
Location (Region): NorthEast
Body Style: Coupe
Transmission Type: Manual - 6 speed
2 or 4 Wheel Drive?: 4 Wheel Drive
Engine Type: Fuel Injection
Stereo System: AM-FM CD

Hello folks,

Yep - my car is for sale. 1996 993 C4S, Polar Silver/Blk, 108k mi, 3 spoke steering wheel from a 2004 GT3 with silver crest and leather airbag, owned 12 yrs, about $48k in maintenance and upgrade receipts, $57k FIRM.

I guess I could ask $59,500 and then end up selling it for $57k if we went back forth on price, but I thought I'd just start at my FINAL PRICE for the car.

I saved every receipt since owning it from 59k to 108k mi. New clutch and flywheel at 59k miles and are still fine. It of coursed garaged at my house. It's been used as a garage queen for years and also used as a daily drive for period of time when I get bored with my four door. Never been tracked or smoked in, not that there's anything wrong with the track I guess. Tires were bought Dec 2013, Continental DSW Extreme Contacts. I have the manual, both keys and the immobilizers. A new immobilizer is on order at the dealer as one of the current ones got a bit cracked - should have it this week.

No top end engine work done on it or needed. No CEL light on (SAI fixed years ago). Just spent $3295 last week on various items though it still needs a condenser for the A/C and an R134 charge (I will not be doing this before selling it - was quoted $1010 parts and labor from ASG in Fairfax VA). Could use a new driver's floor mat (a 4 piece set is about $130 at dealer). It has wear at one point where my left foot heal rests. Mostly stock car but you can see pics for the slight upgrades. The visual clues will let you know what they are.

I know of nothing else it needs and it did have a full check up for everything on the car by Danny, the top 993 mechanic at Rockville, MD Porsche last week. They had it for a few weeks and checked everything out. They installed a new alternator and impeller hub, fan and alternator belts, and bearing for the fan. Also the fan half pulley, half pulley, and pulley spacer sleeve was replaced last week. Before that it was serviced at Chapman Auto, German Auto, ASG, Autotherapy, Eurosport, Stuttgard Engineering, S2 Dynamics, etc.

It's had some paint work over the years from an idiot that ran into my back bumper at low speed about 9 years ago (fixed perfectly at Europros in Gaithersburg, the best place in town). They just re-sprayed the front bumper but not the hood ($1513) in November 2014.

They touched up other spots on the car over the years as well, some just a few months ago. In addition - they put on new Left and Right Stone guards with 4S Clear as well as fixed slight chips on the fenders too, as I like it to look fairly perfect.

The brake calipers are faded and the clear cover is peeling a bit, so they need to be repainted if you're wanting it to look "new" again. Was quoted $1200 by Europros (taken off the car, repainted, and put back on) or $425 from Chapman Auto (painted and masked off while still on the car).

It has a few slight scratches on it and road chips on the hood like pretty much any car with 108k miles and a small dent on the passenger side rocker panel that's been there the last 12 years (can't be removed, I'm told, by a dent removal guy). Though, various crazy people when I stop for gas think my car is new for some reason. I'll pray for these folks. They don't have OCD like I have.

No major accidents other than the rear bumper hit. Looks amazing from 20 feet away and to most novices, right up close. I'm a super picky person so I of course notice all the very slight things.

The inside is in very good shape, has a newish Alpine stereo with Sirious/XM with newish speakers around and a nice amp in the trunk. It fits in well with the look of the car even though it's not an OEM unit. I manically clean the car every few days (nights actually, close to midnight), in the driveway, inside and out. I use leatherique on the leather, Zaino on the paint though I've tried other carnauba waxes too over the years. The wheels look pretty good and don't have lots of road rash or scars. I park really far away from other cars AND curbs! When they ever got curb rashed I would bring them in to Europros to fix. This wasn't that often at all.

