Notices
Vehicle Marketplace - Old A place for Rennlist Members & Sponsors to sell their new & used vehicles.
Mark this thread as Unsold
Cars Search
Keyword:

Year:
(Range)

Make:

Model:

Cont. Porsche Models:

Mileage (numbers only please):

Color:

Price (no $ sign please):

Private or Dealer Listing:

Location (Region):

Transmission Type:

Parts Search
Keyword:

Category:

Price (no $ sign please):

Private or Vendor Listing:

Location (Region):

Item Condition:

32K mile 95 993 with some upgrades

Search this Thread

Old 11-21-2013, 11:27 PM
ashirji
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 32K mile 95 993 with some upgrades

Year: 1995
Make: Porsche
Model: 911
Cont. Porsche Models: 993
Mileage (numbers only please): 32250
Options (Please check ALL which apply): Airbags, Air Conditioning, Alarm System, Antilock Brakes, Cruise Control, Foglamps, Intermittent Wipers, Leather Seats, Power Brakes, Power Door Locks, Power Steering, Power Windows, Sunroof
Color: Aventurine Green
Price (no $ sign please): $44993
Private or Dealer Listing: Private Listing
Location (Region): SouthEast
Body Style: Coupe
Transmission Type: Manual - 6 speed
2 or 4 Wheel Drive?: 2 Wheel Drive
Engine Type: Fuel Injection
Stereo System: AM-FM CD

Hello Ladies and Gents. It is time to put my car up for sale.

We are discussing my 1995 C2 Carrera with 32K miles. I am continuing to enjoy the car on weekends so the miles will fluctuate, although not by much. Having said that, let’s get to specifics.

Aventurine Green with tan leather and black carpet.

I purchased the car from a fellow RL member. It was a top of market car, with an expensive, recent service history, done at the hands of a very well-credentialed Porsche mechanic. I purchased the car with 27K on the clock with a recent engine out service that was handled by the PO at 26K miles. Caps, rotors, belts plugs, plug wires, and all the” while you’re in there…” items were accomplished to a tune of a $5k service. When it arrived to my home via an enclosed Intercity Van Lines transport (great outfit by the way), it had fresh PSS10s, turbo twists with Continental DW’s with 95% of meat left. I also added colored center caps to the twists. When it got down to establishing a baseline for the car, I took it to Porsche of Melbourne and met with Andy the SA. Porsche of Melbourne is a Premier Dealer so I thought the quality of service was on point. They suggested replacing all 4 CV joint boots, and I suggested having the car aligned to my specs: RS+ 10mm ride height, ROW Sport alignment specs, and freshly installed Walrod Bushings. Mission accomplished: the car tracks like a dream on straights but exhibits fierce turn in into corners with the combo of the suspension mods the Fikse FM5’s and the sticky Dunlop Star Specs that I had just purchased. I also installed FDM Stainless Steel brake lines and Wide Mouth ovals at this time. The brakes were flushed again at this point. I then installed a FDM SSK and an RS leather/aluminum shift **** and boot. Shifts became positive and extremely crisp. RS motor mounts were added and the transaxle fluid replaced with fresh OEM Porsche fluid courtesy of Sunset Porsche. I also use Gibbs DT 50 motor oil in the motor with excellent results. I have changed the oil every 3k miles, and the car appears to use .2 quart every 3K miles. Everyone has their own opinion of oil, and that is a discussion for a different thread, but I will provide data for my decision to use this particular substance. The owner of HMR in Tampa (a shop I trust and respect) has a 95 993 with 180k on it. It was a daily driven car and the motor has never been apart. The car went 10K between oil changes and consumed less than a quart (admittedly mostly highway driving) between services. For you science guys yes it is an “n” of 1. But it is a compelling 1! At any rate these bearings and valve guides like zinc, which is simply not available in modern mainstream motor oil. DT 50 has it in spades.

