Notices
Vehicle Marketplace - Old A place for Rennlist Members & Sponsors to sell their new & used vehicles.
Mark this thread as Unsold
Cars Search
Keyword:

Year:
(Range)

Make:

Model:

Cont. Porsche Models:

Mileage (numbers only please):

Color:

Price (no $ sign please):

Private or Dealer Listing:

Location (Region):

Transmission Type:

Parts Search
Keyword:

Category:

Price (no $ sign please):

Private or Vendor Listing:

Location (Region):

Item Condition:

2011 GT3 RS Grey/Black with White Gold - 2,190 miles - 1 Owner - No Track Time

Search this Thread

Old 12-30-2013, 07:44 PM
GeoffJr@Isringhausen
Platinum Dealership
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default 2011 GT3 RS Grey/Black with White Gold - 2,190 miles - 1 Owner - No Track Time

Year: 2011
Make: Porsche
Model: 911
Mileage (numbers only please): 2190
Color: Grey Black
Price (no $ sign please): $177500
Private or Dealer Listing: Dealer Listing
Location (Region): Midwestern
Body Style: Coupe
Transmission Type: Manual - 6 speed
2 or 4 Wheel Drive?: 2 Wheel Drive
Engine Type: Fuel Injection
Stereo System: AM Radio

This one owner 2011 GT3 RS was just purchased from the original owner and it has been generously cared for since new. It has zero track time and looks like a brand new car in every way. The car does not have the graphics package on it so the only white gold on the car is on the end plates of the spoiler, the wheels, front intake, mirrors and logo on the back. We will have the car at the store in a few days and I will post up photos when it lands. Text, PM or email me for more details.

Phone: 217-725-2022
Email: geoffjr@isringhausen.com

Thanks!

Old 12-30-2013, 08:44 PM
LexVan
Banned

Received 5,388 Likes on 2,509 Posts

Secretcollector, this one here.
Old 12-31-2013, 12:40 AM
Rovman
Rennlist Member

Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts

No offense Geoff as you guys always have beautiful examples, but what is the deal with these crazy prices dealers are asking for these cars?
Old 12-31-2013, 12:47 AM
dasams
Rennlist Member

Received 369 Likes on 259 Posts

Originally Posted by Rovman
...but what is the deal with these crazy prices dealers are asking for these cars?
Trying to match supply with demand?

Originally Posted by GeoffJr@Isringhausen
This one owner 2011 GT3 RS was just purchased from the original owner
No mention of sport buckets on the equipment list so does this have the *** seats?
Old 12-31-2013, 01:11 AM
Rovman
Rennlist Member

[QUOTE=dasams;11014034]Trying to match supply with demand?

Yeah, but I see these far sale on a fairly regular basis where private owners are asking in the 130's for their cars. It's not like this is a 4.0 liter- far less supply than the regular 3.8. This is a 40+ thousand dollar difference for the same car comparable to other cars in the same market. Each to his own I guess, I understand we all want to make the most we can on a sale. I just don't see the $40+ thousand dollar difference in price just to purchase from a dealer.

Kudos to the dealer if they can make these sort of profits. Something is only worth what someone is willing to pay!!!
Old 12-31-2013, 01:18 AM
GeoffJr@Isringhausen
Platinum Dealership
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by dasams
Trying to match supply with demand? No mention of sport buckets on the equipment list so does this have the *** seats?
Exactly, supply and demand, untracked one owner examples of these cars with low miles are hard to come by.

The window sticker doesn't list sport buckets since they were standard. It would list adaptives on the sticker since they were an option.
Old 12-31-2013, 02:20 AM
blackboy
Pro

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Rovman
No offense Geoff as you guys always have beautiful examples, but what is the deal with these crazy prices dealers are asking for these cars?
Internet hysteria. Look at all the for sale adds here and elsewhere, with each new post the asking prices just get higher and higher.
Old 12-31-2013, 02:22 AM
Zero911
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I've been critical of the high prices on a couple other threads. But as someone actively looking around, on this particular car I can understand the asking price as it's a single owner car with a very low 2K miles. Still more than what I would want to pay but I can understand where supply/demand/attributes makes this asking price a reasonable starting point.

I just don't understand some of the other listings from Byers. For example a very similar 2011 with 2K miles for $195K asking. Or a 2011 with 13K miles for $170K asking.

