Notices

Is Streets of Willow as awful as BIG Willow?

Search this Thread

Old 10-22-2023, 09:16 PM
B-Line
Drifting

Received 87 Likes on 48 Posts
Default Is Streets of Willow as awful as BIG Willow?

I love tracking but I happen to hate Willow Springs. It's a horrible track with horrible facilities and poorly cared for. It amazes me how more people don't mumble and groan about it.

There is a track event next weekend at Streets of Willow. I can't remember if it's a good track or not because it's probably been 20 years and I normally try to avoid the entire facility. Is Streets of Willow a fun track? Is it a little better maintained than Big Willow?

Thanks,
Old 10-24-2023, 12:47 AM
revolutioN99
Rennlist Member

Received 27 Likes on 20 Posts

I was there in May and it was whatever. After doing buttonwillow all the time and going to Laguna Seca and Chuckwalla either one of the tracks at Willow springs just feel so poorly cared for. I am not a fan of Big Willow or streets of willow and I hadn't gone in years and after the event in May it was a reminder as to why I hate this track.
The following users liked this post:
B-Line (10-25-2023)
Old 10-24-2023, 01:49 PM
edub
Pro

Received 332 Likes on 183 Posts

I'm responding only because I'm slightly sympathetic, Willow Springs does have a very unmaintained feel about it.

But I also wonder what it is thats wrong with it? Every facility has things that people can dislike, Willows has its share but no one forces me to drive there either. That is probably why people don't complain or grumble about it. It is what it is.

I dislike Laguna Seca's sound limits and entry costs, I dislike Infineon's close walls, I dislike the heat of Buttonwillow, I dislike the drive to Thunderhill.

Old 10-25-2023, 12:30 PM
PacificGerman
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 55 Likes on 28 Posts

Streets of Willow is a fun track, I actually enjoy it more than Big Willow. The size suits Porsche sports cars very well and feels technical instead of straight line speed runs.

The facilities are pretty much the same between the two tracks as they are owned and managed the same. Big Willow actually has the cafe and garages, where streets just has a meeting room with restrooms. But you can drive back and forth between them as needed through the day. It is what it is, the cost and facility outweigh the amenities, so bring your own snacks and shelter if needed. It does get very windy there form time to time, so keep that in mind!

SoCal's bespoke choice for Porsche, VW, Audi, Bentley, Lamborghini, BMW, McLaren Service, Tuning, & Repair 🏁 www.pacificgerman.com

Quick Reply: Is Streets of Willow as awful as BIG Willow?