Notices
Vehicle Marketplace - Old A place for Rennlist Members & Sponsors to sell their new & used vehicles.
Mark this thread as Unsold
Cars Search
Keyword:

Year:
(Range)

Make:

Model:

Cont. Porsche Models:

Mileage (numbers only please):

Color:

Price (no $ sign please):

Private or Dealer Listing:

Location (Region):

Transmission Type:

Parts Search
Keyword:

Category:

Price (no $ sign please):

Private or Vendor Listing:

Location (Region):

Item Condition:

1996 993

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-2017, 03:43 PM
mac993
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default 1996 993

Year: 1996
Make: Porsche
Model: 911
Cont. Porsche Models: 993
Mileage (numbers only please): 129000
Color: Black
Price (no $ sign please): $36000
Private or Dealer Listing: Private Listing
Location (Region): SoCAl
Body Style: Coupe
Transmission Type: Manual - 6 speed
2 or 4 Wheel Drive?: 2 Wheel Drive
Engine Type: Fuel Injection
Stereo System: AM Radio

The day I hoped would never come has. I don't have opportunity to enjoy or maintain the car the way it deserves and with an impending new home purchase it's time. I have owned this wonderful car for 15+ years. I bought it with 30k and it's now has just shy of 130k. I love the car to death and have taken care of it accordingly. Being that it was my daily for the first 5/6 years it is a 5 footer. Most people can't believe it's old enough to buy a beer by how it looks but it has the requisite rock chips one would expect of an original paint no accident car. The issues are mostly tic-tacky stuff.... but it's probably a few grand all in which is why it's priced accordingly.

-The sunroof has issues closing after opening. Think it's a common track wear issue.
- the steering wheel shimmies a bit at 50-55mph. Rock solid at all other speeds. Have researched it a bit and opinions vary but all suggested fixes seem minor.
-drivers seat bolster has worn through where you rub when you get in and out. Have a patch on it.
- a few cracks in the dash.
- some curb rash on the wheels
-the AC occasionally makes a barking like noise when in use. No idea what causes this but I'd assume it's bearings and on it's way out and needs replacing. It still blows cold air just fine but it's the original unit so I'm just making an assumption on the issue and replacement.
- 2 small dings which are in the pics I've attached

It does weep a bit of oil. Nothing major and no CEL lights triggered (passes smog with no issues) but it's never had the top end rebuild so some would suggest it. As it runs super strong, the weeping is minor and triggers no CEL's I've seen no need.

The only reason I haven't fixed the issues mentioned above is I moved an hour+ north of the only shop I've trusted with my pcars (Black Forrest in San Diego, a super reputable shop). Temecula has no shops for pcars so I'm stuck going into SD to get any work done. Working 6 days a week and having a 2 yr old has made finding the time and getting down that way extremely difficult. Normally I've jumped on any small thing immediately but life has changed.

In an effort to not waste anyone's time, due to the busyness of my life right now a PPI is extremely unlikely. If this scares you off I completely understand. As a 14 year participant in this board I fully understand where the community stands on this, and I don't disagree. But my schedule does not allow for me to take a day to drive into San Diego or LA (thus the reason the above items have yet to be fixed) to get it done and the area I live has no shops I trust. I am fully aware this shrinks the market for my car and this is in no way an attempt to hide anything. I have loved this car every moment I've owned it and have agonized over selling it for months. But with how my life is right now I don't have the time to give to the car it deserves.

As far as upgrades it has the ROW suspension and with the Tech arts it sits just right. It also has Bergvill F/X HID's, aluminum pedals and gauge rings. Tires on the rear are brand new super sports (less then 200miles on them), the fronts are in great shape. I also have the supercup exhaust that is not currently on it (stock exhaust on it now) and will come with the car.

Let me know if you have any other questions, I'm happy to answer anything I can.

Cheers,

Dan
Attached Images        

Last edited by mac993; 06-30-2017 at 05:00 PM.
Old 06-30-2017, 04:04 PM
danielkim0129
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

interested and pm'ed
Old 06-30-2017, 10:25 PM
mac993
Burning Brakes

Thanks for the interest so far. All PM's replied too.
Old 07-01-2017, 01:51 PM
goofballdeluxe
Rennlist Member

Received 150 Likes on 97 Posts

Wow, now this is how all For Sale ads should be done. Honest, forthright and what a steal of a price!

I don't know the seller at all, but it sounds like he's right on: a few thousand dollars should fix this car up completely and it looks terrific already. I bet this one is sold right away.

Good luck
Old 07-01-2017, 02:59 PM
Capital Porsche
Former Vendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If a lister had only 3 posts, I would be concerned about a PPI... but this guy has over 900 posts, clearly an active member of the RL community. I totally get the inconvenience of a PPI. Honestly, most PPI concerns could be addressed with detailed photos. With good service history, a couple videos showing the "shimmy" at 55 mph, and some detailed photos of the underside, I think this sounds like a great buy!
Old 07-01-2017, 03:18 PM
mac993
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by goofballdeluxe
Wow, now this is how all For Sale ads should be done. Honest, forthright and what a steal of a price!

I don't know the seller at all, but it sounds like he's right on: a few thousand dollars should fix this car up completely and it looks terrific already. I bet this one is sold right away.

Good luck
Thanks goofballdelux! Being a car guy the last thing I want to do is not be fully honest with someone buying my car. The karma comes back around on you if you play games.
Old 07-01-2017, 03:22 PM
mac993
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Capital Porsche
If a lister had only 3 posts, I would be concerned about a PPI... but this guy has over 900 posts, clearly an active member of the RL community. I totally get the inconvenience of a PPI. Honestly, most PPI concerns could be addressed with detailed photos. With good service history, a couple videos showing the "shimmy" at 55 mph, and some detailed photos of the underside, I think this sounds like a great buy!
Thanks Michael. I've only posted it here so far as the 993 community is strong on RL and I know the likelihood it will go to another enthusiast is super high. It going to a good home is super important to me.
Old 07-01-2017, 03:28 PM
mac993
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by PhilD83
Sent a PM but not sure if it went through. Can you send me an email at PhilD83@aol.com? Thanks!
Didn't get your PM but sent you an email. Thanks
Old 07-01-2017, 04:54 PM
mac993
Burning Brakes

Thank you all for the interest. Lots of PM's this morning and all have been replied to.

For any future contacts, I have been asked by multiple people if I would take a deposit. At this time the answer is no. Thank you for understanding.
Old 07-02-2017, 01:16 PM
mac993
Burning Brakes

Car is SOLD. Thank you all for the interest.

Quick Reply: 1996 993