I wish I had the time to field a million questions about the car by email and phone. I'll try to do my best but I work 75 hours a week. I'm more like, if you're interested, please just meet me and check it out in person. I much prefer to deal with a local person but am open to others. I am not negotiable on the price, at all. If you're not willing to pay this amount for the car, no worries but I'm not selling it for less.

1 year old Rennline pedals look great in the car. Continental Extreme Contact DWS XL tires were put on Dec 2013 so they don't have that many miles on them.

If I don't sell it, no worries either. I'll just drive it till it gets totaled one day in an accident or until they bury me in it. The only reason I'm selling it is to fund getting a 2011 911 Turbo S due to torn meniscus knee issues. Tried surgery but it didn't work and neither did physical therapy. A PDK "automatic" would be much better for me in bumper to bumper traffic here in DC and for my knees.

If it doesn't sell for $57k, I'll just drive it less and keep it.

This past weekend at Porsche Meet and Drive, camera phone pic

I whipped up this idea for an ad to sell my car in a few minutes while at the Rennlist Meet and Drive yesterday, so I'm probably leaving tons of information out I've simply forgotten about. I figure the price will scare off most people and that I'll simply get to keep my car if no one is interested at this price. If it doesn't scare you off and you're interested in buying it, just send me a private message and I'll send you my phone # to chat about it.

Some people have kids, some people have a wife, for me, "all I have" is this car I eat, live, breath, sleep this car. I have pictures and posters of 993's all over my garage interior. The receipts for it are easily a 6 inches thick.

Cheers,

Steve

Last edited by Steve 96C4S; 04-29-2015 at 12:17 AM.
Old 04-28-2015, 11:05 PM
d'aubigne
Intermediate

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

Steve, I am interested. Please email me at johnstylzes@gmail.com or 415-754-3868

Long time Porsche enthusiast, not a flipper

John
Old 04-28-2015, 11:42 PM
JDHertz11
Race Car

Received 67 Likes on 26 Posts

Great ad. I went from a 993 to a 2011 TTS about 4 years ago. Awesome car but a TOTALLY different car to the 993. Maybe you should try a 993TT and feel the power assisted clutch. It's completely opposite in feel to the 993 NA clutch.
Old 04-28-2015, 11:48 PM
TouringTeg
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Be prepared for plenty of PMs/calls/emails! Great deal for a well cared for C4S
Old 04-29-2015, 01:54 AM
truegrit
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Great ad! Love the car.
Old 04-29-2015, 01:58 AM
Steve 96C4S
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by JDHertz11
Great ad. I went from a 993 to a 2011 TTS about 4 years ago. Awesome car but a TOTALLY different car to the 993. Maybe you should try a 993TT and feel the power assisted clutch. It's completely opposite in feel to the 993 NA clutch.
Thanks folks.

JDHertz11: Do you still have your 2011 Turbo S AND the 993 TT? I drove the 2011 Turbo S about 6 months or so ago and really liked it though it was a bit boring compared to my manual, involving 993. But, I got to enjoy the 993 for 12 years so I feel like I really lived that experience. I'm ready to try something different but if my car doesn't sell, so be it. It's a win win either way.
Old 04-29-2015, 08:21 AM
JDHertz11
Race Car

Received 67 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by Steve 96C4S
Thanks folks. JDHertz11: Do you still have your 2011 Turbo S AND the 993 TT? I drove the 2011 Turbo S about 6 months or so ago and really liked it though it was a bit boring compared to my manual, involving 993. But, I got to enjoy the 993 for 12 years so I feel like I really lived that experience. I'm ready to try something different but if my car doesn't sell, so be it. It's a win win either way.
I no longer have the TTS. I miss the power and refinement and if buy one again if and when the prices drop considerably. I'd love to have one as a DD. have you ever driven a 993TT? The clutch is feather light.
Old 04-29-2015, 11:41 PM
TT Surgeon
Race Director

