Notices
Vehicle Marketplace - Old A place for Rennlist Members & Sponsors to sell their new & used vehicles.
Mark this thread as Unsold
Cars Search
Keyword:

Year:
(Range)

Make:

Model:

Cont. Porsche Models:

Mileage (numbers only please):

Color:

Price (no $ sign please):

Private or Dealer Listing:

Location (Region):

Transmission Type:

Parts Search
Keyword:

Category:

Price (no $ sign please):

Private or Vendor Listing:

Location (Region):

Item Condition:

2016 Porsche 911 Carrera GTS – PTS Riviera Blue -MT Still in the wrapper

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2016, 03:29 PM
goofballdeluxe
Rennlist Member

Received 150 Likes on 97 Posts

Year: 2016
Make: Porsche
Model: 911
Cont. Porsche Models: 911
Mileage (numbers only please): 12
Options (Please check ALL which apply): Airbags, Air Conditioning, Alarm System, Antilock Brakes, Cruise Control, Foglamps, Intermittent Wipers, Leather Seats, Power Brakes, Power Door Locks, Power Windows, Traction Control
Color: Riviera Blue
VIN: WP0AB2A90GS123223
Price (no $ sign please): $125395
Private or Dealer Listing: Private Listing
Location (Region): SouthEast
Body Style: Coupe
Transmission Type: Manual - 6 speed
2 or 4 Wheel Drive?: 2 Wheel Drive
Engine Type: Fuel Injection
Stereo System: AM-FM CD

Originally Posted by Suitcase
A year ago I was was in a bad, very bad, divorce. 3 years of litigation for 6 year marriage with no children. It was also my first marriage and her third. I asked the court if I could use some money due me from an inheritance for living expenses and legal fees. The Judge said no. The Judge also said I could not sell any cars. What the hell was I supposed to do? I made the hard decision to sell the Mx Blue 997.2 GT3. As the story is now public JT purchased the car. What I didn't know at the time is that my now ex-wife had installed a clandestine "log-me-in" program in my computer while we were still together. She knew everything. This is very illegal breaking both Federal and State laws. And for the record there were no other women or cheating.

She went to the court, citing RL, disclosed the sale of the GT3 and demanded 1/2 the proceeds. I didn't deny it. At this point not only did I think she was cyber stalking me she testified to it at her criminal trial for assault. Like I say, I couldn't make this stuff up. The Judge didn't care about how she obtained the information and said that was another matter. What????? She commits several felonies, admits it under oath and the Judge doesn't care?

The Judge then ordered me to pay her 1/2 the proceeds of the GT3 because she claimed she had no money. Of course by that time most of the money from the sale was gone. Then the Judge then ordered that I sell my 997.2 GT3 RS which is the lightest in the US to pay her. I refused. I was threatened with jail for contempt. I was not going to sell the car. Sometimes you have to take a stand.

In the end I didn't go to jail. My ex "forgot" to tell the court that she had just obtained a $250k loan against our marital home which I stupidly allowed to be put in her name.

I served a subpoena to Google and the records proved that an IP address belonging to a major Pharma company was cyber stalking my computer for (at least) the previous six months. In a stroke of luck the stalking IP address was "Googled" to my ex-wife's employer. I settled the case by hold "holding harmless" (civil) my ex and her attorneys.
Wow.

And that's why I have no interest in getting married; thanks for reminding me.

As the old saw says, if it flies, floats or f**ks, you're better off renting
Old 06-28-2016, 08:23 PM
Parnelli
Three Wheelin'

Received 12 Likes on 6 Posts

I'm confused. Did this car ever sell? If not what is the current asking price?

Thx
Old 06-28-2016, 08:56 PM
Suitcase
Racer

Received 125 Likes on 39 Posts

It is for sale. 125k.
Old 06-29-2016, 01:31 AM
Pmon
Intermediate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Apologies for the non-contributing response......but this has been a great thread to read. I only started reading it as Vodoo Blue and RB are my favorite colors but then reading the stories in here is better than watching TV!!! thanks for sharing.
Old 06-29-2016, 12:06 PM
hsmith
Rennlist Member

Received 20 Likes on 13 Posts

This is absolutely gorgeous! Love Riviera blue plus its awesome it has no sunroof and manual. Just like mine. This will go to a lucky individual.
Old 06-29-2016, 12:12 PM
mickfluff
Drifting

Received 23 Likes on 20 Posts

awesome car.... GLWS

X wife sounds like a mess but pray everyday and be thankful you never had kids with that beast.... you dodged a bullet whether you know it or not. Move on and be happy and leave the past in the past...
Old 06-29-2016, 12:49 PM
Jay Gratton
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Great 911 color, glad they brought it back from the 993 days.
Old 06-29-2016, 12:51 PM
monacojoe
Instructor

might i recommend that people use an ipad pro w/keyboard for everything if they find themselves in a similar predicament?

wish i had room for this one - its a beauty

glws
Old 06-29-2016, 01:30 PM
Ynot
Three Wheelin'

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Suitcase
More.... Since we're all old friends here.