I then turned my attention to the interior. The PO had installed a 996 3 spoke wheel, that really feels great. He also installed a Kenwood deck that was I Pod and Bluetooth compatible. I wanted to improve the sound of the audio while maintaining total stealth. To this end I added Hertz HSK 165 components in the doors, a Hertz HDP 4 Amp under the seat and a Hertz 8 inch sub in a custom box in the right rear footwell. These are components that are used by the legendary Rod Birch, and the system was inspired by his choice in components. It is NOT however a Rod Birch system as he did not do the install. Instead the install was handled by a local audio shop that was a vendor recommended by my local PCA chapter. The end result is exactly what I wanted- Clean crisp sound with tight bass response, and total stealth, with exception of the non OEM Kenwood head unit. There was no other way to integrate Bluetooth, I pod and offer the degree of audio tuning needed in order to allow the Hertz components to live up to their full potential.

Now it was time for the exterior. I have always marched to the beat of my own drum. I loved the way the 356 Outlaw cars turned that segment on its ear. Too many times I have heard at PCA events (I am a member) how a modified car would be worth more if it had been left stock. The Outlaw movement verified that folks were willing to value these cars on the basis of effort and design, not just originality. I applauded this sentiment and decided to take it and run with it on my personal car. I always loved the ducktail spoilers on the early RS cars, so I decided my car must have one. In order to balance it aesthetically as well as aerodynamically, I decided on GT3 splitters. Easier said than done… Aftermarket parts never are the “plug and play” variety. These parts needed to be massaged thouroughly in order to get OEM fitment and shut lines. Fortunately, Heritage Motor Restoration in Tampa FL was up to the task. They had a 356 in the Porsche Parade in 2010 that won the Peoples Choice award. I figured they were qualified enough to do the ducktail, GT3 splitters and the Turbo S brake ducts I wanted. They came through in a splendid way with superb paint match and OEM quality fitment. I was speechlessly happy… until I saw the bill… Apparently excellence does not come cheap. At any rate, the parts look like factory fitment and add real credibility to my 993 Outlaw theme. I even added a clear bra to the hood, mirrors and fronts of the rear fenders. In the immortal words of Elmer Fudd, "Wap that Wascal"!

I added T-Lok HID headlight bulbs that really woke up the night- literally a day and night difference in night vision compared to the stock halogen headlights.
I also added a T-Lok keyless entry. Nice to be able to click and unlock and not have to insert the key into the door handle and worry about where the keychain is going to swing as you twist.. Lights flash but no “chirp” when you do so. I did not want to be “that guy”. No Immobilizer here.

So in summary, I would like to offer my 95 993 for sale.

It has 32K miles.

It has quite a few mods, in an Outlaw style.

I know it is not stock, and the mods might not appeal to everyone. It occupies a small portion of the market as a low mile car with a clean title and ownership history and a pretty extensive list of mods.

It comes with two sets of wheels- the Fikses and the Turbo Twists.

I have the stock decklid (complete with basket handle), fog lights, and front fender underpanels. The car can be converted back to stock appearance in a couple hours using hand tools, beer, and profanity by a couple shade tree mechanics. One to drink the beer, the other to sprinkle the profanity.

I have 2 cases of DT 50 to go with the car that should give the next owner peace of mind… or anguish if he/she has a different opinion of what oil to use.

The car comes with a Certificate of Authenticity. It was purchased new at Brumos Porsche in Jacksonville FL, and I appear to be the third owner, after having purchased it of a fellow RLer.

The bottom line literally and figuratively is the price for such excellence and free thought. I think the car is fairly and market correctly priced at $44,993. I learned a lot about these cars from RL and have enhanced the car in a way that suits my taste, which was shaped in large part by our departed friend CS and a very kind fellow and our friend AB. Let’s see what the market decides.