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

Looks nice, ck out a low mile 07 turbo tip, tons of them fs, about $60k on average. Sell yours and it would be a wash. Just a thought.
Btw pm me I know somebody looking for a na 993.
C
Old 04-30-2015, 10:56 AM
Steve 96C4S
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by TT Surgeon
Looks nice, ck out a low mile 07 turbo tip, tons of them fs, about $60k on average. Sell yours and it would be a wash. Just a thought.
Btw pm me I know somebody looking for a na 993.
C
Thanks. I was actually thinking about this. A $45K price differential between a TIP and a PDK car is A LOT. I've actually seen 2010's I think for similar money at the $60-65K with a bit higher miles. Still not sure which way to go. I know the Tip isn't as good, but how much better is PDK? $40k better? Just not sure what to do.
Old 04-30-2015, 06:54 PM
Streetfighter
Rennlist Member

I would say keep it. Newer Porsches while nice lack the thrill of the older ones and it's tough to beat a C4S to me it's second only to a 993 Turbo. Keep it man.
Old 04-30-2015, 08:18 PM
green
Pro

Keep it. Newer turbos are boring. It's an appreciating asset.
Old 05-01-2015, 09:13 AM
355dreamer
Track Day

Originally Posted by Steve 96C4S
Hello folks,

Yep - my car is for sale. 1996 993 C4S, Polar Silver/Blk, 108k mi, 3 spoke steering wheel from a 2004 GT3 with silver crest and leather airbag, owned 12 yrs, about $48k in maintenance and upgrade receipts, $57k FIRM.

I guess I could ask $59,500 and then end up selling it for $57k if we went back forth on price, but I thought I'd just start at my FINAL PRICE for the car.

I saved every receipt since owning it from 59k to 108k mi. New clutch and flywheel at 59k miles and are still fine. It of coursed garaged at my house. It's been used as a garage queen for years and also used as a daily drive for period of time when I get bored with my four door. Never been tracked or smoked in, not that there's anything wrong with the track I guess. Tires were bought Dec 2013, Continental DSW Extreme Contacts. I have the manual, both keys and the immobilizers. A new immobilizer is on order at the dealer as one of the current ones got a bit cracked - should have it this week.

No top end engine work done on it or needed. No CEL light on (SAI fixed years ago). Just spent $3295 last week on various items though it still needs a condenser for the A/C and an R134 charge (I will not be doing this before selling it - was quoted $1010 parts and labor from ASG in Fairfax VA). Could use a new driver's floor mat (a 4 piece set is about $130 at dealer). It has wear at one point where my left foot heal rests. Mostly stock car but you can see pics for the slight upgrades. The visual clues will let you know what they are.

I know of nothing else it needs and it did have a full check up for everything on the car by Danny, the top 993 mechanic at Rockville, MD Porsche last week. They had it for a few weeks and checked everything out. They installed a new alternator and impeller hub, fan and alternator belts, and bearing for the fan. Also the fan half pulley, half pulley, and pulley spacer sleeve was replaced last week. Before that it was serviced at Chapman Auto, German Auto, ASG, Autotherapy, Eurosport, Stuttgard Engineering, S2 Dynamics, etc.

It's had some paint work over the years from an idiot that ran into my back bumper at low speed about 9 years ago (fixed perfectly at Europros in Gaithersburg, the best place in town). They just re-sprayed the front bumper but not the hood ($1513) in November 2014.

They touched up other spots on the car over the years as well, some just a few months ago. In addition - they put on new Left and Right Stone guards with 4S Clear as well as fixed slight chips on the fenders too, as I like it to look fairly perfect.

The brake calipers are faded and the clear cover is peeling a bit, so they need to be repainted if you're wanting it to look "new" again. Was quoted $1200 by Europros (taken off the car, repainted, and put back on) or $425 from Chapman Auto (painted and masked off while still on the car).

