Notices
Vehicle Marketplace - Old A place for Rennlist Members & Sponsors to sell their new & used vehicles.
Mark this thread as Unsold
Cars Search
Keyword:

Year:
(Range)

Make:

Model:

Cont. Porsche Models:

Mileage (numbers only please):

Color:

Price (no $ sign please):

Private or Dealer Listing:

Location (Region):

Transmission Type:

Parts Search
Keyword:

Category:

Price (no $ sign please):

Private or Vendor Listing:

Location (Region):

Item Condition:

Unique "sleeper" 500+ hp wagon - 2001 Audi 2.7T biturbo 6-speed manual 3rd row seats

Search this Thread

Old 10-28-2012, 05:37 PM
LooseMarble
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Unique "sleeper" 500+ hp wagon - 2001 Audi 2.7T biturbo 6-speed manual 3rd row seats

Year: 2001
Make: Audi
Model: Allroad
Mileage (numbers only please): 145000
Options (Please check ALL which apply): Airbags, Air Conditioning, Alarm System, Antilock Brakes, Cruise Control, Foglamps, Intermittent Wipers, Leather Seats, Power Brakes, Power Door Locks, Power Steering, Power Windows, Sunroof, Traction Control
Color: Black
Price (no $ sign please): $13000
Private or Dealer Listing: Private Listing
Location (Region): SouthEast
Body Style: Coupe
Transmission Type: Manual - 6 speed
2 or 4 Wheel Drive?: 4 Wheel Drive
Engine Type: Fuel Injection
Stereo System: AM-FM CD

1/22/13- Listing updated to reflect lowered price to $13,000. The web page linked below also has new information posted including a pre-purchase inspection report arranged by a potential buyer who backed out. The invoice document shows data from the compression test performed as well as parts and labor to address the minor oil weeping issue so that is now repaired.

I bought this car new in 2001. Even then it was unique as it is a 2001 Audi allroad quattro with the 2.7T twin turbo motor, 6 speed manual transmission and factory equipped with the 3rd row seating. if you are not familiar with the way Audi offered this 3rd row I put up pictures of all the possible configurations of the over-engineered rear compartment. I have every single accessory that came originally with the car. If you want to get straight to the better pictures go here: http://www.mcqfamily.com/allroad/Sell/allroadsale.html

The car is quite different than a normal allroad quattro now. I swapped the pneumatic suspension for a set of KW coilovers which when combined with the H-sport sway bars makes the handling much more engaging without being harsh.

In 2008 I transformed it into a truly impressive "sleeper" by having Autospeed Performance in New Jersey do a fully built motor with turbos fitted from the RS6 V8. Autospeed did custom tuning on the car to the tune of 452 wheel horsepower on 93 octane and 502 wheel horsepower on race fuel. You can see the dyno sheets at the link below. You will also find a more complete modification list and many, many high resolution pictures.

I have owned the car since new and have finally decided to move on as I am shopping for a 997.1 GT3.

The modifications are very apparent when you use them but the car remains totally normal to a passenger or even to a mild mannered driver. My wife drives the car occasionally and to her it is just the same as before because she stays out of the boost. I literally take my 101 year old grandmother to lunch in the car just the same as I would when stock.

Asking price is $14,500. I realize that this kind of thing is not for everyone but if you like the idea of a family car that can haul kids and haul *** take a look. I am a mature non-smoking enthusiast owner. The car has always been garaged and although it did yeas of duty as a family car there was no eating or drinking by children in the back. You can see the exceptional condition of the interior in the pictures at the link.

The car was built correctly in 2008 and the mods have been completely reliable for the last 25,000 miles. Since then I have only done normal routine maintenance.

Quick highlights:
Fully built motor with forged internals
Full OEM RS6 turbos
ASP headers
ASP FMIC
ASP 3" downpipes
ASP fueling
ASP MAF housing
ASP custom tuning
Magnaflow exhaust
KW coilover suspension
H&R swaybars
RNS-E Navigation
Ormori Boost Gauge
BBS RKII wheels
New Toyo Proxes T1 Sport tires

Car is located near Annapolis, MD.

See details and many, many high resolution pictures at the link below. please contact me by email as I do not check Rennlist regularly enough. I may miss PMs or whatever. Email is ryan (at) mcqfamily (dot) com

http://www.mcqfamily.com/allroad/Sell/allroadsale.html

Last edited by LooseMarble; 01-22-2013 at 01:27 PM. Reason: revise price
Old 10-28-2012, 06:54 PM
bigrig
Instructor

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

love everything about it! GLWS
Old 10-29-2012, 02:10 AM
Rovman
Rennlist Member

Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts

Very nice car, I owned 2 of these back when they were new. None of mine were the 6-speed though. A very sought after option that is pretty rare in these cars.
Wish I had room in the garage, would love to own another one.

Good luck with sale.
Old 10-29-2012, 06:35 AM
cds4402
Rennlist Member

Received 200 Likes on 70 Posts

Uh oh. This might be what I need...
Old 10-29-2012, 08:11 AM
cmd4
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Nice,GLWS!
Old 10-29-2012, 07:50 PM
r_matt_6
Track Day

Ive been shopping around for a subaru wagon as a daily driver but this is really tempting. I'm local too. What kind of mpg's are we looking at? Also, im assuming the clutch upgrade was performed at the time of motor rebuild?
Old 10-30-2012, 01:07 PM
LooseMarble
Instructor

Originally Posted by r_matt_6
What kind of mpg's are we looking at? Also, im assuming the clutch upgrade was performed at the time of motor rebuild?
MPG depends very much on how you drive. If you drive gently you can do same as stock which was bad. I averaged high teens. If you are constantly exploring the boost (and you will) the mileage is terrible. This is not the car for you if economy is at the top of your list of priorities.
Old 10-30-2012, 05:02 PM
r_matt_6
Track Day

Lol Appreciate the honesty. Thats about the same as my S5. I bet this allroad is an absolute blast to drive. Best of luck!
Old 10-30-2012, 05:50 PM
Magdaddy
Rennlist Member

Received 250 Likes on 187 Posts

very tempting...one of my all time favorite audi's. Looks like lots of $$ was put in this one, timing's just not right for me.

GLWS
Old 10-30-2012, 11:57 PM
Bullitt44
Burning Brakes

Received 44 Likes on 33 Posts

love these. Fun family hauler.
Old 10-31-2012, 08:26 PM
cmb13
Racer

Received 21 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by LooseMarble

Big Fan Here!
Old 10-31-2012, 11:29 PM
pu911rsr
Drifting

Received 53 Likes on 39 Posts

email sent
Phil
Old 11-01-2012, 08:13 AM
LooseMarble
Instructor

Originally Posted by pu911rsr
email sent
Phil
Response sent. Sorry for slow turn around. I have been without power or internet since the Hurricane.
Old 11-15-2012, 02:08 PM
dutch27
Rennlist Member

interested ,please contact me at three -five-two,two-7-eight, zero-three-two-six. thank you
Old 11-15-2012, 05:45 PM
LooseMarble
Instructor

Originally Posted by dutch27
interested ,please contact me at three -five-two,two-7-eight, zero-three-two-six. thank you
Called. Left vmail with my number. You can also reach me via email to ryan (at) mcqfamily dot c0m

Quick Reply: Unique "sleeper" 500+ hp wagon - 2001 Audi 2.7T biturbo 6-speed manual 3rd row seats