You can say supply/demand and that this is market price. But market price is determined by purchases and these cars have not been purchased and have been listed for a while. They are priced above market price.
Old 12-31-2013, 03:49 AM
Rovman
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Zero911
I've been critical of the high prices on a couple other threads. But as someone actively looking around, on this particular car I can understand the asking price as it's a single owner car with a very low 2K miles. Still more than what I would want to pay but I can understand where supply/demand/attributes makes this asking price a reasonable starting point.

I just don't understand some of the other listings from Byers. For example a very similar 2011 with 2K miles for $195K asking. Or a 2011 with 13K miles for $170K asking.

You can say supply/demand and that this is market price. But market price is determined by purchases and these cars have not been purchased and have been listed for a while. They are priced above market price.
Bingo!!!!!!

I think people(and dealers) see these high asking prices believing that this is in fact what they are selling for and think that we must ask more(we can do better and make more). All the while their becomes an inventory of copy cat high priced cars sitting there going stale, far from where the check books that are true customers really are. IMO, this tactic hurts business.

Years ago, I used to wholesale cars in order to help myself through college and I used to observe this tactic all the time, often, months later when the car didn't sell due to sticker shock and a high asking price. The used/new car manager would chalk it up to a lessons learned and then dump the car, thinking that his hunch was wrong about the home run he thought he was going to make. When all the while if he would have asked a decent price, he could have sold that car, than gone back to the market and bought 2 or three more and then sold them at a decent price. Hence, in the end , making far more money and the multiple sales rather than trying to make the larger amount on ONE sale.

Having said all that, I digress, I am no longer in the car industry, these guys are and I am sure they know what they are doing.

Not trying to start a flame war, just using the forum to facilitate meaningful discussion about a topic that has peaked my interest as I absolutely would love to purchase the car that they are representing but just can't quantify the high asking price. As much as I would love to buy the car, to me, it just isn't worth that much.

It always makes me laugh when the justification is "it's a 1 owner car". What's funny is every time a drive a one owner car or four owner car, they always seem to drive, act and feel the exact same. Ha ha. No difference!!! Kind of an obnoxious thing to say but it's true. I guess a one owner car just doesn't add up to that much to me.

I don't doubt that that someone is out there, it just may take a LONG time to find him......

Last edited by Rovman; 12-31-2013 at 04:22 AM. Reason: Edit
Old 12-31-2013, 05:00 AM
secretcollector
Rennlist Member

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

Rovman, I (and I'm sure many others here) would love to know where you see advertised "on a fairly regular basis", 2,000 mile/one owner/high MSRP 3.8RS for the $130,000's?
Old 12-31-2013, 07:28 AM
Rovman
Rennlist Member

Well the 2k mile examples aren't a plenty, that's for sure. Was speaking of all RS' on the market if you must challenge.
But, one sold in my local area a few weeks ago for the upper 130's. It did start in the 140's. To note it did have just under 10k miles/ one owner, so not comparable to your 2k mile challenge. (I moved too slow- snooze u lose)
There is one currently on eBay in the mid 130's , once again it has just over 10k, so not comparable to a 2k car. Not my color either.
There a few other cars that are in the 140's that probably could be had for the 130's??? Who knows?

I see your point and I hear what people say about low miles/ one owner, etc. etc.

TO ME (key words here) the premium does not make sense....

I guess that is why I have never bought a one owner/ low mile/ 3 to 4 year old car for more than what it sold for new.

Last edited by Rovman; 12-31-2013 at 07:54 AM.
Old 12-31-2013, 07:52 AM
Rovman
Rennlist Member

Anyway, I feel that my curiosity and discussion about the price may have hijacked the OP add.
Apologies and GLWS. This color combo is my favorite in the RS.
Old 12-31-2013, 10:16 AM
vtwin996
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Can't wait to see the photos of this one. GLWS.
Old 01-01-2014, 11:39 AM
DRPM
Drifting

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by vtwin996
Can't wait to see the photos of this one. GLWS.
^
+1
Old 01-01-2014, 04:24 PM
gooner
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

was my car - pristine if anyone needs info let me know.

Quick Reply: 2011 GT3 RS Grey/Black with White Gold - 2,190 miles - 1 Owner - No Track Time