It has a few slight scratches on it and road chips on the hood like pretty much any car with 108k miles and a small dent on the passenger side rocker panel that's been there the last 12 years (can't be removed, I'm told, by a dent removal guy). Though, various crazy people when I stop for gas think my car is new for some reason. I'll pray for these folks. They don't have OCD like I have.

No major accidents other than the rear bumper hit. Looks amazing from 20 feet away and to most novices, right up close. I'm a super picky person so I of course notice all the very slight things.

The inside is in very good shape, has a newish Alpine stereo with Sirious/XM with newish speakers around and a nice amp in the trunk. It fits in well with the look of the car even though it's not an OEM unit. I manically clean the car every few days (nights actually, close to midnight), in the driveway, inside and out. I use leatherique on the leather, Zaino on the paint though I've tried other carnauba waxes too over the years. The wheels look pretty good and don't have lots of road rash or scars. I park really far away from other cars AND curbs! When they ever got curb rashed I would bring them in to Europros to fix. This wasn't that often at all.

I wish I had the time to field a million questions about the car by email and phone. I'll try to do my best but I work 75 hours a week. I'm more like, if you're interested, please just meet me and check it out in person. I much prefer to deal with a local person but am open to others. I am not negotiable on the price, at all. If you're not willing to pay this amount for the car, no worries but I'm not selling it for less.

1 year old Rennline pedals look great in the car. Continental Extreme Contact DWS XL tires were put on Dec 2013 so they don't have that many miles on them.

If I don't sell it, no worries either. I'll just drive it till it gets totaled one day in an accident or until they bury me in it. The only reason I'm selling it is to fund getting a 2011 911 Turbo S due to torn meniscus knee issues. Tried surgery but it didn't work and neither did physical therapy. A PDK "automatic" would be much better for me in bumper to bumper traffic here in DC and for my knees.

If it doesn't sell for $57k, I'll just drive it less and keep it.

This past weekend at Porsche Meet and Drive, camera phone pic

I whipped up this idea for an ad to sell my car in a few minutes while at the Rennlist Meet and Drive yesterday, so I'm probably leaving tons of information out I've simply forgotten about. I figure the price will scare off most people and that I'll simply get to keep my car if no one is interested at this price. If it doesn't scare you off and you're interested in buying it, just send me a private message and I'll send you my phone # to chat about it.

Some people have kids, some people have a wife, for me, "all I have" is this car I eat, live, breath, sleep this car. I have pictures and posters of 993's all over my garage interior. The receipts for it are easily a 6 inches thick.

Cheers,

Steve
Nice car. Looks like you and I are neighbors.
Old 05-01-2015, 03:05 PM
Steve 96C4S
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Streetfighter
I would say keep it. Newer Porsches while nice lack the thrill of the older ones and it's tough to beat a C4S to me it's second only to a 993 Turbo. Keep it man.
I wish I could keep it and get a 2011 as well but financially I can't. I to need to sell it to get a car that won't hurt my left leg all the time when working the clutch (arthritis in both knees and yes, I've tried surgery, physical therapy, resting it, work at the gym, etc). Also, since it's a daily driver for the most part, driving a car in bumper to bumper traffic most of the day really sucks in this car. Yes, I could just drive my large 4 door but it's much harder to park in DC and I really only use it when my 993 is in the garage or I have to drive somewhere with a bunch of other people in the car.

I'd LOVE to keep it. It's just time... And I drove the 11 Turbo S and kind of like it. It's super easy to drive and I don't mind the fact that the A/C works amazingly (never did in my car) and that it's got the built in Nav, decent enough looks and lots of cool features. I like both cars... It's just... time.
Old 05-01-2015, 03:22 PM
nr1416
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Keep example of what an ad should look like. nice car and GLWS
Old 05-01-2015, 04:24 PM
Steve 96C4S
Rennlist Member

I have a deposit for the car. Unless something gets messed up with the sale, it's unofficially no longer for sale.

Quick Reply: 1996 993 C4S, Silver/Blk, 108k mi, owned 12 yrs, $48k in receipts, $57K FIRM