I don't buy cars to sell them or flip them. I wish I could keep all of them. But I can't. So here is the whole story. A year ago I was was in a bad, very bad, divorce. 3 years of litigation for 6 year marriage with no children. It was also my first marriage and her third. I asked the court if I could use some money due me from an inheritance for living expenses and legal fees. The Judge said no. The Judge also said I could not sell any cars. What the hell was I supposed to do? I made the hard decision to sell the Mx Blue 997.2 GT3. As the story is now public JT purchased the car. What I didn't know at the time is that my now ex-wife had installed a clandestine "log-me-in" program in my computer while we were still together. She knew everything. This is very illegal breaking both Federal and State laws. And for the record there were no other women or cheating.

She went to the court, citing RL, disclosed the sale of the GT3 and demanded 1/2 the proceeds. I didn't deny it. At this point not only did I think she was cyber stalking me she testified to it at her criminal trial for assault. Like I say, I couldn't make this stuff up. The Judge didn't care about how she obtained the information and said that was another matter. What????? She commits several felonies, admits it under oath and the Judge doesn't care?

The Judge then ordered me to pay her 1/2 the proceeds of the GT3 because she claimed she had no money. Of course by that time most of the money from the sale was gone. Then the Judge then ordered that I sell my 997.2 GT3 RS which is the lightest in the US to pay her. I refused. I was threatened with jail for contempt. I was not going to sell the car. Sometimes you have to take a stand.

In the end I didn't go to jail. My ex "forgot" to tell the court that she had just obtained a $250k loan against our marital home which I stupidly allowed to be put in her name.

I served a subpoena to Google and the records proved that an IP address belonging to a major Pharma company was cyber stalking my computer for (at least) the previous six months. In a stroke of luck the stalking IP address was "Googled" to my ex-wife's employer. I settled the case by hold "holding harmless" (civil) my ex and her attorneys.'

The MT Riviera Blue GTS was ordered to replace my beloved DD, a '98 RB C2S "The Blue Streak" which is now retired. In the interim I was offered a Mint Green GTS with some miles on it. Since it already had miles I started to use that car and left the RB car in the wrapper. No, the GTS is not a 959. And it's not an 3.8 RS. But it's a great "usable" 911 in a rare (one of one) fun color. The RB GTS will put a smile on your face every time you walk toward it in the course of a day for years to come.
Wow, crazy story, I am not surprised however, since we have a 50% divorce rate here in America. Just be glad you don't have kids, you will be paying her for a long time if you did. She's obviously experience being divorced for the 3rd time, she had trust issues, who wouldn't thunk to install a stalking problem on someone's computer. Let that be a lesson to everyone, there is a reason she was someone's ex for the 3rd time. GLWS, that RB 911 is gorgeous.
Old 07-18-2016, 03:04 AM
ALEV8
Three Wheelin'

Received 70 Likes on 48 Posts

I'd but the f outta the blue GTS car. Absolutely. Planning to!
Old 07-18-2016, 02:55 PM
jeff968
Rennlist Member

Received 173 Likes on 119 Posts

Originally Posted by Tony.CO
But that's the point, rare car, rare color combo.
And just because it's rare doesn't make it valuable. Mint green? No way do people clamor for mint green. Sure interesting to watch, like a train wreck, but few would pay premium for it.
Ha! I wouldn't have never had my car featured on My Classic Car, Excellence, and Hemmings Sports and Exotics if not for the mint green paint so there!

And I have a waiting list of interested parties!

It is worth twice a red car in the same condition just due to the color.

Don't be knocking the mint green.

Last edited by jeff968; 07-18-2016 at 05:27 PM.
Old 07-18-2016, 05:03 PM
Jamie140
Nordschleife Master

Received 712 Likes on 338 Posts

Originally Posted by jeff968
Ha! I wouldn't have never had my car featured on My Classic Car, Excellence, and Hemmings Sports and Exotics if not for the mint green paint so there!

And I have a waiting list of interested parties!

It is worth twice a red car in the same condition just due to the color.

Don't be knocking the mint green.
Colour is subjective. Duh. I'd pay up for a mint green car.
Old 07-19-2016, 09:08 AM
F1tifosi
Rennlist Member

Received 110 Likes on 50 Posts
Default I "feel so Blue"

Is Riviera Blue the closest to Club Blau? I say a 60th PCA and 100% love the blue. The PCA delivered a fabulous PTS and I hope Porsche does not allow it to become common. Curious..
Old 07-19-2016, 09:10 AM
LexVan
Banned

Received 5,389 Likes on 2,510 Posts

Originally Posted by F1tifosi
Is Riviera Blue the closest to Club Blau?
No.
Old 07-19-2016, 12:08 PM
Jamie140
Nordschleife Master

Received 712 Likes on 338 Posts

Originally Posted by F1tifosi
Is Riviera Blue the closest to Club Blau? I say a 60th PCA and 100% love the blue. The PCA delivered a fabulous PTS and I hope Porsche does not allow it to become common. Curious..
Voodoo closer than riviera.

Quick Reply: 2016 Porsche 911 Carrera GTS – PTS Riviera Blue -MT Still in the wrapper