G50carerra@hotmail.com

Here is a link to some proper pics. of the car.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/21891030@N08

Last edited by ashirji; 11-22-2013 at 12:29 PM.
Old 11-22-2013, 01:19 AM
mondogarage
Instructor

This is an amazing car, I love this build. GLWS. Even my wife digs the color combo

I think it's a bit out of my range, but I'll be up all night thinking about it.
Old 11-22-2013, 01:55 AM
renntech36
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

email sent!
Old 11-22-2013, 11:47 AM
ClassicCarreras
Advanced

Email Sent and Pm'd
Old 11-22-2013, 12:12 PM
ashirji
Advanced

I have replied to renntech36, but did not see an email or PM from you ClassicCarreras.
Old 11-24-2013, 10:35 PM
ashirji
Advanced

I took some pictures of the car today. I used a high resolution digital camera. as such the pictures are between 2.5-3.5 MB each. They are too large to post here, according to the picture requirements for jpeg. I posted them to the flickr account. Here is a link again.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/21891030@N08/
The day was quite overcast so the pictures are not the best, but despite the clouds, the paint still is able to provide a sheen. The car was simply pulled out of the garage, shot and returned. It was not washed, let alone detailed for the pics. I wax the car every three months using my Porter Cable orbital and a variety of AutoGeek products. I lately have been using Wolfgang 3.0 and Meguires Yellow #26, after a good hand clay. For normal washes, I use Meguires professional car wash and a two bucket method with a microfiber mitt, and a dedicated wheel tool, followed by Meguires #32 Final Inspection. I try to keep it clean always and hopefully these pics in poor lighting, in less than ideal conditions, with no photoshopping whatsoever, will reflect this. I can email the full weight pictures directly to anyone that has further interest. Thanks to everyone I have spoken with.
Old 11-25-2013, 12:09 PM
Jupiterfish
Racer

Received 41 Likes on 22 Posts

nice setup, I think it looks great and if I didn't have a 993 I would purchase for around that price. I also bought this spring a modified 993 and when I go to the local events some people kick that stewardship ish... about modifications etc. I love my car, that's why I bought I, mods and all.
good luck with the sale
Old 11-25-2013, 05:55 PM
ashirji
Advanced

Originally Posted by Jupiterfish
nice setup, I think it looks great and if I didn't have a 993 I would purchase for around that price. I also bought this spring a modified 993 and when I go to the local events some people kick that stewardship ish... about modifications etc. I love my car, that's why I bought I, mods and all.
good luck with the sale
Thanks for the kind words Fish! Enjoy yours in good health, and in the way you see fit!
Old 11-25-2013, 11:57 PM
Bob in NY
Drifting

Received 105 Likes on 47 Posts

As the second owner of this car I can tell you it's an awesome buy. The mods Ali did are very tasteful and the car had significant work done to make it right when I owned it. If someone is in the market for a well sorted 993 this is without a doubt a fantastic buy. Feel free to PM me if you want to verify any work done on the car when I owned it. GLWTS!
Old 11-26-2013, 02:17 AM
ashirji
Advanced

Thanks Bob!!
Old 11-26-2013, 02:23 PM
MJBird993
Drifting

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Nice, GLWS.

Last edited by MJBird993; 11-26-2013 at 04:36 PM.
Old 11-27-2013, 09:45 PM
JustinHiFi
4th Gear

I know this 993 intimately well and it truly is one of the finest cleanest examples you will find. The owner Ashirji has taken care this vehicle with the utmost love and care of a father. Everything he has described about the vehicle is to the T and the photos simply don't do justice. Photos also don't capture the wonderful flat 6 sound from the rear we all know and love. I fully can and will vouch for the quality and impeccable condition of this 911. Good luck with the sale, I will be sad to see it leave your stable.
Old 11-27-2013, 11:16 PM
mznbleu
Instructor

Sweet ride...just acquired my '87 a few months ago, but will pass on to some friends and colleagues who might be interested... :thumb up:

Sent from my iPad using Rennlist
Old 12-01-2013, 10:20 PM
ashirji
Advanced

Car should be at the Sebring Historics this weekend.
Old 12-02-2013, 12:16 AM
mondogarage
Instructor

I still want this car. Haven't had any non-scam nibbles on the Craigslist ad for my '88, yet...

Quick Reply: 32K mile 95 993 with some upgrades